Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I really dislike that she chose the name Ultraviolence for the second album (though I really do love the album). Its seen as a reference to A Clockwork Orange but the album (or song itself) really doesn't feel like the movie at all and it would be a stretch to say that the ideas in the novel/movie are relevant in the album/song. To me, it makes the reference meaningless and just a cheap shot at making her look more cultured/deep than she is. For an example of this done correctly, look at OTTR. So much (correct and relevant) Lolita reference.

I don't really think Lana was aiming for her songs to feel like the movie version of A Clockwork Orange. 

Tbh I was so excited when I heard that Lana would call her new album Ultraviolence because I ADORE A Clockwork Orange (if it's possible to adore a movie like that but you get the point) and it would be my fave singer + my fave movie = BEST FUCKING ALBUM. I was already seeing Lana go full droogie on the cover and in the songs.

Then I've listened to West Coast, saw the cover art and GOD, was I disappointed. I love the album, it's not that it makes it worse - but I was hoping for more Clockwork Orange references than only the title.

(Don't know if 'unpopular opinion' or only 'no one gives a fuck about that except me'.)

i didn't see anything wrong with her snl performance

Really? I mean, I didn't too... but that was before I heard how Video Games sound as a studio version. The SNL live version sounds just awful. She really couldn't control her voice... it's so flat!

i am nothing and should be everything

1. Every time she says metaphysics I'm more and more confused with what she thinks it means.

2. I really love the whole album from beginning to end (I could take or leave Sad Girl/Pretty When I Cry/Is This Happiness but they work) except Fucked My Way To The Top or w/e I don't even have it on my computer because it's so inane. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I really dislike that she chose the name Ultraviolence for the second album (though I really do love the album). Its seen as a reference to A Clockwork Orange but the album (or song itself) really doesn't feel like the movie at all and it would be a stretch to say that the ideas in the novel/movie are relevant in the album/song. To me, it makes the reference meaningless and just a cheap shot at making her look more cultured/deep than she is. For an example of this done correctly, look at OTTR. So much (correct and relevant) Lolita reference.

she said the name didnt have anything to do with the novel

There are so many...

But for now I'll just add that I see nothing wrong with the studio version of Body Electric or the Paradise version of Yayo.

I’m gonna take them for all that they got.

The BTD version of 'Lolita' makes me feel like I'm going insane. I don't even know if I like it or not, but every time I hear it, it completely changes how I'm feeling, in a sniffing glue sort of way.

I like the demo of Dark Paradise more than the album version, but think the verses should be in a different song than the chorus.

I would have been just as happy if Emil only used the Rick James sample on one song, instead of on every song.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png