Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Born to Die (album) is supremely overrated. I really don't understand the hype for the tracks, they're all kinds generic. National Anthem, OTTR, Blue Jeans, Lolita and MDM are good, but the other songs aren't, imo, as defining and unique as I see most people make then out to be. Ultraviolence is far better sonically and lyrically.

Also, all the praise for the Blue Jeans video(s)? The original and new one are so clichéd and boring.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

How can someone say the original BJ video is cliché when it looked like nothing that had come out before (except for Video Games but it's from the Same artist so..)

Not judging of course but.. Interesting opinion

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

How can someone say the original BJ video is cliché when it looked like nothing that had come out before (except for Video Games but it's from the Same artist so..)

Not judging of course but.. Interesting opinion

we are talking about the one where she's against a wall singing, right?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I kinda don't think BTD deserves a much higher Metacritic Score than 61... I think it has too many filler tracks. I also think Blue Jeans is extremely overrated and Dark Paradise is her worst song ever!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Lana's "Alabama Year" was probably more like a week-long Deliverance-themed road trip. I assume that many of her tropes are based on brief experiences/ideas that impacted her and shaped her sense of self, but chronologically, weren't that significant. (The cult thing, the '7 year?!' relationship with the music mogul, the scary 'meth era'.) And I think she spins different versions of the same story, or new stories altogether, that complement whatever aesthetic/preoccupation she currently has going on. Let's say she gets further inspired by Sixties' left-leaning music and drug culture, but this time with a British or German angle. I'm sure she'll suddenly have stories about how the Canterbury scene influenced her, or how she spent a previously unmentioned mystery year in Berlin (Bowie style) and while she was there discovered Krautrock and German philosophy. (Because it's Lana, it can't just be that she looked it up online, she has to have been there.)  :quote:

LDR is the ultimate adapted screenplay experience.

And I don't mind that at all. Facts aren't relevant to most art.

LDR is a really good album but I see why she wouldn't want to re-release it at this point in her career, and also why she didn't re-release it after BTD/the initial backlash. Considering how easy it is to get ahold of if you really want to, I'm not crying about it either.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Body Electric feels like Trash Magic Part 2 to me and I love that. The song is super good, both the live and released versions.

I prefer Lana's natural, stripped-back look from the UV era to the beauty queen look of BtD.

I enjoyed Tropico. The first time I watched it, I didn't understand it, but rewatching it now, I think it's amazing.

Not an opinion, but I've never seen Lana live (apart from Youtube videos). :crying: Tickets are just way too expensive

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm getting more and more bummed out about the fact so much of the available material by Lana was stolen from her personal files. It's as though we had all these fantastic photos of her, but that they were obtained by somebody breaking into her house and stealing her photo albums. Even though I like a lot of the songs, I'm tempted to delete them all and pretend they don't exist.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'm getting more and more bummed out about the fact so much of the available material by Lana was stolen from her personal files. It's as though we had all these fantastic photos of her, but that they were obtained by somebody breaking into her house and stealing her photo albums. Even though I like a lot of the songs, I'm tempted to delete them all and pretend they don't exist.

She put herself in danger by not keeping the songs secured offline. Someone remotely hacked her laptop and email for songs, which happened nearly 3 or 4 years ago. And if you operate by that guilty mentality then you probably wouldn't have any leaked music from anyone.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

She put herself in danger by not keeping the songs secured offline. Someone remotely hacked her laptop and email for songs, which happened nearly 3 or 4 years ago. And if you operate by that guilty mentality then you probably wouldn't have any leaked music from anyone.

Well you can obviously do whatever you want, I don't mind. I just wish there was a better thing to make me feel better about it than to tell myself 'she was asking for it'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

And another one:
I actually like Sirens and I don't get why so many don't. Maybe the reason is that I did never put the songs in one album or playlist, if you listen to all of them in a row it may really get boring but I got to know it song by song (not knowing about the May Jailer thing at all) and after listening to them several times I loved every one of them. Especially the lyrics and melodies are magnificent imo.

And another one:

I actually like Sirens and I don't get why so many don't. Maybe the reason is that I did never put the songs in one album or playlist, if you listen to all of them in a row it may really get boring but I got to know it song by song (not knowing about the May Jailer thing at all) and after listening to them several times I loved every one of them. Especially the lyrics and melodies are magnificent imo.

YES! lyrically, the May Jailer era is far superior to almost everything she's ever done.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1