Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Compliment the Song Above You

I love this song so much. I love the patterns of its production, absolutely stunning and I love the lyrics as well, so quintessential LDR!

LDR - Heroin

url%5D

one of lana's best songs!!
it effectively captures the desire to change, especially with that bridge. its hot, uncomfortable, and you physically can't stand still anymore.
along with change and get free, heroin perfectly summarizes the transformation of "old lana" into "new lana"

it also gives an interesting perspective on "lust for life", first showing her past lusts, and how she has a new lust for a new way of life

i once saw a comment saying that heroin is exactly what you'd expect a five minute lana del rey song called "heroin" to feel like and they're so right :suicide:

motley reference, charles manson reference, drug references

also just great imagery in general: being pulled by the ribbons in her hair, being rocked like heavy metal, hot topanga nights, flying to the moon
some lyrics worthy of mention:

I wanna leave, I'll probably stay another year

Life rocked me like Mötley, grabbed me by the ribbons in my hair. Life rocked me ultra softly, like the heavy metal that you wear

I'm flyin' to the moon again, dreamin' about marzipan, takin' all my medicine to take my thoughts away
I'm gettin' on that aeroplane, leavin' my old man again, I hope that I come back one day to tell you that I really changed

It's hot, hot, somethin' 'bout the city, don't know what it is, it makes my head get crazy, makes me feel like I can change all of my evil ways and shit

+ the entire bridge

/

Sun Bleached Flies - Ethel Cain

or Candy Necklace - LDR if you don't know the first one

keep your light on babe i might be standing oustide 🚗

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Great gown.

New Romantics - Taylor Swift

Wonderful pop song. It has such a carefree and youthful energy about it. something kind of triumphant about it as well! Makes me think of rom com movies like “how to be single” (I love that movie)

Sweet Spot - Kim Petras