Hello Heaven

Overrated Lana Songs?

I'm sorry, but...  most of stuff out of Paradise, especially Ride.

I don't fully get the appeal of the songs. I think that Gods and Monsters is the best out of them, but it's still far from being my favourite.

Those songs are not bad, they just miss the little something that made National Anthem, Off to the races and Born to Die brilliant.
I miss Born To Die style songs...

i am nothing and should be everything

oh my christ I need to get off of this thread right now....I'm not strong enough for this.

Reading all of this Young and Beautiful hate.....

2xHsjfq.gif

When i started reading that people didn't like Summertime Sadness i was like :willcut:

....then I was like :xcry:

This thread i just ....I cant.... :icant2: Im not built for this.

I don't wanna go/tonight/black leather moonlight whatever you guys call it. it sorta made me cry the first time I heard it lol but that's cause I was in a situation where I could relate. but now it's just eh... if it's on her next album I hope it's a different version

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Yayo. Of course I prefer LDRAKALG version, it sounds better but for me the lyrics are middling.

Another one is Video Games. I love this song very much now but I just think it should've been for some other Lana song that would've started this Lana Del Rey boom in radios - Without You for example. Dunno how to explain it but I would like VG more if it hadn't been released as a single ^_^'

And the wind I know it’s cold

Reading all of this Young and Beautiful hate.....

2xHsjfq.gif

When i started reading that people didn't like Summertime Sadness i was like :willcut:

....then I was like :xcry:

This thread i just ....I cant.... :icant2: Im not built for this.

Dude I still haven't read this thread bc i apparently love songs tjat people hate aka dark paradise, gods and monsters, y&b cant do it :icant:

god knows I tried

People obviously don't know what overrated means! How can carmen be overrated when all it gets is hate!!!! The same goes for Cola and Body Electric......

Also Carmen is obviously her best song lyrically (and sonically).....

But her most overrated is obviously Dark Paradise and Ride... Those are her worst released songs .... The lyrics are bad... The production is bad.... They are both the most pretentious songs ever and the fact that every review of Born To Die mentions DP as a fan favorite makes me want to cry....

Obviously

I AM MY ONLY GOD

People obviously don't know what overrated means! How can carmen be overrated when all it gets is hate!!!! The same goes for Cola and Body Electric......

Also Carmen is obviously her best song lyrically (and sonically).....

But her most overrated is obviously Dark Paradise and Ride... Those are her worst released songs .... The lyrics are bad... The production is bad.... They are both the most pretentious songs ever and the fact that every review of Born To Die mentions DP as a fan favorite makes me want to cry....

Obviously

I love Dark Paradise (not my favourite tho), but I agree with Ride! I mean, I don't hate it... but it's so bland. I listen to it every once in a while, but overall it's pretty meh.

I wasn't aware that Carmen is so hated...

Lana once said in an interview that she was surprised that "Video Games" made her so famous, not her favorite song it seems

You got it kinda wrong... she actually said that she loved that song, but that it was so simple and that she made it only for herself and didn't expect it to gain mass attention, because it was so different.

I'll look for the quote :)

Ah Ok, thanks for the information Lirazel ;-)

Let's try to find the exact quote, yes!

Got it! :agree:

-Did you expect "Video Games" to be such a big hit?

-I have to say, I didn't expect what's going on right now. The thing is, the song isn't a humungous change from what I've been singing for years! It's a 5-minute song, and it's a ballad...I didn't have high ambitions to get it recognized. It was just my favorite.

From this Nylon interview. She said it somewhere else, but can't find the quote...

I remember her saying that it was such a simple, different song that she made just for herself, to express the emotions and that it made her incredibly happy.

Maybe some other forum member will be able to recognize the quote :)

Good job! :-)

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about that interview, but it is interesting, thanks

By the way, is Lana popular in Poland?

I also saw the interview for the first time, but it's all good.

I would say that she has a pretty huge fandom - of course it's hard to spot them on the streets, but there are tons of facebook pages about her for Polish fans. The most popular one (I think), Lanaism, has over 23 thousands of likes. Also, it's worth mentioning that Lana won the Diamond Record (which means that she sold over 100 thousands of Born to Die, which is quite a fit in the age of low wages and online piracy):

946981_10151642304244851_611144916_n.jpg

How popular is Lana in France? :smile: I think that you've got quite a tradition of glamourous and tragic female singers, right? Like Dalida... Makes me sorry that I don't understand your language.

I don't hate Carmen, but I don't understand why people think it shows her to be a fantastic lyricist.

Disco is too slow for me too. I love the May Jailer era, but Disco is just so slowwww and devoid.

In The Sun was over hyped.

You're Gonna Love Me is....odd, to say the least.

Crooked Cop, Ride, Young and Beautiful, Heavy Hitter and Come When You Call Me (A.M.E.R.I.C.A.) are SO underrated.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't hate Carmen, but I don't understand why people think it shows her to be a fantastic lyricist.

Disco is too slow for me too. I love the May Jailer era, but Disco is just so slowwww and devoid.

In The Sun was over hyped.

You're Gonna Love Me is....odd, to say the least.

Crooked Cop, Ride, Young and Beautiful, Heavy Hitter and Come When You Call Me (A.M.E.R.I.C.A.) are SO underrated.

Have you tried reading the lyrics sweetie?? :derpna:

And how can Y&B and Ride be underrated??? All of her "fans" love them...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Have you tried reading the lyrics sweetie?? :derpna:

And how can Y&B and Ride be underrated??? All of her "fans" love them...

I have read the lyrics of Carmen! I just don't think they're amazing, for some reason. Maybe it's just that I can't relate to them.

Ride is underrated! All I ever see is people complaining about how bad they think it is!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1