Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

That’s a good idea

I actually made a concept tracklist for a Blue Banisters deluxe called Blue Banisters: The Rock Candy Edition…  

1. Valley Of The Dolls

2. Loved You Then And Now

3. Watercolor Eyes (Euphoria Version / would not be released specifically for euphoria in this timeline) 

4. All About Ethel (I included it because at the time it was thought to be a Blue Banisters Outtake)

5. Fine China (RN Version)

6. Wild One (W/O those wahawahawah sounds throughout the song, a new vocal take and new more thunder demo esque drum)

Edited by DemonMic2003

On 7/28/2024 at 5:02 AM, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

Love, Lust for life, radio, Dark Paradise,Lolita, Lucky ones, national anthem, summertime sadness, tiwmug, diet mountain dew and BAR are all perfect examples of this

Love demo overrated imo, idk what's so special about it

2.gif

23 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Why is everyone hating on Jack so much?. To an extent I get it but you guys have to remember that this is Lana's choice to continuously work with him and not say Rick Nowels.

Exactly. He’s not even a bad producer at  all - in fact, he’s extremely talented. I understand he’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but people seem to completely attribute Lana doing more “boring” music in her last few records to Jack, which is completely unfair. If Lana wants to do folk ballads, she’s going to do them, regardless of whether she’s working with Jack or not. Let’s not forget he produced Ocean Blvd & NFR, her two most critically acclaimed records (and my two personal favorites of hers - absolute masterpieces). Chemtrails and BB weren’t anything crazy, but they were what Lana WANTED. Some people need to stop acting like Jack is completely running the show and realize that Lana’s the one who sets the vision for her art - and obviously Jack does a pretty good job at capturing her vision because she keeps working with him! 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

On 28/07/2024 at 04:13, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Je ne m'en remettrai jamais de la démo de Lust For Life qui n'est pas la version finale :vaincu:

COMMENT FAIRE D'UN CHEF D'OEUVRE UNE BANALITE

I don’t think I would ever spend money to see Lana live again.

I saw her once in 2018 for the LA To The Moon tour, and she was AMAZING. Vocals were on point, no background dancers, amazing set, and the audience actually had manners. But for the past years, Lana doesn’t seem to really be trying on stage anymore - she just goes through the motions. On top of her lackluster performances, there’s SO much going on on-stage that you can barely focus on the little that Lana IS doing. Additionally, I feel like concert etiquette has declined so much in the past few years. The crowd is screaming so loud that you can’t even hear Lana. I want to go to a Lana show to hear her beautiful voice, not a bunch of screeching fans. :uh: Honestly, I would pay a lot to see Lana give a half-assed performance as long as I could actually hear her and she was the main focus on stage.

No hate towards Lana at all - we all know she’s talented and what she’s capable of. I understand being nervous on stage / being tired — she’s only human, but it’s simply not worth it to me to buy tickets to see her anymore (especially with how expensive they are now due to her high demand). 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

Honeymoon album should've been a visual movie. I loved the videos it had of course but the potential for a full visual movie was wasted. :sadcore2:

2.gif

19 hours ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

I don’t think I would ever spend money to see Lana live again.

I saw her once in 2018 for the LA To The Moon tour, and she was AMAZING. Vocals were on point, no background dancers, amazing set, and the audience actually had manners. But for the past years, Lana doesn’t seem to really be trying on stage anymore - she just goes through the motions. On top of her lackluster performances, there’s SO much going on on-stage that you can barely focus on the little that Lana IS doing. Additionally, I feel like concert etiquette has declined so much in the past few years. The crowd is screaming so loud that you can’t even hear Lana. I want to go to a Lana show to hear her beautiful voice, not a bunch of screeching fans. :uh: Honestly, I would pay a lot to see Lana give a half-assed performance as long as I could actually hear her and she was the main focus on stage.

No hate towards Lana at all - we all know she’s talented and what she’s capable of. I understand being nervous on stage / being tired — she’s only human, but it’s simply not worth it to me to buy tickets to see her anymore (especially with how expensive they are now due to her high demand). 

:true:

On 7/27/2024 at 9:02 PM, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

Love, Lust for life, radio, Dark Paradise,Lolita, Lucky ones, national anthem, summertime sadness, tiwmug, diet mountain dew and BAR are all perfect examples of this

tbh national anthem demos are kinda bad

On 9/3/2024 at 4:40 AM, HoneyDolls said:

tbh national anthem demos are kinda bad

:whoopi:

well, you certainly wrote that in the correct thread.:true:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

i agree with whoever said ocean blvd is overrated ngl... there are some songs i really love but as an album it doesn't work for me, and i don't understand how it's regarded as one of her best records:bebe:

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, laurita said:

Survivor says otherwise :hooker:

i'm a certified honeymoon's scientist :wipe: and my statistics showed that Honeymoon was the longest leader in that thread for 12 pages (page 7 to page 19) :wipe:

2.gif