Sitar

Lorde

g6vbyD7.png

Now this is what I was expecting from the cover when she first posted the text. If only. Love it.

the production of team  :defeated:

what kind of mgmt/passion pit/gold panda teas  :defeated:

OMG that's a good comparison! Really perfect kinda indie crossover hit and those earworm beats have serious longevity.

I'm now skeptical about that Team audio...I think it's actually a LQ recording of the studio version, maybe from the album listening session, and not live from iHeartRadio :what: JFC the one Lorde stream I miss and all this new stuff happens. Like she fucking performed Glory & Gore and no one's talking about it!

EDIT: OH WAIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaWueno_d54

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh it was a performance and everyone is confident that it's "Team" despite being called "Good Fights" on the setlist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJSj4jzaBk

I'm a new listener of hers. I really find Royals cool, she does sound Florence. Can you guys please suggest me songs of her to listen while the album is not yet released?

She doesn't have that many so you can easily listen to all of her released songs. From The Love Club- EP (where Royals is from) there is also Bravado, The Love Club, Million Dollar Bills, and Biting Down. From the Tennis Court single you can listen to Tennis Court and Swingin Party. And then you've listened to all her released materiel- wahla!

2dt29zc.jpg

I think "Good Fights" might be a completely new song and we haven't heard "Team" yet?

I listened very closely and I can't hear any of the lyric mentioned in her Billboard interview:

There's a line on your still-unreleased next single, "Team," that goes, "I'm kind of over being told to throw my hands up in the air… so there." Is that your take on most modern music?

Yeah, absolutely. In that song, there are a few lines which are kind of me being the 'realistic' pop star: "We live in cities you'll never see onscreen," which is like, no one comes to New Zealand, no one knows anything about New Zealand, and here I am, trying to grow up and become a person. I've been countering that with going to New York and seeing this place that's in every movie and every TV show. Part of me wanted to go back to writing for me and for my friends, and write something that I felt related to us a little bit.

WE LIVE IN CITIES YOU'LL NEVER SEE ON SCREEN

NOT VERY PRETTY BUT WE SURE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS

LIVING IN RUINS OF A PALACE WITHIN MY DREAMS

AND WE KNOW, WE'RE ON EACH OTHER'S TEAM

tumblr_lih4vwSBEg1qzaxefo1_250.gif

IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THAT "GOOD FIGHTS" AUDIO

Though I wonder, WHEN will Lorde address her complicated relationship with being a teen in a materialistic society via song? :sideeye: