That Venice Bitch

2024 US Presidential Election - Kamala Harris/Tim Walz vs. Donald Trump/J.D. Vance

1 minute ago, Mer said:

if it’s so “outlandish” why are so many of its writers former Trump admins. These people, unlike “Antifa”, have actually been in power. 

because it was written by republicans. that doesn't mean the policies are popular or representative of the average republican. I don't think the average republican even knows what project 2025 is. I think it's mostly popularized by democrats' reactions.

2 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

regardless... like i said... trump appointed conservative supreme court justices that decided to overturn roe v. wade, which has resulted in very harmful consequences for women, and even young girls who are victims of rape and incest! you could say that he didn't necessarily know or specifically intend for that to happen, his actions as president have consequences, and there's fear that in the future, more things could be left to the states, like gay marriage, and even interracial marriage! 

abortion should be a right everywhere, regardless if some women aren't getting them for the "right reasons", if somebody doesn't agree with abortion, they have the choice to not get one, and abortion will always be a thing, even if it's illegal, it will just be more dangerous for women to have to get one, having it be legal will result in less deaths

and, believe me, there's definitely people out there who disagree with abortion, even in cases of rape, and some people just do not care about women as human-beings, and at their core, do not register us as actual people, and if you can't see that, you aren't paying attention

girl why are you being passive aggressive. I understand you think abortion is a right.  im discussing why some people think it is and why some people think it isn't, and how most Americans agree more on this issue than the media portrays. 

I honestly think mainstream Republicanism has now developed into a new subset of “Trumpianism” where the latter is gaining more traction than what Republicanism might have used to be. The last Republican in office was Trump, so it’s not hard to see why the phrase “conservative” has invariably evoked Trumpian ideology when proudly worn in popular culture (I’m thinking of a lot of conservative women influencers like Blaire White, HRH Collection, Alex Clark from Poplitics, Hannah Pearl Davis, and of course the many people who are part of PragerU). In the last 4 years I have been stunned at the prevalence of it—especially post-pandemic and post-January 6—and I will truly be shocked if America reverts back.

52 minutes ago, urgirl said:

girl why are you being passive aggressive. I understand you think abortion is a right.  im discussing why some people think it is and why some people think it isn't, and how most Americans agree more on this issue than the media portrays. 

i apologize for coming across that way, i didn't intend to be passive aggressive, but i can totally see how i came across that way, i suppose i can get really passionate about how i feel, i just didn't quite agree with you expressing that the large majority of people agree with abortion in the cases of rape or incest, i'm sure many people do, but some people can be really backwards, and misogyny in general certainly still exists and seems to almost be more apparent or more prevalent now, incel culture, andrew tate's success, ETC are proof of that, i'm starting to understand more now than ever why some women genuinely hate or strongly dislike men as a whole, because, when it really comes down to it, misogyny is alive, and it permeates so much, even subtly, and like @IanadeIrey said, republicanism is becoming more and more extremist, and there's still plenty of people who will vote for trump, and some of the popular figures on the right, for example justpearlythings, are very extremist, yet garner many genuine fans, despite how many people also criticize and condemn them

and, sorry, but one more thing, you said this

women who get abortions out of true callousness and selfishness

women aren't getting abortions simply because they're selfish, i would bet you that the very large majority of women are getting abortions because they have genuine reasons why they cannot raise a child, such as financial reasons, or the fact that they might be in a state mentally where they know they will not be properly equipped to have children, some would argue that it's selfish to choose yourself over your pregnancy, but i don't agree, it's selfish to bring a child into the world if you aren't equipped to handle taking care of them

i know it's a very complicated issue at the end of the day, and we all have our own opinions on abortion, when life begins, what can be considered "murder", but i feel like keeping it legal and letting people decide what they want to do is just the most simple and logical solution, while also providing education, birth control,  and doing what we can to help women be able to be successful mothers if they're faced with that possible choice, people can't even afford their own place nowadays, so we can't expect people to want to have children if they can't even have their own place to live

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I honestly think mainstream Republicanism has now developed into a new subset of “Trumpianism” where the latter is gaining more traction than what Republicanism might have used to be. The last Republican in office was Trump, so it’s not hard to see why the phrase “conservative” has invariably evoked Trumpian ideology when proudly worn in popular culture (I’m thinking of a lot of conservative women influencers like Blaire White, HRH Collection, Alex Clark from Poplitics, Hannah Pearl Davis, and of course the many people who are part of PragerU). In the last 4 years I have been stunned at the prevalence of it—especially post-pandemic and post-January 6—and I will truly be shocked if America reverts back.

