PinUpCartoonBaby

Covers by PinUpCartoonBaby (taking requests)

Maybe try a simple font but on a color rectangle on the top left corner (in the style of the deluxe édition of Born This Way) ?

Or add a road sign a la Route 66 and write the title in it but I fear that would make the cover cheap and kitsch...

Like that?

sloea_btwinsp3vski.jpg

Whatever, here's something new. Finally made a cover for Disco, one of my all time favs. I also thought about using it for all my Lizzy Grant unreleased songs but I'm not sure if it would go together...

ldr_disco1j0eqo.jpg

Here I added "Lizzy Grant", I don't know which one I prefer

trywhatevac2ugq.jpg

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Thank you all for your likes. :kiss2:

And thank you @@BlueJeans for your idea. I actually really like it. I'm happy you like the Disco cover as well. :)

Here's another try for the Sloe Gin Fizz one. I found some really awesome vintage logos on the internet and thought one of them might match the cover.

sloea_vintagelogodkr17.jpg

What do you think?

I've been spending some time the last two weeks working on a booklet for Sirens. I'm far away from finishing it and I'm also not sure if my attempt is a good one...So here are the first pages, plz let me know what you think. I don't really know if I should continue working on it. :whatever:

(Click on pics for HQ)

Page 1 & 2:

sirensbooklet_p12_fnediumb.jpg

Page 3 & 4:

sirensbooklet_p34_fne0nuui.jpg

You should make an Oh Say Can You See cover. I would love you forever.

Your wish is my command. :P

Yeah, I'll definitely try to make one. But it's such a perfect song, I'm a bit afraid I won't be able to make a cover that is good enough for it. :icant:

Do you have any suggestions or wishes for pictures, fonts etc?

Ok...I tried it but I don't know what to think about it. :um:

My first attempt didn't turn out that good I think ... but well, here is it, just in case you want to see it.

ldr_ohsay_try1hwugj.jpg

And here's the better one. I'm still not perfectly happy with it but I just don't know how to improve it .

ldr_ohsay_try2b_font2num1.jpg

Suggestions, opinions etc are welcome. :)

Guest Dot

I've been spending some time the last two weeks working on a booklet for Sirens. I'm far away from finishing it and I'm also not sure if my attempt is a good one...So here are the first pages, plz let me know what you think. I don't really know if I should continue working on it. :whatever:

(Click on pics for HQ)

Page 1 & 2:

sirensbooklet_p12_fnediumb.jpg

Page 3 & 4:

sirensbooklet_p34_fne0nuui.jpg

I love it!!! But please rename "For K". The actual title is "Drive By"...Pretty Baby is most likely "For K" but that hasn't been confirmed yet, however it's more than likely...

I love the first one !! I think it really de scribes her contemplating mood !

Oh, really?! I thought it is a bit boring and the poor quality doesn't help either. But thank you a lot, I'm happy you like it. :)

I love it!!! But please rename "For K". The actual title is "Drive By"...Pretty Baby is most likely "For K" but that hasn't been confirmed yet, however it's more than likely...

Look, just for you. :kiss2:

sirensbooklet_p12_fnez0uye.jpg

I kinda lost the overview over the whole Drive By-For K-Pretty Baby discussion and in the end I decided to take the titles like they are in the lyrics thread. I myself actually prefer "Drive By" as well but I just wasn't sure if this title has been confirmed or something.

I'm just really happy that you like this. It's been quite a lot of work with all those textures and blah. And I still don't know if it'll ever be finished as I'm a complete noob when it comes to booklets plus the whole thing seems kinda senseless to me, Idk... however, thank you for your nice words. :heart:

I love this. Low-key whimsical, but calm, with an undercurrent of urban desolation. Speaks to the loneliness of the busy metropolis.

I need to sleep. :lmao:

Well, thank you too! Your words describe exactly what I had in mind when I made this cover. :P

Ok...I tried it but I don't know what to think about it. :um:

My first attempt didn't turn out that good I think ... but well, here is it, just in case you want to see it.

ldr_ohsay_try1hwugj.jpg

And here's the better one. I'm still not perfectly happy with it but I just don't know how to improve it .

ldr_ohsay_try2b_font2num1.jpg

Suggestions, opinions etc are welcome. :)

Omg I love the first one. I didn't reply in time, but I was going to suggest a kind of 'dark trailer park life' theme (or whatever) and I think that you really captured it. It also reminds me of  the headlights from passing cars lyric.

Long time no update... Just noticed that I haven't posted anything related to the AKA project started by Anthem to which I contributed quite a lot. It's almost finished and I hope to be able to print it soon. In case you haven't seen my designs yet here's everything I've made:

Back cover:
x-jewelcase_back_fin_jlu39.jpg

Booklet:
x-aka_booklet_1a_showacuc6.jpg x-aka_booklet_2a_show8luvm.jpg x-aka_booklet_3a_showjfu5m.jpg x-aka_booklet_4a_showwmum2.jpg x-aka_booklet_5a_showhmu0r.jpg x-aka_booklet_6a_showc2unp.jpg x-aka_booklet_7b-credt9eqp.jpg

Inside of the CD case:
x-jewelcase_insert1_sk9umz.jpg  innerview_show1nulr.jpg  innerviewcd_showozua7.jpg

The black page (=back of the booklet) is just a random idea I had as we still haven't decided for another design... So it might not be used.

And here's a quick design for the recently leaked Get Drunk Session. I actually made it just because I needed one, so it's nothing special. Anyway I decided to share it with you in case anyone else needs a cover for those leaks.

ldr_getdrunk-session_p1qd3.jpg

I also want to make one for those Disco/ Let my hair down outtakes but I don't know how to call it...Are they called 'The Studio 356 Session' because that's how they were named when I downloaded them. Or do you have any other suggestions?

sloea_ohnefontmxyg3.jpg

do you think you could make a cover with this image with the title nevada? And for it to have a vintage/desert-y feel. I love this picture, you did an awesome job :)

do you think you could make a cover with this image with the title nevada? And for it to have a vintage/desert-y feel. I love this picture, you did an awesome job :)

Like that?

nevada_vintagelogodtali.jpg

If you want something different it's absolutely no problem, just tell me. :)

Hello there! Reviving this thread after a long, long break. (Wow, last post in february...didn't think it has been this long.)

So, no irrelevant blahblah, here's one of many HM covers I'm working on.

I just really wanted to use this picture but somehow didn't find the right position for the text, so I made different versions. Nothing special at all, I'm a bit out of training in terms of making covers I guess.

honeymoon_1_dcns8d.jpg

honeymoon_1_eaqsch.jpg

I like this one the less...anyway...

honeymoon_1_c7dsnd.jpg