Sign in to follow this  
lflflflflflflflflflf

'American Poet'/'Angel Headed Hipster' speculations

I wanted to start a new thread about her Twitter description (idk I think my opinions matter; excuse me haha) because I just wanted to talk about what 'American poet. Angel headed hipster' could possibly mean.

She had 'I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC' as her Twitter description and that turned out to be a song title (now shortened though). So I thought... what if 'American Poet' and 'Angel Headed Hipster' were song titles too?

I don't think she would describe herself as a 'poet' though she's said she was a 'writer' many times. Angel Headed Hipster is from 'Howl' (Big Bad Wolf, anyone?) by Allen Ginsberg and I'm pretty sure Lana's said that Ginsberg, like Whitman, was one of her inspirations.

If they were song titles, I would imagine AP would be about poets she admires and AHH would be an ode to Ginsberg. Thoughts?

i could also just be lyrics to a new song, cause she had Without You lyrics as her twitter description for a while 

Yeah! 'I sing the body electric' is a lyric too actually, so maybe this latest one is also a lyric. I dunno, it's just a trend that I noticed about her Twitter. But it's definitely interesting to talk about- at least to me anyway!

could possibly be true!! in several interviews she said that she wanted to be a poet, and by the way that she writes her own lyrics i think we all can see she is capable of A LOT!!

and American Poet could easily be a title, I mean she is American, she wanted to be a Poet!! :D

She wanted to be a beautiful poet according to the Ride monologue, and she is American. And some of her songs are autobiographical. So it could be a song title.

About AHH...I think it's just a cool sequence of words

So based on what we know so far, her new album consists of poetic spiritual songs with dark undertones and new lyrical themes and a spanish guitar.... :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

and what if she is the angel (Gods & Monsters) and a hipter gave her head (Barry)?

:toofunny:

--------

I can totally see these as song titles/alter-ego concepts. American Poet=what she wanted to be, Angel Headed Hipster is maybe what she is now?

ZnjKh7o.png