Sign in to follow this  
violettiaras

Mike Hermosa interviewed by The Turlock Journal about Grammy nomination and working with Lana

https://www.turlockjournal.com/news/music/time-right/?fbclid=PAAabn2Auim0rjLfeJq2QMWjMe4Bbz4RmIhcP65moWDx2HaWqG6jB7yXxh0o4_aem_AaFbbFwTEUXD53n5toz1p2g7U4e3BE8uU0Hj1gEK3cmwvDoQuAxiahQT0uHcdFsSzv4

This is really all he says about Lana: 

“It didn’t hit me at first,” Hermosa said of the honor. “I’m happy for Lana and everyone on the team that worked on the album. It has been a whirlwind and I don’t think I’ve processed it all.”

“It became something I was always doing,” Hermosa said. “Every morning, I would get up and strum on the guitar.”

That habit of strumming chords and seeing where they might take him was directly behind the song “Let the Light In.”

“I was in one room just strumming some chords and Lana was in another and she could hear it and she started coming up with the lyrics. She came out and asked me to play it again and that’s how we got that song.”

On his instagram story he also said Turlock (his hometown) has the best taco truck, lol.

:shock2:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Mike Hermosa finally has an occasion to wear the gold Omega watch left to him 11 years ago upon his grandfather’s passing.

The Turlock native is nominated for a Grammy for Album of the Year as a songwriter on Lana Del Rey’s “Did you know there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?” Hermosa has songwriting credits on five songs on the album: “The Grants,” “Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd?” “Let the Light In,” “Peppers,” and “Taco Truck x VB.” He also produced the “Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd?” track.

“I’ve been waiting for something special to come along, like a premiere to wear the watch to,” Hermosa said. “It’s been sitting in my sock drawer for 11 years and now I finally have a reason to pull it out.”

He's attending the ceremony? interesting. 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

He's attending the ceremony? interesting. 

he attended a producer specific grammy event a few days back and he's at a special merit grammys ceremony right now according to his instagram. it must be so odd to be getting awards for something you did with your ex for like a few months 😭