LipsterDelRey

Lana nominated for 2 MTV VMAs!

she has to get them, if not both at least ONE!

She will probably get the one for Ride :umadney:

I cannot fucking believe I Knew You Were Trouble was nominated for Video Of The Year but not Ride  :horror:

I think it might be because Taylor used attractive men in her video.

I mean they care about aesthetics right?

She will probably get the one for Ride :umadney:

I think it might be because Taylor used attractive men in her video.

I mean they care about aesthetics right?

The only thing they care is popularity. Cmon, its MTV award

She won't win anything, they'll give it some more popular boring shit like Thicke or McNickel or whatever he is called, the VMA's usually are a popularity contest.

30 Seconds To Mars should win for cinematography though, i hate to say it because i think Ride is beautiful, but their video was really brilliantly shot.

NA SHOULD win for art deco though, but we know it won't.

She won't win anything, they'll give it some more popular boring shit like Thicke or McNickel or whatever he is called, the VMA's usually are a popularity contest.

30 Seconds To Mars should win for cinematography though, i hate to say it because i think Ride is beautiful, but their video was really brilliantly shot.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting this too. After all, we can't vote for them, so there's no way we could help.

ZnjKh7o.png

Yup, sadly that's pretty much what I think will happen as well.

I know this is blasphemy, but I actually think the best video in the cinematography category is Sacrilege by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. :ohno:

And dumb question time, but what exactly do they 'evaluate' in the art direction category? I mean, what distinguishes it from the cinematography one, for instance?

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

No BEST SONG FROM A MOVIE FOR YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL????

WTF???

tbqh.., I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Mawson bought the awards for Lana, afterall with the success of Y&B and SS in the US, seems like they wanna do eveything to push her in the US

You have a valid point, but lets look at the real picture here. Lana is nominated in 2 categories where the public (or 721 bieber fans) aren't able to vote on

So she has a good chance at winning, but even if she did win, it's not gonna make any headlines as no one cares about these technical categories, not even the press