Sign in to follow this  
audreysdance

Remy Bond

11 hours ago, loleetah said:

Exactly how I feel!! There's plenty of artists inspired by her nowadays but Remy is just copy and pasting tropes.

Also, I think it's hilarious that her Spotify bio says she "grew up in the Chelsea Hotel".... she was on Masterchef Junior :flop:

https://masterchef.fandom.com/wiki/Remy_Bond

lol no way i'm supporting her now:air:

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ok but also what is the style of that wig she is wearing cause i need something like that for a photoshoot lmao

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I listened to her actively today and wound up on #111 on top listeners on stats.fm whoops 😭

Anyways, yes she definitely takes inspiration from Lana, but I don’t feel like she’s a blatant copy of her. I feel though like she lacks a bit “soul”, I can’t properly describe it, but it feels like she’s covering her own songs? She might have to find herself a bit, but I feel like she’s really promising and I do enjoy her vibe and her voice is really sweet. 
I wouldn’t mind someone similar to Lana tbh, that only means more good music. Maybe there is also a bit of hope of “omg I knew her before she blew up, I went to her concert and got barricade by only being half an hour early 🤪🤪🤪

her fans are crazy defensive on tiktok idk why because i didn’t even bring her up

probably because she replies to their comments 

i won't lie and say that "summer song" is bad. it'd be easy to say that but i think it's a very good mimic. however it's just that- a mimic, a carbon copy of something much more interesting. the fact that she doesn't even claim to be inspired by lana is an absolute fucking joke, and for that i have zero respect for her as an artist or person

On 7/16/2024 at 3:10 PM, imbennett said:

i won't lie and say that "summer song" is bad. it'd be easy to say that but i think it's a very good mimic. however it's just that- a mimic, a carbon copy of something much more interesting. the fact that she doesn't even claim to be inspired by lana is an absolute fucking joke, and for that i have zero respect for her as an artist or person

i mean i get it, but what do you want from her?? to make her bio “lana wannabe” ?? :toofloppy:  she will probably cite her as an influence if asked in an interview… i can’t imagine her denying it. We’ll see!!

14417469274.gif

Anyone seen her preview for her next song „San Francisco“? 
I like the sound of it, but i don’t think there will be anything more for the full release, like I feel the whole song will sound like it.

For the video it’s clearly Lana inspired, like that headband is just one feather away from a Ride scandal. 😭

i really like her voice and her vision, I just hope she’ll add more variety into her songs. I think that’s my biggest turn off of indie songs at some point it all sounds the same. 
I feel End of the World is her strongest song currently

On 7/16/2024 at 4:10 PM, imbennett said:

the fact that she doesn't even claim to be inspired by lana is an absolute fucking joke, and for that i have zero respect for her as an artist or person

Where has she said this? Just curious 

5 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Where has she said this? Just curious 

to be quite honest i've just seen other people say this, if she did it was prob in a comment or something since shes not rly getting music journalism coverage yet ! if she didn't say it then i take that back its a bit harsh lol

12 minutes ago, imbennett said:

to be quite honest i've just seen other people say this, if she did it was prob in a comment or something since shes not rly getting music journalism coverage yet ! if she didn't say it then i take that back its a bit harsh lol

I’m not sure what she has or hasn’t said, but I’d be surprised if she claimed she isn’t inspired by Lana. She follows both Lana and Chuck on Instagram, so she’s clearly not too worried about people making the connection. However, if she has said somewhere that she isn’t a fan, that would definitely be a huge lie 

Her music is fine but I just can’t get over how obvious the nepotism is. She clearly didn’t have to do any work, just copy Lana’s aesthetic. I also find it weird that she never really directly references Lana. There are so many better artists that deserve the resources she has.

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

Don’t go back to Paris and San Francisco just dropped and I must say I already like them way more than her other songs already. I feel like they’re better paced. They’re fun to listen to and don’t feel like „one listen and forget it exists“. 

The music is good and the visuals are beautiful but something about her just feels really disingenuous...idk. I feel like nothing she creates feels really unique. Her Don't Go Back to Paris MV is pretty but it's just copying movies.

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