That Venice Bitch

Sources Say Biden to Drop Out of 2024 Race, DNC to Hold Open Convention

I also think people are judging Kamala far too soon. She's within striking distance to Trump (~46% to his 47.5) with 0 Presidential campaigning. I am almost certain that once she starts holding large scale rallies, and once she comes out running, she can close the gap - if she plays her cards right, and if the party gets behind her. 

She needs to be tough on Trump and Vance's reproductive rights beliefs (probably the biggest wedge issue right now), and imo pick a VP that comes from a swing state (either Whitmer or Shapiro - Beshear is great, but he's not gonna make a difference in key areas of the Electoral College, he appeals to a base that is already voting blue). 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I'll vote for whoever the democrats want, but if Harris is the one advocated as replacing Biden, they can have her 2028, and they can still have her earlier than that, if Biden decides to resign for health reasons during his 2nd term. If I were Biden, I'd promise to establish a 10-person shadowing committee of his presidential performance while he's in office. I don't know, maybe 7 democrats and 3 republicans on it, as the dems don't owe reps ANY impartiality for committee assignments. What they could do is write up a report citing specific reasons Biden should step down owing to his performance (e.g., 25th Amendment stuff). If they can get such a report with 7 signatories saying Biden should step down (and they'll always be able to get at least 3, I'm pretty sure), he should, and the report could remain classified, if Biden wanted that. Then they would get Harris, anyway. And if he didn't have to step down, given he has an effectual senate/congress, he can still do a good job. BTW, I still feel confident about Biden's policy objectives vis a vis Trump's. I think his first term compares VERY favorably to Trump's, and I even feel confident about Biden's campaigning abilities vis a vis Trump's, although that last, is just my opinion, based on substance of the campaigning content. 

If the dems don't want Harris as the top of the ticket, using Biden/Harris campaign funds becomes problematic (or maybe not, not sure). It is also the case, that the democrat they choose might not be as popular as Biden (contra Trump), so I would really want to know their reasoning for their choice with regard to popularity. I'd also want to know (if I were indecisive voter, which I'm not), how the replacement's policy objectives differed from Biden (if they did). 

13 hours ago, slang said:

I'll vote for whoever the democrats want, but if Harris is the one advocated as replacing Biden, they can have her 2028, and they can still have her earlier than that, if Biden decides to resign for health reasons during his 2nd term. If I were Biden, I'd promise to establish a 10-person shadowing committee of his presidential performance while he's in office. I don't know, maybe 7 democrats and 3 republicans on it, as the dems don't owe reps ANY impartiality for committee assignments. What they could do is write up a report citing specific reasons Biden should step down owing to his performance (e.g., 25th Amendment stuff). If they can get such a report with 7 signatories saying Biden should step down (and they'll always be able to get at least 3, I'm pretty sure), he should, and the report could remain classified, if Biden wanted that. Then they would get Harris, anyway. And if he didn't have to step down, given he has an effectual senate/congress, he can still do a good job. BTW, I still feel confident about Biden's policy objectives vis a vis Trump's. I think his first term compares VERY favorably to Trump's, and I even feel confident about Biden's campaigning abilities vis a vis Trump's, although that last, is just my opinion, based on substance of the campaigning content. 

If the dems don't want Harris as the top of the ticket, using Biden/Harris campaign funds becomes problematic (or maybe not, not sure). It is also the case, that the democrat they choose might not be as popular as Biden (contra Trump), so I would really want to know their reasoning for their choice with regard to popularity. I'd also want to know (if I were indecisive voter, which I'm not), how the replacement's policy objectives differed from Biden (if they did). 

imo if it gets to the point where they need a committee to watch over Biden's health, he isn't healthy enough to be in office.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Apparently it’s being rumored that Hillary Clinton will be replacing Biden as democratic nominee at the DNC…

Hilary would’ve won if it wasn’t for trump medaling so i wouldnt be to mad

Edited by DemonMic2003

8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Apparently it’s being rumored that Hillary Clinton will be replacing Biden as democratic nominee at the DNC…

While I still think she's generally disliked, I've seen public perception around her soften considerably since 2016, and I always thought her trying to get into office post-Obama was a bad move. The chances of her having won 8 years post-8 year of Dems controlling the WH were very slim (and almost historically, post-WW2, unprecedented to have a single party control the WH for 16 years straight). 

