Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I'll pray for you yasssitsgangastaboy - you and that disgusting mouth of yours. God bless. :pray2:

This is the first time someone uses that line with me! So thrilling :hillary:

I like pretty much every song on UV, but I just can't get into Flipside...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

• i'm really worried that somehow, lana's smoking will eventually have a negative effect on her voice, beauty, or health.
  • i wish lana and lorde were at least somewhat friendly.
  • i have a sex/masturbation playlist, and lana has 8/21 songs on it :thirst:

Um how exactly is Lana unfriendly? :bye3:

14417469274.gif

Guest Dot

I can't get into Shades of Cool but I can see why people think it's a good song. It just doesn't appeal to me.

The only forgettable UV-standard song is Sad Girl. Lana knows it, I know it and the rest of you, especially the ones that hate Flipside will deal. I think it would've been a good bonus track though. :agree:

I just commented on the Unpopular Lana Opinions thread and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now

I HATEE FLIPSIDE I HATEEEE IT :scream:

Please elaborate. If you hate it so much I'm interested in knowing what makes you hate it so much.

Please elaborate. If you hate it so much I'm interested in knowing what makes you hate it so much.

:pls:

I was joking, kind of. I don't really hate it that much but I heard it twice and I simply don't like the guitar riff or the melody, in fact I don't like anything about it at all. Like you said about SOC, it doesn't appeal to me.

And to clarify, I'm not saying it's bad, I simply don't like it.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Um how exactly is Lana unfriendly? :bye3:

i'm not saying she's unfriendly. they've never gotten into a fight or anything like that, and lana's never shaded lorde (except for possibly FMWUTTT). i'm just saying i wish they'd talk and be friends and stuff like that.

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

i'm not saying she's unfriendly. they've never gotten into a fight or anything like that, and lana's never shaded lorde (except for possibly FMWUTTT). i'm just saying i wish they'd talk and be friends and stuff like that.

Oh, I thought you meant Lana isn't nice to fans.

14417469274.gif

Guest Dot

:pls:

I was joking, kind of. I don't really hate it that much but I heard it twice and I simply don't like the guitar riff or the melody, in fact I don't like anything about it at all. Like you said about SOC, it doesn't appeal to me.

And to clarify, I'm not saying it's bad, I simply don't like it.

:isee: Ah, I see...that's good.

Despite their objective quaIity,I personally find Cruel World and Shades of Cool the least interesting songs on standard-edition Ultraviolence. They just don't grab me.

i am nothing and should be everything

I think Lana should go back to BTD pop. Thats where she shines the most. She has a catching unique style among her peers, her production slays and she is very relatable to today´s generation of teens. I dont think that the alternative world where she seems to be aiming more and more is good for her. I mean I love american songster tradition, but she lacks so much to really shine there. She often cites Cat Power as her biggest inspiration but she is just so incomparable to her.  She lacks so much vocally, in performances and mainly lyrically to become true indie artist. She will rather fade into oblivion. Cat Power wrote You Are Free in her 30-31 age (2003). And honestly I cant listen to Lana after this album and her music generally, because it shows how much Lana is shallow musician.  Its even more obvious with Ultraviolence album. In pop music where is not required that much depth, rather emphasis on great style and to be sonically pleasing (Lana is one of the best artist sonically for me I have ever heard) she can become true legend.

I think Lana should go back to BTD pop. Thats where she shines the most. She has a catching unique style among her peers, her production slays and she is very relatable to today´s generation of teens. I dont think that the alternative world where she seems to be aiming more and more is good for her. I mean I love american songster tradition, but she lacks so much to really shine there. She often cites Cat Power as her biggest inspiration but she is incomparable to her.  She lacks so much vocally, in performances and mainly lyrically to become true indie artist. She will rather fade into oblivion. Cat Power wrote You Are Free in her 30-31 age. And honestly I cant listen to Lana after this music, because it shows how much Lana is shallow musician. In pop music where is not required that much depth, rather great style and to be sonically pleasing (Lana is one of the best artist sonically for me I have ever heard) she can become true legend.

I understand this is the "unpopular opinion" thread but just no. Lana herself doesn't really like the overproduction in BTD and why do her songs haveto berealtable to teens? It already isn't tbh, I mean, how many teens dream to have daddies, etc? And saying Lana is a shallow musician is bullshit. I just read You Are Free lyrics and there's nothing special about it. Lana can be repetitive on her themes, but she is not shallow. 

EotAQlJ.jpg

I understand this is the "unpopular opinion" thread but just no. Lana herself doesn't really like the overproduction in BTD and why do her songs haveto berealtable to teens? It already isn't tbh, I mean, how many teens dream to have daddies, etc? And saying Lana is a shallow musician is bullshit. I just read You Are Free lyrics and there's nothing special about it. Lana can be repetitive on her themes, but she is not shallow.  

You Are Free is an album, not a song. I dont think you read its lyrics in such a short time. I didnt say Lana liked BTD production, I said she rather chose to be aiming to alternative route. Which is contradiction to your comment. Lana is not a shallow musician ? Strip her music of any production and tell me which of her album lyrically slays. Because AKA, BTD and primarily Ultraviolence are not lyrically great albums. I mean BTD was great but in area of pop music. She is my #1 mainstream artist, out of non-mainstream ones maybe in Top 100.

