Sitar

Member of the Week #11: Monicker

Not me instantly snatching 17 likes for all of Monicker's hard work :blanche3:

I loved reading all these responses, made my day, y'all are great. And that was a very glowing intro, Sitar, thanks. But what's the abuse of the sound-bite rule? I don't understand.

Well usually in, like, Entertainment Tonight and People Magazine interviews, they say aim for brevity. But it was merely a tease because we aren't a tabloid and it's wouldn't be a Maurice interview without essays :hooker:

I love "Lolita", but the arrangement/production on the album version makes it the worst track on Born to Die. Yes, Sitar, even worse than that saccharine auto-tuned whale shit.

Leaving only one bonus track to rise to the top :wipe:

damn, i'm in the middle of a really long translation, but when - in a tiny procrastination attack - i logged on to LB and saw that MONICKER was member of the week and actually answered the interview questions ( :shock: ), i had no choice but to stop everything - and it was worth it! what a fascinating read :legend:   it was so insightful and thought-provoking and entertaining! and there are just too many things i agree with. since i was a little kid, i was, like, isn't it enough to just BE? anyway, i can't get into details because "me lleva la chingada", as the mexicans say, but monicker, you rock the casbah! #bowdown 

p.s. i knew "shtetl" thanks to - you guessed it! - jeff buckley, because he played with john zorn and, through that collaboration i discovered him and well, it's an understatement to say that he is in a league of his own! i did not know the tammys, however, and i LOVED "egyptian zumba"! am d/ling their album right now on soulseek. gracias!!!  :gclap:

:O  :ohno:  :(  :defeated:  :wat:  :oprah2:  :oprah:  :wtf:  :whoopi:  :crying:  :crying2:  :airplease:  :suicide:

Excuse me while I create a Kickstarter project called "Monicker vasoepididymostomy fund".

Hell no. That procedure doesn't usually work anyway  :P Why all the faces of shock, horror, and disgust, evil? Stop! Just stop! Let me fucking do what i'm fucking doing! 

You had this done so you could slut around without consequence, didn't you? You SLUT!

Well, I guess I won't have to worry about any leaks from Monicker. :teehee:

Real clever, you two. So clever that sometimes i think you're the same person.

p.s. i knew "shtetl" thanks to - you guessed it! - jeff buckley, because he played with john zorn and, through that collaboration i discovered him and well, it's an understatement to say that he is in a league of his own! i did not know the tammys, however, and i LOVED "egyptian zumba"! am d/ling their album right now on soulseek. gracias!!!  :gclap:

I figured if there was anyone here who'd know Zorn it would be you  :) Let me know what you think of The Tammys. They didn't do anything near as crazy as Egyptian Shumba (who did?) but they've got some great stuff. I really like their song

. The blend of their voices is so sharp and distinct, sometimes it sounds like a train whistle. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

You had this done so you could slut around without consequence, didn't you? You SLUT!

Well, I guess I won't have to worry about any leaks from Monicker. :teehee:

Real clever, you two. So clever that sometimes i think you're the same person.

If only Ben Mawson were locked in a cage in Emile Haynie's basement too.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

Awesome interview. Loved it. 

Also, checked out some of the songs on your ipod shuffle question. Fuck yes to the Murmaids.

Also, FUCK YES to the Egyptian Shumba! I heard that song when I was 15 in this collection of gal group music I bought for way too much money that came in this replica of a 60s hat box and was HOOKED. It's actually a pretty good collection

I just couldn?t depart your site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be back often in order to check up on new posts

¿De qué diablos tu estas hablando?