Sign in to follow this  
sublimedreamersublime

Elita

44 minutes ago, Jon Batiste Interlude said:

Love Elita! how did she not have a thread yet

they're a great band, but a lot of people tend to overlook the band because Elita Harkov had Tumblr posts about DDLG during her cokewhore camgirl phase... even though the people in question stan Melanie Martinez and this piece of information was uncovered right in between the Cry Baby and K-12 eras

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

2 hours ago, FkaTwinks said:

they're a great band, but a lot of people tend to overlook the band because Elita Harkov had Tumblr posts about DDLG during her cokewhore camgirl phase... even though the people in question stan Melanie Martinez and this piece of information was uncovered right in between the Cry Baby and K-12 eras

Why do you feel the need to mention Melanie on every thread here for no reason? mind you most of the people coming for Elita aren't even fans. Especially strange in this scenario considering they're friends IRL and Melanie's the one who got Elita into making music + acting again… but go off I guess! 

Melanie was never involved with DDLG, Elita was. They became friends years after she stopped. Anyways, I couldn't care less about Elita's Tumblr past considering she was a barely legal mentally ill addict, desperate for money and catering to the same creepy men she was camming for.

There's nuisance to everything and she's clearly in a better place now. Reminds me of Nicole Dollanganger's whole situation… not into either of their music, but they're both pretty girls! 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

18 hours ago, FkaTwinks said:

Who the f*** cares if she had a Tumblr DDLG phase?  or if she is or was a cam girl/sex worker.  Like most projects don't pummel as much sexuality as possible into the selling of the project. 

If I recall correctly, a thread was made once upon a time (2018?, 2019?) but it was deleted or closed because of awful things reposted on her tumblr blog that were brought to attention. Don't rlly want to say as I never saw proof anyway.

P.s. I love her song Sour Switchblade a LOT  but because of what I said above, I am genuinely not a comfortable "fan" of hers. 

23 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Why do you feel the need to mention Melanie on every thread here for no reason? mind you most of the people coming for Elita aren't even fans. Especially strange in this scenario considering they're friends IRL and Melanie's the one who got Elita into making music + acting again… but go off I guess! 

Melanie was never involved with DDLG, Elita was. They became friends years after she stopped. Anyways, I couldn't care less about Elita's Tumblr past considering she was a barely legal mentally ill addict, desperate for money and catering to the same creepy men she was camming for.

There's nuisance to everything and she's clearly in a better place now. Reminds me of Nicole Dollanganger's whole situation… not into either of their music, but they're both pretty girls! 

My post was just pointing out the hypocrisy. The people that started digging into Elita's past and making those posts were Melanie fans, which I thought was funny, considering the image Melanie had at that time + the fact she was wearing dresses from DDLG shops on tour. This has nothing to do with my opinions of Melanie, I just thought it was weird!

Side note, Melanie isn't responsible for Elita's career choices. Her boyfriend and bandmate Timothy is the one who got her into music. The band formed because Elita and Tim were trying to write a film treatment, it wasn't going anywhere, and that somehow led to them writing "I Hate Everyone But You" instead. (source: their old Spotify bio)

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

22 hours ago, FkaTwinks said:

My post was just pointing out the hypocrisy. The people that started digging into Elita's past and making those posts were Melanie fans, which I thought was funny, considering the image Melanie had at that time + the fact she was wearing dresses from DDLG shops on tour. This has nothing to do with my opinions of Melanie, I just thought it was weird!

Side note, Melanie isn't responsible for Elita's career choices. Her boyfriend and bandmate Timothy is the one who got her into music. The band formed because Elita and Tim were trying to write a film treatment, it wasn't going anywhere, and that somehow led to them writing "I Hate Everyone But You" instead. (source: their old Spotify bio)

I think I read this in an article a few months before Elita released their album. I wonder what the film was about.

In case y'all didn't know, Elita has been working on their second album for a while (I think before Dysania was released). Elita posted on their Instagram story a few days ago announcing that Sour Switchblade has reached 30M streams on Spotify and they also said to keep streaming while they work on their new album. I'm assuming the new album will be released 2024-2025.