Kimi Rose

"Summertime Sadness" - Next Single in the US, July 2nd

Summertime Sadness has been sent to the U.S. radios this week, and KIIS-FM (second biggest radio station in the U.S.) added it to it's playlist. It's also climbing on US and Canada iTunes chart (275#; 225#). 

The question is: are Americans ready for Lana's slayage?  :legend:

UPDATE: Summertime Sadness is due to begin impacting American radio on July 2nd: http://www.allaccess.com/top40-mainstream/future-releases

it already was a single? anyway, I've heard it being played once or twice on the radio here 

y&b is ''slaying'' in the US, so don't worry about lana not getting enough attention atm.  i doubt summertime sadness will become a hit suddenly. that song was released as a single in like august lol would've gotten some attention by now

VyIsfwC.jpg

I think because of Y&B, people are now starting to pay even more attention to her other songs thus the reason why the radio stations are now accepting her into mainstream radio. 

lana in the great gatsby soundtrack , was a great move from her and her management

it already was a single? 

i doubt summertime sadness will become a hit suddenly. that song was released as a single in like august lol would've gotten some attention by now

In Germany, not the U.S. :) 

14417469274.gif

People in my school who never liked her suddenly do because of Y&B. I knew it would help a lot that she was featured in Gatsby!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

People in my school who never liked her suddenly do because of Y&B. I knew it would help a lot that she was featured in Gatsby!

i knew that she would get more recognition, but this is a lot more than i thought

Same in my school too! I hear people talk about it quite a lot and how they didn't like her but now they do and shes growing on them. All the time I hear that. 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

time to spam radio stations again!  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:

(on a side note I really love Summertime Sadness and I saw it got 59 mill view on Youtube so I hope people will like it!)

god knows I tried

i knew that she would get more recognition, but this is a lot more than i thought

I didn't anticipate such a reaction either!

Same in my school too! I hear people talk about it quite a lot and how they didn't like her but now they do and shes growing on them. All the time I hear that. 

Yeah.

The inner selfish fan in me wants to keep her all to myself, but she's so talented and deserves all the success she gets, so I am happy more people are finally recognizing her abilities and voice. She will only get bigger! Especially with the US tour. She's conquered Europe, and I think the US/Canada are next! :)

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Who knew when she sang that shitty-sounding snippet on that Mexican radio broadcast it would become this...I'm proud but this is def. not the song to promote. Dark Paradise or National Anthem would do much better on mainstream spins.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

As long as they're using the radio mix.

But yeah, could be a kind of sleeper hit...Plus, it's summer and people love to be reminded of that in their current hits :umadney:

I think Lanas helping the industry evolve. I think this song could be a hit, all of my friends are talking about it. I think the music industry is changing for the better. This song wouldn't be thought of as a potential hit, which makes Lana a striking figure in the industry. Make room for Ms.Del Rey. 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

I think people in Germany are quite lucky. All radio stations love Lana and I heard Video Games, Born to Die and especially Summertime Sadness soooooo often. Sometimes they also play Blue Jeans and I even could listen to Dark Paradise even though that song is her most unpopular single. Young & Beautiful gets also famous here. I really wish they would play Ride and National Anthem as well  because they're my favorites singles but probably they're not mainstream enough for ordinary radio stations. :bitchfight: I mean look at the Summertime Sadness Radio Mix ! Of course it's still amazing but the original version is sooooo much better, only "too Sadcore". :smokes3:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

And have you seen the comments on the video on Youtube?

"thumbs up if you have loved Lana before Young and Beautiful"

And it was the top comment :toofunny: :flutter: