TrailerParkDarling

Lana Del Rey and Jim Morrison

Elvis says "one for the money, two for the show" in his song Blue Suede Shoes, she definitely is inspired by/copies him.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Thank you for this really cool thread! :kiss:

I absolutely enjoyed reading it. I also love the parallels you found between Lana and Elvis (Priscilla and Marilyn as well). Sometimes she really appears like a patchwork with pieces of a lot of different people who seemed to fit her electric-dope-noir world.

Anyway something that flashed into my mind while reading this was so-called Club 27 (famous musicians that died at the age of 27). Jim Morrison as well died at the age of 27 during a kind of holiday.

“I'm living like Jim Morrison, heading towards a fucked up holiday”

So does it mean that Lana is heading towards death? Well, I’m really confused about her age but isn’t she 27? :hdu:

Just to clarify, I don't think that she wants to die. Let’s just hope that what I’m talking about won’t ever be a similarity between Lana and Jim. But maybe she wants to tell us that if she would have gone ahead like she lived in the past (maybe her addiction days) she would have lived like Morrison and died at the same age. But Idk…

I know that's not a real similarity, it's more an interpretation but I just wanted to say anything. ;)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Anyway something that flashed into my mind while reading this was so-called Club 27 (famous musicians that died at the age of 27). Jim Morrison as well died at the age of 27 during a kind of holiday.

So does it mean that Lana is heading towards death? Well, I’m really confused about her age but isn’t she 27? :hdu:

Just to clarify, I don't think that she wants to die. Let’s just hope that what I’m talking about won’t ever be a similarity between Lana and Jim. But maybe she wants to tell us that if she would have gone ahead like she lived in the past (maybe her addiction days) she would have lived like Morrison and died at the same age. But Idk…

I know that's not a real similarity, it's more an interpretation but I just wanted to say anything. ;)

I think you nailed it.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

A really interesting post and a great theory. :yesnod:

A little OT but I wonder what you guys think of Lana's use of other artist's lyrics - too much or just enough? Is it homage or copying? For example, in 'American' alone we have 'Play house, put my favorite record on' (reminiscent of 'Baby, Let's play house' by Elvis) and 'Honey, put on that party dress' (Oh my, my oh hell yes, honey put on that party dress- Tom Petty) 

If you go through Elvis' song titles, some of them are similar to Lana's

i.e. She's Not You/ She's Not Me 

The reference to the Pink Cadillac in 'Back to tha basics' = Elvis' Pink Cadillac/ Springsteen's song 'Pink Cadillac'

i kind of love it, ngl, though not so much her taking the lyrics.

I see what you mean but I think she is influenced by their lyrics and the images they conjure up. I think she samples really well, not copies, imo.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I even made a fake album called El Rancho Grande for lanas unreleased songs lol.

Sounded fitting, as do these:

AN AMERICAN TRILOGY

ANYPLACE IS PARADISE

PARADISE, HAWAIIAN STYLE

BLUE HAWAII

FLAMING STAR

:teehee:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I even made a fake album called El Rancho Grande for lanas unreleased songs lol.

Sounded fitting, as do these:

AN AMERICAN TRILOGY

ANYPLACE IS PARADISE

PARADISE, HAWAIIAN STYLE

BLUE HAWAII

FLAMING STAR

:teehee:

:shock: That should be a thread tbh. Lana might even steal borrow our ideas?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Oh, you do like to come around and really impress me every now and then. Really great topic. She loves those Hollywood tragedies but his is definitely one of the more severe ones. For instance, it's kind of more terrifying to think of her going the way of Jim Morrison than Marilyn Monroe because of the extent he took it to, but I think you could definitely say she has more in common with him than her.

Thank you for this really cool thread! :kiss:

I absolutely enjoyed reading it. I also love the parallels you found between Lana and Elvis (Priscilla and Marilyn as well). Sometimes she really appears like a patchwork with pieces of a lot of different people who seemed to fit her electric-dope-noir world.

I thought of that too. But then, she wrote: "Will you still love me"

Plus, she talked about getting old in one of her early interviews, how she hopes to stay young in spirit always, and keep an open mind.

So luckily no.