Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The Jon Batiste Interlude really pisses me off

I feel like that could've been a really beautiful, Tori Amos-esque track by the two of them and instead it's just a messy circlejerk "feature"

That bit where she sings "honey" (?) @ 2:20 or so is so beautiful and it's just fucking wasted

Idk what they're talking about and tbh I don't really care

I would've just much preferred a fully formed song than just a recording of them fucking around in the studio

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm happy that there will never be a video for A&W, because it's such a vivid song (both musically and lyrically), any actual visuals for it would trivialise it.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 5/25/2024 at 10:19 AM, Embach said:

I didn't like the SNL skit of Lana at all to be honest. I know that it supposed to defend her but I don't like the mannerisms Kirsten did of her (nothing against Kirsten herself tho), felt kind of a disrespectful stereotypical parody. Made Lana lookย dumb. Also I'm saying that asย someone who likes dark humor

Oh it was disrespectful. I know itโ€™s a comedy (barely :runs:) skitย show, but they were very critical toย someone who had just released their first album and debut TV performance. It was more than them just poking fun at her, imo it came off pretty misogynistic. Iย recently showed my mom the skit they did of Lana because she watches SNL sometimes, and she was surprised how mean they were to her. I doubt they would be as rude to an artist in her situation at the time today. If SNL did, theyโ€™d 100% get a ton of shit for it.ย 

giphy.webp

โ™ก๏ธŽ โบ.โŠน ห– ย ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐“๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ท๐“๐“Š๐‘’ย โ‚Šหš. โ™ก๏ธŽ

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like that could've been a really beautiful, Tori Amos-esque track by the two of them and instead it's just a messy circlejerk "feature"

That bit where she sings "honey" (?) @ 2:20 or so is so beautiful and it's just fucking wasted

I would've just much preferred a fully formed song than just a recording of them fucking around in the studio

the opposite for me, I really like how the good chemistry between them has been captured forever, it's a unique moment and it lightens up the album a bit

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

the opposite for me, I really like how the good chemistry between them has been captured forever, it's a unique moment and it lightens up the album a bit

Yeah but they could've captured that in an IG story and we could've had another actual song

I respect your onion, though :oic3:

1 hour ago, longtimeman said:

I'm happy that there will never be a video for A&W, because it's such a vivid song (both musically and lyrically), any actual visuals for it would trivialise it.

Especially because, knowing her, it would've been smthn like a 3 minute clip of her driving her truck whilst vaping and stopping at In-N-Out Burger at 2:33

4 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Hmmm actually i donโ€™t agree.ย 

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Honestly, Iโ€™m effing tired.

Please stop expecting a new setlist for every. single. show! Itโ€™s not realistic and Iโ€™m frankly tired of people in this fandom getting disappointed that she sings the โ€œsame songsโ€ on her tours. Literally no other artist goes on tour and changes the setlist every night. Maybe one or maximum a handful,ย maybe, but itโ€™s not common at all. And if they do, they have bigger shows than Lana, shows that last more than her 60-75 minute slots at festivals.

Also, please stop getting disappointed at Lana for re-wearing a dress. Especially these Coachella-made dresses, they probably cost a lot to create, and they look stunning on her. Let her wear whatever she wants.ย As long as weโ€™re not back to leggings a la 2017.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

56 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Also, please stop getting disappointed on Lana for re-wearing a dress. Especially these Coachella-made dresses, they probably cost a lot to create, and they look stunning on her.

the thing i love the most about her having like an iconic signature look at the moment is the idea of a barbie in the future. like the stevie nicks barbie!ย 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Literally no other artist goes on tour and changes the setlist every night. Maybe one or maximum a handful,ย maybe, but itโ€™s not common at all.

this part...like yes that's how a tour works actuallyย :oopna2:ย the only major artist i can think of that plays different songs every night is taylor and even then it's only 2. anyone else who switches the setlist usually has a rotation of like 3 songs they switch through and i think you could even argue lana does that as well, they're just not songs people are happy with lol. i don't think it's shocking that a show created with festivals in mind primarily contains her most well-known songs (and bartender).ย 

โ™กย i'm a princess, i'm divisiveย โ™ก

1 hour ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Honestly, Iโ€™m effing tired.

Please stop expecting a new setlist for every. single. show! Itโ€™s not realistic and Iโ€™m frankly tired of people in this fandom getting disappointed that she sings the โ€œsame songsโ€ on her tours. Literally no other artist goes on tour and changes the setlist every night. Maybe one or maximum a handful,ย maybe, but itโ€™s not common at all. And if they do, they have bigger shows than Lana, shows that last more than her 60-75 minute slots at festivals.

Also, please stop getting disappointed on Lana for re-wearing a dress. Especially these Coachella-made dresses, they probably cost a lot to create, and they look stunning on her. Let her wear whatever she wants.ย As long as weโ€™re not back to leggings a la 2017.

This is what Iโ€™m sayingย :air:ย People hold her to such high standards, some people in this fandom willย never be happy. When artists tour for a new album itโ€™s usually the same performance at each show with maybe some small changes.ย 
ย 

also the dress thing- Iโ€™m sure some people would also get mad if she had a new dress each time because (not to get off topic but) fashion is so excessivelyย consumed in our world today. Those dressesย are expensive and look amazing on her so why not make use of them instead of wearing them once.ย I think the whole outfit repeating made up rule is dumb.ย 

giphy.webp

โ™ก๏ธŽ โบ.โŠน ห– ย ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐“๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ท๐“๐“Š๐‘’ย โ‚Šหš. โ™ก๏ธŽ

To be fair I think people (speaking for myself but know Iโ€™m not the only one) just really love so many songs sheโ€™s never or rarely played live- our desire for a diff setlist comes from a place of love of the music, or at least does for me!ย 

aOaIzH2.gif

5 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

To be fair I think people (speaking for myself but know Iโ€™m not the only one) just really love so many songs sheโ€™s never or rarely played live- our desire for a diff setlist comes from a place of love of the music, or at least does for me!ย 

I totally get this! Herย setlist isnโ€™t what my dream setlist is either.ย ย I do think she should switch things up more withย each tourย because it has been similar for a while now. I just think expecting a new setย each show on the same tour isnโ€™t really realistic unfortunatelyย 

giphy.webp

I still consider Let Me Love You as COTCC album's lead single. I have never understood why people have never considered it as a lead single? I mean, it was released on every streaming platform, got a radio release, a music video and even a Jimmy Fallonย live peformance lol (and she performed that in the Ally Christmas specialย show as well or something).ย 

url%5D

I donโ€™t think Lana is asย confessionalistic as she thinks she is and I think itโ€™s part of why she has such a long career. Sheโ€™s been able to air things out over a long period of time but not fully airing them out right off the bat

'Change the setlist' has become the new 'Come to Brazil'. By which I mean, it doesn't matter how much you care about it, if you say it at every opportunity it starts to get boring as hell.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png