M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

I think she has the potential to do jazz if she wanted to. She has an amazing voice and It would be amazing hearing her belt out more notes, like she does in Used to Being Alone. She is a mess at times, but a creative and talented mess undeniably. I would love for her to do music other than rapping, but she kills everything she's on so I wouldn't want her to ever stop rapping either. 

At first, they were mainly stupid random beefs with other artists. I like ASAP, but honestly she killed me when she said that he had stolen her 212 hairstyle. I thought she was fun. Rude sometimes, granted. After that, it became more serious, and I was a bit appalled by what she said... Nonetheless, I listen to her music frequently, I don't really associate it with her antics.

She has an ear for melodies, indeed, so it would be cool to hear her sing jazz, I'm just curious as to how it would sound... So we'll see ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I could be late on this, but she has a new song registered to HFA called Exquisite and it looks like it was probably produced by Dutch DJ and producer, Mason, and written with Jonathan Harris, who helped write ATM Jam, BBD, Chasing Time, and Ice Princess. I'm guessing it's for B&P.

I could be late on this, but she has a new song registered to HFA called Exquisite and it looks like it was probably produced by Dutch DJ and producer, Mason, and written with Jonathan Harris, who helped write ATM Jam, BBD, Chasing Time, and Ice Princess. I'm guessing it's for B&P.

its not coming, the producer said: the song is good but we wont be releasing thank to her situation rn

From her Facebook page:

I'm honestly tired of rapping, the rap scene and the whole rap-girl persona. Considering dropping my last name and just going by "Azealia" and not rap for a while. I'm really tired of being that girl. It's not me. Remember, i only started rapping because my acting career wasn't moving as quickly as i wanted it to. Rap has been SUCH diversion for me, and it's probably the reason i feel so lost and off my path. I've done great things with Rap, but only because it pays my bills. I would much rather sing and act and never rap again. I don't want to be a rapper anymore.

unnamed-111.gif

So much information in one paragraph ! I never knew half of this ! 

And just now:

And stop referring to me as a rapper !! >.<

I don't want to be called a rapper. or a fem-cee, or a "spitta" or any of that shit.

I want to be called a singer now. 

"25 year old singer, Azealia Banks."

Thank You.

I had NOOOOOOO idea she wanted to be an actor at first !

Also, does anyone remember those "advent" interviews she did around the release of BWET ? She had a red dress on, and a classy hair do.. And the concept was, they counted down the days to Christmas (or another holiday.. I think that or Thanksgiving)?

I can't find them anymore !

I had NOOOOOOO idea she wanted to be an actor at first !

Also, does anyone remember those "advent" interviews she did around the release of BWET ? She had a red dress on, and a classy hair do.. And the concept was, they counted down the days to Christmas (or another holiday.. I think that or Thanksgiving)?

I can't find them anymore !

The track by track review of BWET is either on her Vevo or personal channel.

Edit: they're on her personal YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQW9d1vmBb7dPHvK70CCPDkLhvJIYMrpt

The track by track review of BWET is either on her Vevo or personal channel.

Edit: they're on her personal YouTube account:

I must have dreamed that red dress ! Thank you very much... I think that it's in one of those videos that I first learned she had this interest for jazz and would eventually go more in this direction.