Dreamboy

Lasso - My fanmade poster

I'm starting to learn how to use Photoshop and had an idea for a Lasso poster this week, put it on my notepad and then did it today.

It took me 2 hours to create it.Β It's simple but I'm proud of it and I want to know what u guys think of it.

QUbTGas.jpg

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Cute!Β :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ΰ£ͺ Λ–  𝒸𝒢𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢 π“Œπ’Άπ“‹π‘’ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒢𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰π“ƒπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆΒ β‚ŠΛš.ΰΌ„

10 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

K7?

Play on words for cassette. K=kah (k sound), 7=Sept. β€œKah-Sept”. It’s French.Β 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

OMG I’ve never heard of this!

:bebe:

The way I lied. Oops.:bebe: It’s French 😭 sept in French is 7. Not September. I’m slow. But yas it was typically used in French media.Β 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

36 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Cute!Β :wub:

Thanx πŸ₯°

Β 

11 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

K7?

Yeah, I didn’t mentioned cd nor stream bc I had the idea the record beingΒ released on the 70s when the only available formats were vinyl and k7Β 

I like it. You asked for thoughts and these are my thoughts:

I probably would've done the LASSO text in a different colour; imo it's too close to the colour behind it and picking something else would make it pop. OR do the yellow bg in a brown or something like that. But I think the size and font you've chosen are both really good.

You could do more with the actual lasso motif that you have on the right of the text. For example you could do it bigger, with more detail, and have it curling under the "American-made tale" text or something like that. Maybe even have it like a border between the red and yellow.

The black text on the dark red bg is a little hard to read; for an actual poster you would need more contrast, I think (white or another light colour)

^ these are just minor things. Overall, great work!

I like the vibe of it, you've done well with that

The more you use Photoshop, the better you'll get :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I like it. You asked for thoughts and these are my thoughts:

I probably would've done the LASSO text in a different colour; imo it's too close to the colour behind it and picking something else would make it pop. OR do the yellow bg in a brown or something like that. But I think the size and font you've chosen are both really good.

You could do more with the actual lasso motif that you have on the right of the text. For example you could do it bigger, with more detail, and have it curling under the "American-made tale" text or something like that. Maybe even have it like a border between the red and yellow.

The black text on the dark red bg is a little hard to read; for an actual poster you would need more contrast, I think (white or another light colour)

^ these are just minor things. Overall, great work!

I like the vibe of it, you've done well with that

The more you use Photoshop, the better you'll get :agree:

Thanx sm for you thoughts, loved the tips and idea you had l. Actually the motif on the right pf the LASSO text is a font that’s only icons, but I loved your idea of it curling under the β€œAmerican-made tale”. I’ll try to look for some tutorial in yt on how to do something like this, that’s a pretty good idea and would fit the theme really well