Davis

Florence + The Machine

I'm so excited for the Odyssey omg :defeated: It's going to slay.

-

The RSD vinyl is going to have the demo of Delilah on it. Someone ripped it and posted it:

MkWI4Ns.png

I'm so excited for the Odyssey omg :defeated: It's going to slay.

-

The RSD vinyl is going to have the demo of Delilah on it. Someone ripped it and posted it:

I'm so confused, is the vinyl going to have just the demo and the cover, or the album version, demo and cover?

FzytWEW.png

I'm so confused, is the vinyl going to have just the demo and the cover, or the album version, demo and cover?

I think the demo and the cover.

MkWI4Ns.png

I really hope Flo will release The Odyssey on Blu-Ray/DVD later on this year. I wonder if they will re-package HBHBHB to include the film and maybe include the exclusive target/vinyl tracks,covers and the new demo. Sort Of Like A Collectors Edition :pray: 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I went to their show in Vienna on Tuesday and it was so unbelievably good! I don’t know how but I managed to get second row - on the side but still impressive considering that I couldn’t leave work earlier and arrived only 30 mins before doors opened. I mean I had a front of stage ticket but I really expected to stand somewhere at the very back. So this made a already great show even more incredible.

Florence was so good! I can’t describe it. She’s so powerful but at the same time she has this super calm aura. And her singing is just not from this world. I always thought I can’t believe that she really sings like that live until I see it with my own eyes – and I did and my mind is blown away. I mean how can one jump, run and do such weird dancing moves and at the same time hit every note – even the highest so perfectly? It’s magic I guess…

She wore a pink, transparent, floating gown and it kinda flew around her body and wrapped itself around her when she moved – it looked so magical.

Oh and she’s so so sweet. She told us a few times that we were the best crowd ever and bla (but I guess they do this every time) and she also told us that we should put away our phones during Third Eye (as someone else posted here I think) and some stories about how and when she wrote some of her songs and what they mean to her and stuff like that. She went down to the crowd two times but unfortunately always to the other side, not to the one where I was, and there she received tons of flower crowns. During Spectrum she grabbed a rainbow flag from the crowd and waved it above her head. I could go on like that for hours, telling how great she was…

I still can’t believe that this really happened, it all seems so unreal but for this one evening I could forget everything that’s shitty in my life right now and just enjoy the moment.

So I recommend everyone who hasn’t seen her yet to try to get to one of her shows. It was by far the best concert I’ve ever been to – sorry Lana :aw:

Oh and of course I'm also super excited for The Odyssey :excited:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I went to their show in Vienna on Tuesday and it was so unbelievably good! I don’t know how but I managed to get second row - on the side but still impressive considering that I couldn’t leave work earlier and arrived only 30 mins before doors opened. I mean I had a front of stage ticket but I really expected to stand somewhere at the very back. So this made a already great show even more incredible.

Florence was so good! I can’t describe it. She’s so powerful but at the same time she has this super calm aura. And her singing is just not from this world. I always thought I can’t believe that she really sings like that live until I see it with my own eyes – and I did and my mind is blown away. I mean how can one jump, run and do such weird dancing moves and at the same time hit every note – even the highest so perfectly? It’s magic I guess…

She wore a pink, transparent, floating gown and it kinda flew around her body and wrapped itself around her when she moved – it looked so magical.

Oh and she’s so so sweet. She told us a few times that we were the best crowd ever and bla (but I guess they do this every time) and she also told us that we should put away our phones during Third Eye (as someone else posted here I think) and some stories about how and when she wrote some of her songs and what they mean to her and stuff like that. She went down to the crowd two times but unfortunately always to the other side, not to the one where I was, and there she received tons of flower crowns. During Spectrum she grabbed a rainbow flag from the crowd and waved it above her head. I could go on like that for hours, telling how great she was…

I still can’t believe that this really happened, it all seems so unreal but for this one evening I could forget everything that’s shitty in my life right now and just enjoy the moment.

