Sign in to follow this  
missirinee

Before the sparkle and glamour of "Lana Del Rey."

A few questions: 

• Is Lana's birthday in '85 or '86? I've seen both appear ways. On her official Wikipedia and her fanpages, it says 1986, but on the Kent School Wikipedia of notable alumni, it states that she's in the Class of 2003. Usually when you graduate from high school, you're around 18, so unless Lana graduated a year early... 
  • Who do you guys think K is and the whole K thing? From what I think, I think that since Sirens came out around 2005 and Lana met K after Kent and returning back home to Lake Placid, which places us around 2003-2004. I think Sirens is mostly centered around K. (For K is kind of the thing that tips us off the most). From For K, it says that there was a drive-by shooting, which I think was started by K. I don't exactly think that K is the one that's taking the drugs, as drugs is often referenced a lot in songs by our queen, Lana. I think that K was older than Lana and I think the idea of Lolita, as Lolita is also a reoccurring theme in her songs, and the idea of being in love with an older guy kind of thrilled Lana and she fell in love with K. I used to think K was a serial killer, but now that idea has turned into K being a drug dealer and the whole drive-by thing. 
  • I think the one doing the drugs in Lana songs is Jimmy Gnecco. I might be wrong, but someone was talking about Lana and Jimmy meeting in rehab as they both had drug addictions or something and they lived together in the trailer park? Don't take me seriously on this one. I'm kind of certain 'Yayo' is about Jimmy.
  • Do you guys think Lana eloped? Like in Yayo, it mentions that 'It only takes two hours to Nevada' and '50s babydoll dress for my I do's.' Vegas is notorious for people eloping, ect. And if you guys think that Lana has eloped, who do you think it was with?
  • When did Lana go to Alabama? I always found it kind of weird that she chose Alabama as a place to go. I kind of think that Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) is about her time in the South, because one, the title of the song, and two, the song talks about voodoo and the South is kind of known for voodoo. I know on her Sparkle Jump Rope Queen MySpace, around 2008 was when she was in Alabama. Anyone think of why she would be in Alabama?
  • It's been floating around LanaBoards for a while that Lana had a relationship with her English teacher during her time at Kent, Mr. Campbell. I'm pretty sure Paris is about Mr. Campbell as the line "you're sitting in your office" and that kind of tips us off. Do you guys think that Teenage Wasteland (Prom Song Gone Wrong) is also about Mr. Campbell?
  • On Sparkle Jump Rope Queen's MySpace profile, it mentions that she's "been married four times in five different countries." It's always sounded kind of weird and I never really believed it, but in National Anthem, she mentions, "Queen of Saigon" in the bridge, and in Brite Lites, she says, "I'm going back to Aberdeen." I've seen in interviews Lana talking about going to Scotland and it's where most of her friends are. So do you guys think she was in Vietnam as well? I know she's referenced "Queen of Coney Island" before and it's because she loves Coney Island so I think that she was there... hmm...
  • Does anyone know anything on Lana's grandmother, Madeleine? Ever since I heard Gramma, I've been interested in her and Lana must've loved her to the point where she got her initial tattooed to her.

You guys don't have to agree with any of these. You guys can add onto the discussion and I wanna know what you guys think because these are interesting points about Lana that I want to hear what you guys think of these. :)

This might be your favorite thread: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/473-lanalysis-relating-songs-to-knownassumed-relationships/

All of the relationship questions you asked are addressed + it's getting a big update soon.

(evil, if you post the groundhog emote I'll kick your neck.)

• Is Lana's birthday in '85 or '86? I've seen both appear ways. On her official Wikipedia and her fanpages, it says 1986, but on the Kent School Wikipedia of notable alumni, it states that she's in the Class of 2003. Usually when you graduate from high school, you're around 18, so unless Lana graduated a year early...  - 85', I found one of her Facebook accounts.

4r9w86.jpg

• Is Lana's birthday in '85 or '86? I've seen both appear ways. On her official Wikipedia and her fanpages, it says 1986, but on the Kent School Wikipedia of notable alumni, it states that she's in the Class of 2003. Usually when you graduate from high school, you're around 18, so unless Lana graduated a year early...  - 85', I found one of her Facebook accounts.

can you give me a link