Kimi Rose

"Summertime Sadness" - Next Single in the US, July 2nd

Am I the only one that feels slightly sad about the dance remix version becoming so popular? Lots of people I know can't believe I like her after first hearing the track, and I find myself wanting to say, she's so much better than this. Of course, it's great that she's getting more recognition, but on the radio, they actually said this morning that Lana's single Summertime Sadness had "just come out", which isn't true at all obviously. The dance remix one is just a sped up version of about a third of the lyrics, with a dance beat behind. Shouldn't she be known for Carmen, Radio, Dark Paradise, Gods and Monsters, Without You etc. (trying to think of less known songs of hers). They're just such amazing songs! I hope she doesn't become to mainstream and gets ruined

Guest Dot

Am I the only one that feels slightly sad about the dance remix version becoming so popular? Lots of people I know can't believe I like her after first hearing the track, and I find myself wanting to say, she's so much better than this. Of course, it's great that she's getting more recognition, but on the radio, they actually said this morning that Lana's single Summertime Sadness had "just come out", which isn't true at all obviously. The dance remix one is just a sped up version of about a third of the lyrics, with a dance beat behind. Shouldn't she be known for Carmen, Radio, Dark Paradise, Gods and Monsters, Without You etc. (trying to think of less known songs of hers). They're just such amazing songs! I hope she doesn't become to mainstream and gets ruined

You are not the only one! I feel the exact same way about this! :agree:

STOP the drama, plz. People are buying her album like mad on itunes. If it was just about the dance-remix, pp wouldn't buy BTD and / or Paradise.

Guest Dot

I'd be slayed if Gaga AND lana would actually get to perform at the VMA's! My too favs would be too much for me to handle. :icant:  But yeah if she did, she could do a medley of Body Electric/Summertime Sadness. I'd prefer to hear Cola, though but since that's never going to happen... :bye2:

I really think BE is gonna be the next single anyway and if she did Summertime there could actually be a chance of the album version replacing that awful remix on the charts. :smokes2:

Guest Dot

STOP the drama, plz. People are buying her album like mad on itunes. If it was just about the dance-remix, pp wouldn't buy BTD and / or Paradise.

This actually shows that there's a lack of radio support in the US! People would still buy her album if the radio would play the original version of her songs or the European radio mix of SS.

This actually shows that there's a lack of radio support in the US! People would still buy her album if the radio would play the original version of her songs or the European radio mix of SS.

I think she is doing more than fine. Her album is almost 80 weeks on the charts in the US. And I am pretty sure it will stay this way till the new album drops and will have another push for some weeks when the new one is out. None of her songs (maybe except for Video Games) have the sound to appeal to US radio, With the latest leaks we've gotten, I think Angels Forever could be a radio-friendly song. And even VG was mostly ignored by radio stations in the US

I think she is doing more than fine. Her album is almost 80 weeks on the charts in the US. And I am pretty sure it will stay this way till the new album drops and will have another push for some weeks when the new one is out. None of her songs (maybe except for Video Games) have the sound to appeal to US radio, With the latest leaks we've gotten, I think Angels Forever could be a radio-friendly song. And even VG was mostly ignored by radio stations in the US

AFFA could be a great choice if she release it in the future, and black beauty too but need some work

#03 United Kingdom

#15 United States

#17 Australia

#22 Canada

this is awesome  :defeated: it's going to be Lana most successful single, sad but still pretty amazing  :flutter:

let the light in, it's a cruel world

#03 United Kingdom
#15 United States
#17 Australia
#22 Canada

this is awesome  :defeated: it's going to be Lana most successful single, sad but still pretty amazing  :flutter:

This!

I love SS, the radio edit is eh, but it makes people like Lana. Like my brother for instance. He said he loves this remix, but he hasn't liked Lana before.

I guess whatever, but it's awesome how well it's doing!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I'd be slayed if Gaga AND lana would actually get to perform at the VMA's! My too favs would be too much for me to handle. :icant:  

Or if they performed So legit together.... :creepna:

Even though It would have been nice for Summertime Sadness to be a success on its own merit, still pleased its so high in the UK charts, so more people can appreciate the song! I love both versions, so I am happy either way.

I suppose its very similar to how Florence and the Machines 'Spectrum' only became a success after the Calvin Harris Remix (Which I must admit I loved more than the original) 

2nrpopk.png

Guest Dot

Even though It would have been nice for Summertime Sadness to be a success on its own merit, still pleased its so high in the UK charts, so more people can appreciate the song! I love both versions, so I am happy either way.

I suppose its very similar to how Florence and the Machines 'Spectrum' only became a success after the Calvin Harris Remix (Which I must admit I loved more than the original) 

Yes, the remix was perfect. But in Lana's case the album version is much better than the remix, which is just generic and boring. It's no contest, actually.

Yes, the remix was perfect. But in Lana's case the album version is much better than the remix, which is just generic and boring. It's no contest, actually.

Oh yeah, completely agree that the Album version of SS is much better, but the remix has that 'sound' which allows itself to sit nicely in the charts and be enjoyed by a wider range of listeners who wouldn't necessarily be Lana fans. Alot of my friends who dont like Lana Del Rey (I know, I dont understand it either haha :P) all like the Summertime Sadness remix, now i've just got to try and get them to enjoy the others lol.

2nrpopk.png