Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i personally think shorter song titles would look better/ i prefer them as oppose to the long song names

you can hate me i knoooow they’re iconic 

also NAWWAL would’ve been so much better as wanderlust / grandfather as three white butterflies 🦋 

Blue Banisters is a quality record.

Some people want to act superior and like the album is above their taste level of not "Lana's best" or whatever, but the gripes I've seen people hold about it are petty. It's her most direct, transparent, blunt record to date (before DYK).

The album quite literally spells out Lana's heartache. It tells a full story, maybe parts of that are distorted, but nonetheless, you feel Lana's pain, agony and remorse.

She can't make a bad album!

I feel similarly about Chemtrails. Clearly, Lana is over LA but more than that, she's over the game (that's dark) and just wants to be loved (like a woman). But seriously, reflecting on life before fame, her spirituality, her sins, her detachment from her ego/persona/celebrity. It's such a rich album. 

She's a genius.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:56 PM, taco truck said:

i agree with you but also i think lmlylaw final should not exist at all :aubrey: 

I know we all love Pink Champagne - but I can't disregard the final. I think the fact that she reworked it to be a more lighthearted and somewhat romantic song versus this brooding and agonizing song speaks to her personal growth and change as a person and an artist.

And it's so amazing to witness.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, Embach said:

Pink Champagne does not suit COTCC at all, Let Me Love You suits COTCC perfectly. PC is Ultraviolence all over, it wouldn't have suited the folksy soundscape of COTCC

Although while I love PC more, I still love the warmth of LMLYLAW.

I consider PC and LMLYLAW two different songs because the difference is like 180 degrees.

And people like to blame Jack for the change while I totally feel it was Lana behind the change because well...it was so Lana, the way she promoted that song as putting it as the lead single with a performance at Jimmy Fallon's show.

People blaming Jack for Lana's style nowadays is totally misguided anger. This was always the direction Lana was heading - more folky and stripped back I mean hell, leaks from 15 years ago are in the vein of this. "Pop" or BTD was always a detour or means to an end.

I prefer LMLYLAW to Pink Champagne :trisha4: honestly some lines in that song are so jarring, and I really don't like the bridge 

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

I know we all love Pink Champagne - but I can't disregard the final. I think the fact that she reworked it to be a more lighthearted and somewhat romantic song versus this brooding and agonizing song speaks to her personal growth and change as a person and an artist.

And it's so amazing to witness.

People blaming Jack for Lana's style nowadays is totally misguided anger. This was always the direction Lana was heading - more folky and stripped back I mean hell, leaks from 15 years ago are in the vein of this. "Pop" or BTD was always a detour or means to an end.

Spill. But tbh, I wish Lana would do another chemtrails but make it umphed up in drums and production.

Edited by DemonMic2003

About Instagram: @honeymoon > @lanadelrey

I do know that the posts are quite the same but the feeling in @honeymoon is different, kinda more personal? Like a blog or a little secret cave, well it's really not a secret anymore since it's public now but still, I loved the Honeymoon era posts there as well!

2.gif

I love it when Lana closes an album with a cover that fits the concept of the album... I feel like they are actually an outro after the closing song.

Final Song  → Outro

Old Money → The Other Woman

Swan Song → Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Dance Till We Die → For Free

On 7/25/2024 at 11:01 PM, Eugene said:

I love it when Lana closes an album with a cover that fits the concept of the album... I feel like they are actually an outro after the closing song.

Final Song  → Outro

Old Money → The Other Woman

Swan Song → Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Dance Till We Die → For Free

I couldn’t agree more :true: She does a wonderful job at selecting songs that tie the album together as a whole. It’s also like a peek into her psyche hearing her perform songs that are obviously very meaningful to her.

The last unicorn GIF on GIFER - by Thothis

Adine Kirnberg Regular

11 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

Lana sometimes should put the demo version on the album instead of final.

Y&B is overrated 

(I also miss deluxe versions)

Love, Lust for life, radio, Dark Paradise,Lolita, Lucky ones, national anthem, summertime sadness, tiwmug, diet mountain dew and BAR are all perfect examples of this

10 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

Love, Lust for life, radio, Dark Paradise,Lolita, Lucky ones, national anthem, summertime sadness, tiwmug, diet mountain dew and BAR are all perfect examples of this

I will never get over the Lust For Life demo not being the final version :defeated:

The last unicorn GIF on GIFER - by Thothis

Adine Kirnberg Regular

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

Same shampoo, same. I wish Lana would've at least released a deluxe for Honeymoon (even if it just added Come With Me) and Chemtrails (because it's a shorter album, & 2 songs are features.)

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

I will never get over the Lust For Life demo not being the final version :defeated:

Same, but its the solo bladerunner demo for me.

Edited by DemonMic2003

37 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

Lana sometimes should put the demo version on the album instead of final.

Y&B is overrated 

She should do deluxe versions as like separate EP/sections of the album like she did with Paradise

Ultraviolence: The Melancholia Edition:oprah9:

Honeymoon: The Pink Flamingo Edition:oprah9:

Lust For Life: The Next Best American Record Edition :oprah9:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: The Burnt World Edition:oprah9:

Ocean Blvd: The Psycho Lifeguard Edition:oprah9:

24 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

She should do deluxe versions as like separate EP/sections of the album like she did with Paradise

Ultraviolence: The Melancholia Edition:oprah9:

Honeymoon: The Pink Flamingo Edition:oprah9:

Lust For Life: The Next Best American Record Edition :oprah9:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: The Burnt World Edition:oprah9:

Ocean Blvd: The Psycho Lifeguard Edition:oprah9:

That’s a good idea