Ordinary Republicanism was evil. Remember Reagan? Or ANY Bush family member?

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, urgirl said:

In her defence, she’s just bringing up a valid talking point that corresponds to the conversation you’re trying to initiate — which, by the way, I understand and can appreciate. I don’t think there’s as much middle ground, honestly, as many conservative value systems maintain the idea of pro-life and so advocate for and champion the delegitimization of abortion as a right. It certainly persists, even if people are not abrasive in their approach. And anecdotally speaking, people let their beliefs slip in everyday conversation, so I do think there is a lot of division on the issue that also stems from sacred versus secular schools of thought (the former obviously having a large overlap with conservatism - but that’s a whole other conversation). 

Just now, baddisease said:

Ordinary Republicanism was evil. Remember Reagan? Or ANY Bush family member?

Oh I definitely agree, don’t get me wrong. I just think it’s less covert now than maybe it used to be. 

1 minute ago, Dark Angel said:

i apologize for coming across that way, i suppose i can get really passionate about how i feel, i just didn't quite agree with you expressing that the large majority of people agree with abortion in the cases of rape or incest, i'm sure many people do, but some people can be really backwards, and misogyny in general certainly still exists and seems to almost be more apparent or more prevalent now, incel culture, andrew tate's success, ETC are proof of that, i'm starting to understand more now than ever why some women genuinely hate or strongly dislike men as a whole, because, when it really comes down to it, misogyny is alive, and it permeates so much, even subtly, and like @IanadeIrey said, republicanism is becoming more and more extremist, and there's still plenty of people who will vote for trump, and some of the popular figures on the right, for example justpearlythings, are very extremist, yet garner many genuine fans, despite how many people also criticize and condemn them

and, sorry, but one more thing, you said this

women aren't getting abortions simply because they're selfish, i would bet you that the very large majority of women are getting abortions because they have genuine reasons why they cannot raise a child, such as financial reasons, or the fact that they might be in a state mentally where they know they will not be properly equipped to have children, some would argue that it's selfish to choose yourself over your pregnancy, but i don't agree, it's selfish to bring a child into the world if you aren't equipped to handle taking care of them

That's really weird and wrong to take that phrase out of context when I literally said that "women who get abortions our of callousness or selfishness" is NOT REPRESENTATIVE of the population and that it is wrong for conservatives to hyper focus on that.  Plz just be thoughtful and intelligent.

Multiple schools in Springfield Ohio have been evacuated the past two days due bomb threats about false claims made by President Trump. 
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/bomb-threat-reported-multiple-buildings-springfield-ohio/story?id=113619803

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/12/us/politics/springfield-ohio-bomb-threat-trump-pets.html

also the person who started this whole rumor admitted it was a lie

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna171099

492482-1.png

♡︎

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

That's really weird and wrong to take that phrase out of context when I literally said that "women who get abortions our of callousness or selfishness" is NOT REPRESENTATIVE of the population and that it is wrong for conservatives to hyper focus on that.  Plz just be thoughtful and intelligent.

no I agree with @Dark Angel, it seems highly insensitive, misinformed, and ignorant to suggest any women (regardless of how “small” you claim the made up “percentage” to be) would get an abortion out of “callousness” or “selfishness.”  

Like @shadesofblue said, this is not an easy procedure. It carries an enormous mental and physical toll. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, Mer said:

no I agree with @Dark Angel, it seems highly insensitive, misinformed, and ignorant to suggest any women (regardless of how “small” you claim the made up “percentage” to be) would get an abortion out of “callousness” or “selfishness.”  

