barttttender

Most underrated moments on Lana's albums?

40 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

A very abstract thought but how every song title in Honeymoon kinda rhymes... or at least as an emphasis on the vowel/sound "ouu" in the song. Honeymoon the entire track's rhyme meter is based on that "ouu" sound and it's followed by Music To Watch Boys To and Terrence Loves You which also do that... then High By The Beach and Freak rhyme title wise as well and Freak utilizes that "ouu" rhyme scheme, then Art Deco, Burnt Norton, Religion, Salvatore all rhyme again... then also Twenty -Four, Swan Song, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood... 

Kinda why I think Honeymoon and Ocean Blvd are her closest attempts at a "concept record" cus everything just makes sense together... Unlike lust for life for example

But LFL is actually her closest "concept album" thing for me. All the themes of love, lust, light and life can be split into halves or even quarters. And it made sense too, at least for me...

url%5D

On 10/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, evalionisameme said:

We just been calling anything rock in this fandom :oic2: I kid but in reality lucky ones is really romantic and doesn’t deserve it’s hate 

Oop. Drag me sister! But that last bit kind of gives soft rock, no?

And I definitely agree with you there! Lucky Ones is a very sweet closure. I never understood the hate for it.

Blue Jeans music video orchestral intro sample in Melancholia/Ultraviolence demo intro :legend: both obviously are Dan Heath tracks, I miss his contribution honestly...

url%5D

The almost mono/AM radio sound of 'The Other Woman', that harkens back to the feeling of standing in your kitchen as a housewife in the 1960s, miserably listening to the radio and thinking about your cheating SOB of a husband.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png