So I recommend everyone who hasn’t seen her yet to try to get to one of her shows. It was by far the best concert I’ve ever been to – sorry Lana :aw:

Oh and of course I'm also super excited for The Odyssey :excited:

Every time I read something like that, it reminds me of this summer when I saw her and how fucking amazing she was !!! AND I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE HER IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS LORD 

UM7JOQb.gif

Got the RSD exclusive. The colour of the vinyl is absolutely spectacular, and in real life it looks nothing like the pic Flo posted.

On the A side is

1. Delilah
  2. Delilah (Demo)

And the B side:

1. Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Live)

FzytWEW.png

I understand and respect Florence's decision but it was actual tragic how people were anticipating The Odyssey for weeks and then we're finally on the cusp of getting this beautiful masterpiece and then the news breaks only an hour before the release and we find out ten minutes before that it's postponed :rip:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Okay, wow. IT WAS SO GOOD. The cinematography was particularly top-notch, as expected.

Okay so..... Someone needs to tell me what's the story/meaning of the Odyssey cuz I don't see much...

From what I've gathered, there are multiple metaphorical meanings weaved through the whole thing. But I interpreted it as a journey between the "two Florences" that she addressed in the Q&A -- Florence, the person, and Florence, the performer -- and the connection between the two personas. Upon the release of HBHBHB, she spoke a lot about being inspired by the turbulent years between Ceremonials and HBHBHB, addressing her feelings in a straightforward fashion, and breaking the barrier between her work and personal lives.

Florence in the red pants suit is performer Florence, while the other scenes are literal or metaphorical representations of the chaos around her and in her own mind. If you noticed, all of the scenes in which she is not wearing the red pants suit, she's in vulnerable, exposed, or rough situations. The turbulent relationship, the car accident, the out-of-control house party situation, and the storm are all happenings in her personal life. From my point of view, the car accident is where real life and professional life collide, and she crawls out of the accident with a new perspective. As she wanders from the scene of the crash towards the theater and sings HBHBHB and Mother a cappella, the rest of the music videos (minus Third Eye) are flashbacks from the past few years. (Of course, once again, those flashbacks aren't always literal. I think that some of them -- St. Jude especially -- have been tailored to represent how Florence was feeling on the inside during these times.) Metaphorically speaking, the crash represents the past few years as a whole and the wandering towards the theater can be translated to her process of digesting all of the past's events and turning them into the art that she can share and perform. 

Just my two cents. Doesn't cover everything in the film, but gives a general feel for what I think it's about.

MkWI4Ns.png

Okay, wow. IT WAS SO GOOD. The cinematography was particularly top-notch, as expected.

From what I've gathered, there are multiple metaphorical meanings weaved through the whole thing. But I interpreted it as a journey between the "two Florences" that she addressed in the Q&A -- Florence, the person, and Florence, the performer -- and the connection between the two personas. Upon the release of HBHBHB, she spoke a lot about being inspired by the turbulent years between Ceremonials and HBHBHB, addressing her feelings in a straightforward fashion, and breaking the barrier between her work and personal lives.

Florence in the red pants suit is performer Florence, while the other scenes are literal or metaphorical representations of the chaos around her and in her own mind. If you noticed, all of the scenes in which she is not wearing the red pants suit, she's in vulnerable, exposed, or rough situations. The turbulent relationship, the car accident, the out-of-control house party situation, and the storm are all happenings in her personal life. From my point of view, the car accident is where real life and professional life collide, and she crawls out of the accident with a new perspective. As she wanders from the scene of the crash towards the theater and sings HBHBHB and Mother a cappella, the rest of the music videos (minus Third Eye) are flashbacks from the past few years. (Of course, once again, those flashbacks aren't always literal. I think that some of them -- St. Jude especially -- have been tailored to represent how Florence was feeling on the inside during these times.) Metaphorically speaking, the crash represents the past few years as a whole and the wandering towards the theater can be translated to her process of digesting all of the past's events and turning them into the art that she can share and perform. 

Just my two cents. Doesn't cover everything in the film, but gives a general feel for what I think it's about.

that actually makes a lot of sense tbh

UM7JOQb.gif

That was quite a very well written explanation, thank you

First we feel; then we fall.