Quentin

Kanye West

my copy of yeezus is going to be delivered on the 24th.................................................................................................

it took a month for my paradise box set to arrive, why is it always the music i'm actually excited about....

ikr i canceled mine, i paid 17€ and it wasn't going to be dispatched before the 21... my friends in the us got it for 9,99$ and already have the fucking cd in their hands... fml it's because of his no pre-order strategy :deadbanana:

He worked with a lot of people on this album to not acknowledge anyone on the tracklist.

SPIN did a fascinating run-down on every name in the credits, which was really helpful (especially as a new fan) to my understanding of the album and its creation. :creep: I wouldn't have seen the Daft Punk collaborations coming, just from listening to the songs they worked on. 

I'm really loving "Bound 2" right now. I mean, I literally laugh out loud when he's all "I wanna fuck you in the bathroom sink", but the way Charlie's vocals combine with the samples is just  :flutter: .

I'm really loving "Bound 2" right now. I mean, I literally laugh out loud when he's all "I wanna fuck you in the bathroom sink", but the way Charlie's vocals combine with the samples is just  :flutter: .

If you like Bound 2, that's a really good indication you'll like his earlier work. Bound 2 is classic Kanye.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

SPIN did a fascinating run-down on every name in the credits, which was really helpful (especially as a new fan) to my understanding of the album and its creation. :creep: I wouldn't have seen the Daft Punk collaborations coming, just from listening to the songs they worked on. 

Great article, thanks for the tip! Except their description of Gesaffelstein which is very cheap. He already released a tons of remix and a couple of EPs, he's always on tour everywhere and he dropped this masterpiece 3 days ago *sneaky promotion*

http://vimeo.com/68389373

Bound 2 has a really good vibe, the way the samples are used reminds of Ye's first albums. Uh-huh, honey :hooker:

i was just about to go to bed, then yeezus arrived

kBBYsjZ.jpg

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

OMGG. Last night I saw him live. There were 60,000 people it was a test of my mental and physical strength but we managed to get pretty close to the front. Idk if it's a regular feature of his show but runaway lasted like20 minutes, halfway through he stopped the music and just spoke for 10 minutes, talking about how the media perceived him, how he fights for creators and how people don't take him seriously as a black celebrity and he mentioned Kim and was wearing his wedding ring. It was actually really amazing to hear.

At the end after Bound 2 he walked off for like 5 mins then came back on and did Blood on the Leaved (twice!) because he was told he had to finish halfway through, so he started it again :oprah:

The thing I was most surprised about was how humble he was, I know he can be really shy in interviews but when it came to his show etc I thought he'd be really egotistical lol. So I was happy when during the speech he was laughing at himself, and he seemed so happy to see the whole crowd singing every song word for word that when he took off his mask (:oprah:) he was smiling a lot.

The best songs for me were Black Skinhead, POWER, New Slaves, Can't Tell Me Nothing, and Blood on the Leaves. All of the Lights was AMAZING. I was kinda disappointed that he didn't do more songs from Yeezus. I was so excited for I'm In It and I love Guilt Trip but it was amazing just the same. And his new set looks amazing too.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I didn't know they had released a vinyl version of Yeezus lol

edit: it was on white or clear vinyl but it's apparently a bootleg

BzhmW.png

He then went on to play a new song that features Rihanna and is described as featuring an acoustic guitar and a "massive hook." He then slammed his laptop shut and walked offstage to a roaring applause. Seems like Yeezy Season is almost upon us.

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/01/kanye-west-reportedly-played-new-music-at-recent-industry-event?utm_campaign=complexmag%2Bsocialflow%2B01%2B2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social