Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

4 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

it would be one thing if he was JUST a Trump supporter who follows him or something, but he REPOSTS and likes horrible posts repeatedly that are pro-Trump and pro-violence, which just means he is a disgusting human being, and if she can marry someone who is that right-wing and outspoken, I don't think we should support her

this has nothing to do with pleasing her fans, this has to do with basic morals, i don't know how she can literally marry and dedicate her life to someone who actively spreads hate and supports one of the worst presidents we've ever had who plans to eliminate human rights

I'm going off topic a bit but I'm European

By abandoning the pressure exerted by NATO, he is handing over to Putin a great democrat who is a friend of all minorities.

Soo he’s a trump supporter who ditched his girlfriend for Lana, likes thirst traps on TikTok, doesn’t want Lana to take pics with fans.. Lana look at me this isn’t you:omg: the only explanation for this is she got knocked up

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

this is such a crazy statement

Why? She's is a super-professional, very intelligent, strong woman and individual. She's massively accomplished. 

And she's got all the worldly power and probably had him sign a pre-nup. She's got millions of dollars and homes all over the place—you think she can't leave him, go to her lawyer, start divorce proceedings, and move forward with her life, leaving him or any other man in her dust?

We know she's dealt with massive heartbreak and romantic disappointment in the past—it's one of her major themes. 

And as far as first actions taken, she can call her father, brother, and sister and they will drop everything and swoop in to do whatever needs to be done if she needs help or moral support and love. 

9 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

in hidden monster you will notice that there is the hidden word

I wrote closet monster—you changed my words, which should be an offense here. 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why? She's is a super-professional, very intelligent, strong woman and individual. She's massively accomplished. 

And she's got all the worldly power and probably had him sign a pre-nup. She's got millions of dollars and homes all over the place—you think she can't leave him, go to her lawyer, start divorce proceedings, and move forward with her life, leaving him or any other man in her dust?

We know she's dealt with massive heartbreak and romantic disappointment in the past—it's one of her major themes. 

And as far as first actions taken, she can call her father, brother, and sister and they will drop everything and swoop in to do whatever needs to be done if she needs help or moral support and love. 

I just think because domestic abuse is such a serious and sensitive topic that it's a little crazy to say "she'll handle it if he is abusive..." That's like one of the big parts of abuse: the victim can't just "handle it." I also just think it's weird to bring up the possibility of abuse at all in this situation, and that goes for other members on here as well (im not trying to target your specific statement at all). Let's not talk about abuse when there is literally no evidence of that yet, that's just weird.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I wrote closet monster—you changed my words, which should be an offense here. 

I think it's because they're french, so the automatic translation messes up their quotes.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why? She is a very professional, very intelligent, strong woman and a very accomplished person. 

And she has all the power in the world and probably made him sign a prenup. She has millions of dollars and houses all over the place. You think she can't just leave him, go to her lawyer, file for divorce and move on with her life and leave him or any other man in the dust?

We know she's had to deal with huge heartbreak and romantic disappointments in the past – it's one of her major themes. 

And as for the first steps to take, she can call her father, her brother and her sister and they will drop everything and step in to do whatever needs to be done if she needs help, moral support and love. 

Don't you find it surprising after a wedding day to be forced, unfortunately rightly so, to have these arguments?

To be fair, I think fans are allowed to be disappointed that she married a Trump supporter but I feel like she’s made it obvious where she stands the last year. She’s at least pretty tolerant of Republicans. What I love about this all is that she really does not care about her celebrity or what people say or think. It’s admirable. 

But aside from that I hope she is happy and that this works out for them. Lana is so random and messy so this isn’t surprising but still shocking because it all happened so fast. At the end of the day we don’t know Lana and honestly barely know what she’s really been through in her life because she’s so private and only shared tidbits of her experiences. 

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

I think it's because they're French, so the machine translation messes up their quotes.

That's it, I only have a moderate command of your language

18 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

but what world are members living in when half the citizens of the United States support Trump? That is a FACT.

Literally at work today some customer was wearing a “Trump 2024” shirt…and I live in Australia:toofunny:

had to literally look anywhere but at him :awkney:

2 hours ago, Creyk said:

She has 61, 3 million monthly listeners just on spotify. This does not factor in apple music, youtube and other streaming platforms. Leave if you are such a special snowflake who can't support her anymore. Clearly there are enough other people who do:sass:

I will assume you’re 15 and I won’t elaborate further as to why your comment is an absolutely meaningless reply 

21 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

I just think because domestic abuse is such a serious and sensitive topic that it's a little crazy to say "she'll handle it if he is abusive..." That's like one of the big parts of abuse: the victim can't just "handle it." I also just think it's weird to bring up the possibility of abuse at all in this situation, and that goes for other members on here as well (im not trying to target your specific statement at all). Let's not talk about abuse when there is literally no evidence of that yet, that's just weird.

'Abuse' covers a wide swath of things that might end a marriage—that's why I used that word--'abuse' doesn't necessarily mean physical abuse. And we know Lana knows all about emotional and psychological abuse—she's sang about it too for a decade (Ultraviolence, Velvet Crowbar, Blackest Day, Honeymoon, Violets For Roses, Cult Leader, 13 Beaches, etc.) 

I'm saying it's doubtful she would succumb. We know she dates a lot of men, discarding them with apparent ease, copes with whatever heartbreak she feels, and moves on. 

So whatever her spouse does that she doesn't like is unlikely to be tolerated by her for very long, child or children or no child or children. 

Just now, spencertaureanmartin said:

Literally at work today a customer was wearing a “Trump 2024” t-shirt…and I live in Australia:too funny:

I literally had to look anywhere but him :awkney:

when lizzy grant one of the coolest girls gets there or describes her so aptly  HeyBlueBaby  you should not doubt anything

2 minutes ago, spencertaureanmartin said:

Literally at work today some customer was wearing a “Trump 2024” shirt…and I live in Australia:toofunny:

had to literally look anywhere but at him :awkney:

Exactly. There are 70 to 150 million in the United States. They are everywhere, in all states, in all communities.  

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

I hope so! Things are getting out of control :awkney:

Unfortunately, it's not the wire that's the problem.

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Exactly. There are between 70 and 150 million of them in the United States. They are everywhere, in every state, in every community.  

is this a reason why lana is currently letting her husband do propaganda for trump, just a little discreet at the moment would be so much classier from jeremy

7 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

Don't you find it surprising after a wedding day to be forced, unfortunately rightly so, to have these arguments?

No, due to the man she married, who symbolizes and represents 'the enemy' to many here. 

Had she married handsome, worldly, dapper Francesco Carrozzini, I don't think we'd be having this conversation, we'd be saying, "Will Lana move to Italy?"  

1 minute ago, JDaniel said:

is this a reason why lana is currently letting her husband do propaganda for trump, just a little discreet at the moment would be so much classier from jeremy

Jeremy is expressing himself the way he wants to. Just as you are here.

Does he look like a very "classy" individual? Would I expect him to be erudite, based on the little I—and we—know about him? NO.

He very likely believes in what he supports just as others vehemently believe in Kamala Harris and support her loudly.