She should currently be running for re-election in the very slightly better timeline after Bernie Sanders lost to Trump in 2016, and Trump lost to Hillary in 2020. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

55 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

how to lose the election 101.....

we don't need a rematch of 2016 and if we have one, it's handing it over to trump. absolutely not, id hope. i'd rather have harris and i hate harris. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

If that happens, I will DEF vote Jill. Replace Biden with one of the progressives!

giphy.gif

the sooner, the better, the later, the worse... they need to announce him dropping out SOON, if he is to drop out, we need to give people time to adjust to a new candidate and time for the new candidate to advocate for themselves

f7z0pce.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

the sooner, the better, the later, the worse... they need to announce him dropping out SOON, if he is to drop out, we need to give people time to adjust to a new candidate and time for the new candidate to advocate for themselves

IMO anyone could beat Trump as long as they aren't Biden or Clinton. They won't need much time.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

IMO anyone could beat Trump as long as they aren't Biden or Clinton. They won't need much time.

i know people would consider it a barrier for kamala harris since she's a women, and she's not white, i know some people have biases, but i believe in her, she's younger, and i know she's not even going to entertain debating about her golfing skills :flop: i feel like her (or pretty much anyone else) would completely eat trump up in the next debate

i know she isn't perfect, and people have valid reasons to dislike her, but she's probably the most likely option given that she's the VP, and honestly, i don't think majority of politicians are truly moral people or have completely moral backgrounds

f7z0pce.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i know people would consider it a barrier for kamala harris since she's a women, and she's not white, i know some people have biases, but i believe in her, she's younger, and i know she's not even going to entertain debating about her golfing skills :flop: i feel like her (or pretty much anyone else) would completely eat trump up in the next debate

i know she isn't perfect, and people have valid reasons to dislike her, but she's probably the most likely option given that she's the VP, and honestly, i don't think majority of politicians are truly moral people or have completely moral backgrounds

Kopmala's background would make it hard for me to vote for her ngl. I didn't like her stance on trans people in prison or her attacks on black families.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Kopmala's background would make it hard for me to vote for her ngl. I didn't like her stance on trans people in prison or her attacks on black families.

well, it's either her or trump :brigitte: i know i've said before that i don't really have an issue with people voting for third-party candidates, but i also somewhat agree that you're somewhat throwing your vote away because there's no chance they're going to win, i agree that the two-party system isn't working and we should have more options, more options that could possibly win, but right now, in this current election that just isn't the case, i can promise you that trump will be way worse for trans people and black people than harris would be, and voting for jill stein is just wasting your vote, at the end of the day, she will be the democratic candidate, so she will most likely be like any other typical democratic candidate expressing more typical democratic values

also, it's not to say that we shouldn't be aware of her hurtful actions, and we have every reason to be suspicious of them and to not like them, but between her, and trump, i most certainly would pick her

f7z0pce.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

I would literally vote for Jill Stein :facepalm:

(there is genuinely zero chance of this happening, the humiliation of 2016 humbled HRC to eternity) The Kamalocalypse is upon us and I’m ok with accepting that at this moment in time. I appreciate her advocacy for Palestine (as good as you can get, yk) and it’s time we had a Democrat who had actually decent foreign policy. She absolutely has to be pushed to the left on some things, but I feel like that is genuinely feasible. So idk why they won’t do it already. She’ll totally beat Trump. Biden won’t. 

There’s also no such thing as throwing your vote away <3 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I would literally vote for Jill Stein :facepalm:

(there is genuinely zero chance of this happening, the humiliation of 2016 humbled HRC to eternity) The Kamalocalypse is upon us and I’m ok with accepting that at this moment in time. I appreciate her advocacy for Palestine (as good as you can get, yk) and it’s time we had a Democrat who had actually decent foreign policy. She absolutely has to be pushed to the left on some things, but I feel like that is genuinely feasible. So idk why they won’t do it already. She’ll totally beat Trump. Biden won’t. 

There’s also no such thing as throwing your vote away <3 

i agree with your post, but... when the candidate you are voting for has no chance of winning, you sort of are, i think people should have the right to vote for who they want to, but if we're concerned about trump coming into office again, if we're concerned about project 2024, if we do not want that to happen, the most logical thing to do is just vote for the democratic candidate, do i believe we should feel obligated to vote for someone we don't really like? no, i believe things should change, but that isn't going to happen this election cycle, i don't want to start any disagreements, but i think we need to be logical about this, the other candidates have no way of winning and the only way to keep trump out of the white house or project 2024/other hurtful policies out of our lives is by voting democrat, i know voting for lesser of two evils suck, but that is what it's come to :shrug:

f7z0pce.jpeg