Like @shadesofblue said, this is not an easy procedure. It carries an enormous mental and physical toll. 

you're right it has never happened in history. ever.  all women who have ever lived are morally flawless!

4 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I don't get why conservatives hyper focus on a small percentage of women who get abortions out of true callousness and selfishness

so you agree? some women get abortions out of "true callousness and selfishness"? So You Agree GIFs | Tenor

don't get mad at me for pointing out something you said and implied :eyeroll2:

1 minute ago, Dark Angel said:

so you agree? some women get abortions out of "true callousness and selfishness"? So You Agree GIFs | Tenor

don't get mad at me for pointing out something you said and implied :eyeroll2:

thanks Regina George. you are very smart.

1 minute ago, urgirl said:

you're right it has never happened in history. ever.  all women who have ever lived are morally flawless!

Well, I don’t think abortion is a moral issue. It’s a healthcare issue. And that’s fundamentally the division that exists between people who are in support of abortion being a right versus abortion not being a right. So, clearly, there’s not middle ground at the baseline level. 

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

there is nothing immoral about abortion, full stop, and you seem to be suggesting there is. I think you’ve said some very odd and questionable things. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Well, I don’t think abortion is a moral issue. It’s a healthcare issue. And that’s fundamentally the division that exists between people who are in support of abortion being a right versus abortion not being a right. So, clearly, there’s not middle ground at the baseline level. 

That's totally valid! but somebody who thinks abortion is murder will prima facia not believe that it is a healthcare issue and not a moral issue. so I think that is why the discussion of abortion between pro lifers and pro choicers kinda gets lost and why it is hard for them to communicate sometimes. 

I'm not even a pro lifer but actually just thinking about the issue and I appreciate that you are too!!

7 minutes ago, urgirl said:

thanks Regina George. you are very smart.

i really don't mean to fight with you, but i just found it odd how you implied that women, even if it's a small percentage and aren't representative of the majority of women, are aborting out of selfishness, believe me, the large majority of women don't want to get abortions, and are doing so because they really have no choice

even if some women really are getting abortions out of "selfishness", (which i don't really believe they are) the large majority are not, so why even bring them up? people who are advocating for abortion rights are doing so mostly because women and GIRLS are getting raped, women are not able to afford to have children, and some women, including ones who want to have children so desperately, are at risk of fatal compilations due to their pregnancies, or their babies have conditions that will leave them unable to experience anything from pain and will die soon after being born, and have to make a choice they don't want to make, but have to because they will die if they do not, or the baby they will have will suffer greatly

you can argue that women who have abortions out of selfishness are having them because they simply don't want to be pregnant or have a baby, but i am certain they have reasons as to why they are willing to go that route, one that is still so taboo, in order to avoid that happening

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

there is nothing immoral about abortion, full stop, and you seem to be suggesting there is. I think you’ve said some very odd and questionable things. 

I understand your opinion but just stating your belief is not the same as presenting an argument for it. I think a forum is a place for discussion and not just stating beliefs. 

Thank you for your judgement

2 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

even if some women really are getting abortions out of "selfishness", the large majority are not, so why even bring them up?

I agree. that's literally what my original post said. that conservatives shouldn't focus on that because it is so small, if even existing, that it doesn't really matter to the real discussion. Did you read my post that you are quoting?

21 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I understand your opinion but just stating your belief is not the same as presenting an argument for it. I think a forum is a place for discussion and not just stating beliefs. 

Thank you for your judgement

sorry but i really do think you just love playing devil's advocate.

I uniquely remember you being mad/questioning Trump getting banned from Twitter on Jan. 6th, 2021. You also suggested Joe Biden should be executed for the Afghanistan Withdrawal (which, for the record, I agree was a disaster, and needs answering for, but not via an electric chair). 

You claim to just be presenting a dialogue, but I think that's simply a way for you to voice your true beliefs without getting outright dragged on this left-leaning forum. 

Also who died and put you in charge of who can share what beliefs of LanaBoards dot com? I am not in a court of law, and there is no judge and jury