Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I actually really dislike black beauty. i liked it for a week and then i got so bored of it . I hope the new version has some type of "fire" like WC but probably not. 

Also I dont get why AFFA is so popular. I don't think it's that special. 

I kinda get what you mean. I was so obsessed with Black Beauty for a few months, that I just ended up getting tired of it. Now I can't seem to find what's so good about it anymore, seems so bland... which is why I'm most excited for the new version.

But don't you even try to come for AFFA, my spiritual anthem

ibjBG1YHNmMIaj.gif

I kinda have faith in Ultraviolence as Shades of Cool shows that a 6 minutes song is not boring or repetitive at all. Other bands have good 6+ minutes song too but it still sounds like it could be shortened, unlike SoC

I think ultraviolence (song) is really repetitive , but i like it, and I think brooklyn baby will be too

Tropico is underrated, probably due to having no promotion on the record label side (apart from uploading the movie on Vevo, duh). Look at how Lana trying so hard to promoting herself using social networks.

3 music videos - chances for promoting Paradise right there!

30 minutes of hard-working, artistic and beautiful visuals and end up being the lowest view video of Lana ever!

Even 10-minutes 'Ride' Youtube video has >10 times more view than Tropico :(

Brooklyn Baby sounds good. It's nice to see her use higher notes on this record.

Ultraviolence (song) sounds weak and repetitive, I hope the studio version changes my opinion  :facepalm:

I wish she wouldn't sing Off To The Races live. It's just way too fast and the pitch changes too much for Lana to catch up with it.

And I really don't like how her voice drops a few octaves when she sings Body Electric live. She sings 'Grand old' completely fine, but then her pitch drops significantly on 'oprey'. It doesn't sound natural; I think she should just sing in her natural voice. She does something similar on Million Dollar Man live, except she raises her voice too high IMO.

Compare the following performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xID1fr8nRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bnp1IgA8II

She's clearly capable of singing well live in the second one, imho she just tries too hard to mimic the album versions when she sings live. In the live version of Trash Magic, she sings how her voice allows her to and it is captivatingly beautiful.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i am yet to find a live performance of blue jeans which is good

she always starts off really low pitch (and it sounds awful) and then she goes wild on the chorus and 

yeah

its always awful sung live 

I'm still not completely sure what to expect from Ultraviolence. The songs off it that we've already heard are pretty cool but somehow...idk. None of them captivate me as much as most of her BTD songs. When I listened to some of the BTD tracks (when they still were "fresh" and I hadn't heard them to death) I was like in trance or sth, I wasn't able to do anything else than listening to the music because it required my whole perception. But when I listen to West Coast or SoC they seems like some kind of a background music and I almost get bored when I'm not doing anything else at the same time. I mean I enjoy listening to those songs but I kinda miss something I can't describe. Maybe it's the dramatic production with the orchestra and those "say/stay", "ooh" , cettle/cat whatever sounds that nobody seems to like (I actually do love them!) but otherwise some of her acoustic songs with just her voice and a guitar can fascinate me as much as the abovementioned BTD songs so Idk.

Well, I'm just really excited to hear the whole album, hopefully there will be songs on it that give me that feel again.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

i am yet to find a live performance of blue jeans which is good

she always starts off really low pitch (and it sounds awful) and then she goes wild on the chorus and

yeah

its always awful sung live

What???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJs1jhKhq4

???!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_W5EGMHdBE

???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5lB5khivbWs

???

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I don't like so much Without You, Radio and Black Beauty

I also don't like the part of the 'Down on the West Coast' of West Coast, I just like the chorus.

And I love so much the snippet of Brooklyn Baby, but I am afraid that the music might not be so good as the snippet  :$

I don't like so much Without You, Radio and Black Beauty

I also don't like the part of the 'Down on the West Coast' of West Coast, I just like the chorus.

And I love so much the snippet of Brooklyn Baby, but I am afraid that the music might not be so good as the snippet  :$

Same, the verses are so off to me. I don't care for it but I love the chorus.

I feel like all the three songs I've heard are about the same thing and it's really boring to me. I'm aware a lot of BTD was about love too, but it was lyrically deeper and I was a newer fan back then anyway, if she never had AKA/the unreleased tracks I would've gotten over it with btd alone. I want to hear more songs in the same vein as Ride, Carmen, Disco, Jump, Bad Disease etc - she really has the capability to explore such deep subjects, I'd hate if she was forever stuck on 'I really love that guy man, I really do' . I guess it just got to me because all I heard on Ultraviolence so far was this, it's not like I mind her love songs or anything - a lot of my favorites are technically love songs but also more lyrically complex. I'm sure she'll have all types of songs on UV tho

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I feel like all the three songs I've heard are about the same thing and it's really boring to me. I'm aware a lot of BTD was about love too, but it was lyrically deeper and I was a newer fan back then anyway, if she never had AKA/the unreleased tracks I would've gotten over it with btd alone. I want to hear more songs in the same vein as Ride, Carmen, Disco, Jump, Bad Disease etc - she really has the capability to explore such deep subjects, I'd hate if she was forever stuck on 'I really love that guy man, I really do' . I guess it just got to me because all I heard on Ultraviolence so far was this, it's not like I mind her love songs or anything - a lot of my favorites are technically love songs but also more lyrically complex. I'm sure she'll have all types of songs on UV tho

I agree! But I think that UV and WC are actually very lyrically complex... SOC is not...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

This is not really lana-related per se but I don't like Dan's production. I mean I LOVE the songs so far but his production seems to be lacking a little something. Lana does a great job in terms of performing the tracks in-studio and writing them and all of that, but I sometimes find Dan's production a little lacking... I can't put my finger on exactly what I find so off about it... 

My god I miss Emile Haynie. 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

This is the first time I've posted here... So I have a lot saved up!

I've never really been into Video Games. Practically the only time I listen to it is when I'm listening to the album straight through. And it is Not the song that got me into Lana.

I don't really care for Paradise. It is definitely my least favorite album. I actually don't even count it as an 'album'.

I LOVE the sonic direction of Ultraviolence. I've never been into pop, the only exception of that was Lana. I like more psychedelic music, so it's like a dream come true.

I really adore the West Coast music video, I don't understand why so many people don't. (And I'm excited to see what she has in store for Shades of Cool!)

I don't get why so many people are obsessed with AFFA. It doesn't bother me that it wasn't on UV. And Old Money is in the lower half of my ranking of UV songs.

I also feel like I'm not as thirsty for Roses as most people. I'd honestly rather get Be My Daddy, OTTR Demo, Afraid V2 or something like that.

I think that's all!

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.