lanaismamom

Born to Die Tracklist Drafts

4 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

pretty much needing the following drafts:keyboard:

1. draft as of june 2010 (pre-video games demo)

2. btd draft as of january 2011 (pre-video games final)

3. btd draft as of june 2011 (pre-btd song)

4. btd draft with queen of disaster as opener track

5. G.B.A, the best of lana del rey, the world is ours, do u luv me yet? the revenge of lana del rey, born 2 die drafts

6. the 2012 re-issue draft that included damn you, hollywoods dead, serial killer, i don’t wanna go and others:keyboard:

Wasn't the reissue just with damn you and Hollywood's dead?

On 11/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, bigspender said:

honeymounz confirmed this draft tracklist on twitter a few days ago when talking about lucky ones coming up out of the blue to replace hundred dollar bill 

Did he reveal when that tracklist we as put together? Like month/day/year?

And which version of the songs were completed at the time too

Edited by The Siren

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Wasn't the reissue just with damn you and Hollywood's dead?

i revisited that thread and actually if to read more carefully boz made it clear that there has always been plans for re issue of btd, but when btd came out she shortly after started recording stuff (which are starry eyed, i don’t wanna go, jfk, hollywood, american and body electric demos), and because of she couldn’t wait to put it out, the re issue got merged with new sessions and that’s why paradise was an album some time, then she just continued recording, and we don’t know reasons why she scrapped some btd outtakes out of it, but possibly after scrapping those, paradise became an EP, this is another reason why it’s marketed as the extension of BTD - because it has always been such, but for the record, there are rumors that cola and ride demos were done before btd came out, but no one ever confirmed this info, 

only 100% confirmed songs for this re issue are american dream (damn you) and hollywoods dead, and “some others” as boz said, however, recently i did quite an extensive surfing of audio and lana thoughts sections and found an old post from a member, reliable member, that when he got serial killer and i don’t wanna go, they was told those songs were going to appear on the next album after BTD (that was like a long time ago, when there weren’t all that information we know about, therefore the information got swept and went ultimately unnoticed), - that also confirms that paradise sessions and btd outtakes were on the one project (also not to mention, she performed several times serial killer, so she obviously loved the song, and reworked i don’t wanna go into lake placid, as she felt like maybe the song was a redundant on the paradise sound wise or whatever)

also boz said that leaked version of i don’t wanna go is the final version made during paradise sessions

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

42 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Did he reveal when that tracklist we as put together? Like month/day/year?

And which version of the songs were completed at the time too

all we know, is that hundred dollar bill stayed among deluxe tracks up till december 2011, that possibly means the draft is almost pre final

found information in one interview (but shortly lost it) that btd was reworked by Emile Haynie in october-november, it’s very close to the release of the album, wonder what it looked like before he stepped in

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

found information in one interview (but shortly lost it) that btd was reworked by Emile Haynie in october-november, it’s very close to the release of the album, wonder what it looked like before he stepped in

what if it was him to switched HDB with Lolita :oopna2:

11 minutes ago, The Siren said:

what if it was him to switched HDB with Lolita :oopna2:

i remember hundred dollar bill had been on the tracklist up to december 2011 and then something happened and lucky ones appeared, most likely it was switched to that

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

i remember hundred dollar bill had been on the tracklist up to december 2011 and then something happened and lucky ones appeared, most likely it was switched to that

Maybe I was thinking of Lucky Ones then lol

new tracklist found by @blackenedrussianpoetry

According to AllMusic:

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born to Die

4. Diet Mountain Dew

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Radio

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off to the Races

10. This Is What Makes us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

“(Note that they already rated it as "Album pick")”

interesting to mention, this tracklist is almost identical to the other confirmed tracklist:

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born to Die

4. Put the Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off to the Races

10. This Is What Makes Us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill

you can see radio changed put the radio on, and it seems that the AllMusic variant of this tracklist iteration is the later one, and this is how the album looked like before, probably, december 2011

13 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Lana’s had the songs for the album sometime in sept 2011 (im guessing final tracklist)

omg interesting where did u find about it?

I’ve always liked thinking about the alternative titles considered for the album including “The World Is Ours” and “Do You Luv Me Yet?”  

It’s made me wonder if those two are also song names that were potential title tracks..or lyrics. I doubt it, but it would be interesting if they were out there!

7 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

I’ve always liked thinking about the alternative titles considered for the album including “The World Is Ours” and “Do You Luv Me Yet?”  

It’s made me wonder if those two are also song names that were potential title tracks..or lyrics. I doubt it, but it would be interesting if they were out there!

im still waiting for The Revenge of Lana Del Rey :crossed:

On 4/27/2024 at 11:36 AM, lanaismamom said:

omg interesting where did u find about it?

An interview done on the same month, that is sept 2011..! i’d look again - whats the name of the mag/web that interviewed her : )

Sorry for being unresponsive for i’ve been busy throughout the last two months : ) i think i’ll make that lost to time and least known interviews for i (think) i have a month of free time until june !