And daddies, drugs, dealers, death are very hot topic for teen girls.

I really wanted her to evolve into great deep artist, especially after AKA where I saw some indication, but after 2 +1 more albums she convinced me maybe its not in her.

You Are Free is an album, not a song. I dont think you read its lyrics in such a short time. I didnt say Lana liked BTD production, I said she rather chose to be aiming to alternative route. Which is contradiction to your comment. Lana is not a shallow musician ? Strip her music of any production and tell me which of her album lyrically slays. Because AKA, BTD and primarily Ultraviolence are not lyrically great albums. I mean BTD was great but in area of pop music. She is my #1 mainstream artist, out of non-mainstream ones maybe in Top 100.

I really wanted her to evolve into great deep artist, especially after AKA where I saw some indication, but after 2 +1 more albums she convinced me maybe its not in her.

:eek: :wtf: :die: wait you are joking right?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

:eek: :wtf: :die: wait you are joking right? 

Why do you misquote me again. :derpna: I said she is great lyricist on mainstream platform. But honestly outside of it, she lacks. She turned even her most "personal" songs likes Ultraviolence, Y&B and others into shallow exhibition of clichés.

Someone said You Are Free lyrics are not that special, let me differ. Just the first song of the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcl_TefEak

Why do you misquote me again. :derpna: I said she is great lyricist on mainstream platform. But honestly outside of it, she lacks. She turned even her most "personal" songs likes Ultraviolence, Y&B and others into shallow exhibition of clichés.

Someone said You Are Free lyrics are not that special, let me differ. Just the first song of the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcl_TefEak

Someone said that aka, BTD and UV lyrics aren't great:

Pawn Shop Blues, Raise Me Up, Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, Off To The Races, Video Games, Carmen, Old Money, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Someone said that aka, BTD and UV lyrics aren't great:

Pawn Shop Blues, Raise Me Up, Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, Off To The Races, Video Games, Carmen, Old Money, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness?

1) I said I saw some indication in AKA and songs like Pawn Shop Blues are the example. Raise Me Up and Oh Can You See are not that good at all.

2) Dont fight me over BTD songs. I said she can write good pop songs. But if she wants to aim outside of mainstream music, she should get much deeper, personal in her songs.

Off To The Races and Carmen are good written pop song. Even though she borrowed some lyrics and probably had co-writer. 

Video Games lacks in verses. The greatness is more about the sonic part of the song (production and vocals).

3) Well you mention just one song on standard UV edition which is very little to brag about.

Old Money lyrics are just a couple of images  not so well connected together with the repetetive chorus.

Is This Happiness is that kind of song I would like to hear from her more. She was clearly imminently inspired to write this song. And it shows so much.

I just noticed I read the lyrics for Free. Idk anything about her so~. But I did read the lyrics for the song u posted and still nothing that extraordinary.

And Lana's May Jailer songs are really good too (simple lyrics but still special)

EotAQlJ.jpg

1) I said I saw some indication in AKA and songs like Pawn Shop Blues are the example. Raise Me Up and Oh Can You See are not that good at all.

2) Dont fight me over BTD songs. I said she can write good pop songs. But if she wants to aim outside of mainstream music, she should get much deeper, personal in her songs.

Off To The Races and Carmen are good written pop song. Even though she borrowed some lyrics and probably had co-writer. 

Video Games lacks in verses. The greatness is more about the sonic part of the song (production and vocals).

3) Well you mention just one song on standard UV edition which is very little to brag about.

Old Money lyrics are just a couple of images  not so well connected together with the repetetive chorus.

Is This Happiness is that kind of song I would like to hear from her more. She was clearly imminently inspired to write this song. And it shows so much.

I don't think she had co-writers on the lyrics. But I don't think that the lyrics for the cat power song you posted are that good.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I just noticed I read the lyrics for Free. Idk anything about her so~. But I did read the lyrics for the song u posted and still nothing that extraordinary.

And Lana's May Jailer songs are really good too (simple lyrics but still special)

Its not about the difficulty of the lyrics. Its about the personal attachment to the deeply felt song. Lana´s voice hides a lot of inqualities of her music but when I read the lyrics themselves they are so clichéd, so general, so repetetive, with choosing basic words just to complete rhymes. In this world of parties, red dresses, chewy malibus I miss the true essence of her personality, of her real life. It feels like made-up persona just to make songs sound more exciting. And it doesnt mean you have to experience some kind of amazing, rich life. The true lyricists can write great songs even about the littlest shit that happened to them.

The song I posted applies to Lana´s life so much as well. "That feeling of not being understood, but supposedly being understood by everyone ... being inside of a spectacle, it's like being a prisoner of war. I don't know if that makes sense. It would be like being in an insane asylum, where you are who you are, and the only person you've ever been is yourself, but then they want you to be someone else."   Why doesnt Lana write about her insecurities, about the stress she feels in every performance, the lack of privacy... Gosh she could make so many great songs about her life. She hasnt just decided to be truly introspective of her life yet.