littleharlot

Why do you like Lana Del Rey?

I got into her ever since I saw the video games music video, I loved all the clips she used and I felt a connection just from watching, I then downloaded off to the races free from I tunes and  fell in LOVE that song remains one of my favorites it was so different from anything I had heard before so I was so excited to hear an album from someone who could write lyrics like that. I just love the themes she uses in her unreleased and AKA songs. I also love her so much because she loves so deeply and you can see that through her music which I can relate to<3 

This is what in fact made me her fan :flutter: :

Her lyrics are awesome, I know it sounds too general but it's just the way it is. They often are so touching.

She has an absolutely stunning voice. Even if the words said by her were complete rubbish, I could listen to her for hours and hours :smile2:

She has created a fascinating world through her songs, it feels great to be discovering it.

And the wind I know it’s cold

i was first lured in by her music and her beauty

and then i kept getting sucked in by her ~~~mysterious~~~ life

she just keeps intriguing me more every day and thanks to my obsessive personality i just never get bored of her

she doesnt remind me of myself (good)

but she has really changed me within the past 1 1/2 years

(i can write a 90 page essay on why i love her but lets just keep it at this)

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I was first attracted to her image, music, and herself after seeing the Born to Die music video. I'm a film and film score obsessive, and the sound of the orchestra in her songs paired with the unbelievable cinematography in every video killed me. Plus her throwback references to old Americana (another sappy obsession) was enough to make her my absolute favorite artist. She's everything I've loved...visually, sonically... :troll: ...

But then her. As a person. Her vulnerability makes her so human. I mean, if you see an artist like Katy Perry (poor reference, but just go along with me) discuss why she wrote a song (it was so personal yadiyadiya) it just feels honestly contrived. Lana seem so genuine it seems almost odd compared to other artists around her. That's my opinion. :pft: Don't take it out of context, I'm sure everyone has genuine feelings rooted to their lyrics (the lyrics they wrote, anyway :candy: ) but there's something about Lana...

I was going through a rough patch, a really shitty patch, and her music really was healing to listen to.

I heard Video Games, and then listened to the Born To Die + Paradise album repeatedly. It was really refreshing to listen to someone actually pour emotion into a song, it felt like there was meaning when I listened. Her voice speaks right to you.

It wasn't until much later that I started researching more about her.

Because is love her.

I love her music. She is a real artist. Someone said to me that she is ok, but he couldn't decode her songs. I don't feel that. From the first moment, I am connected to her music, and her feelings through her songs. Her lyrics are amazing as well.

She has a unique style/look. And I am absolutely love it. I did not noticed that, but my friends said to me, I have new things on me, that reminds them to Lana. I don't copy her, it is just small things, that I formed for my own style. She is beautiful. 

And come on, everything what she is doing, is cute, smart, lovely, and unusual.

2ikzg5s.png

I think there were several factors that made me like her as much as I do. First of all, before I found her I had a lot of frustration over music in general because I'd gotten tired of my previous favorites long ago, and hadn't found anything new that I really liked. Life without fantastic music felt very empty, and it had been so long that I had started to give up hope of finding new music that I truly enjoyed. But even that first night when I listened through Born to Die and LDRAKALG for the first time, I knew that the void had been filled in a way that I couldn't have hoped for even in my wildest dreams. That was an incredible feeling, it was like reuniting with an almost forgotten love that suddenly came bursting back into life with more power than ever before. Really cheesy I know, but it's still an accurate description. The shocking manner of that first "meeting" with her definitely played a big role in why I became so hooked.

What appeals to me most about her music is the exciting, forbidden and passionate atmosphere that she creates - it's a refreshing antithesis of the often dull and monotonous everyday life. For me, escapism is the main reason why I listen to music, the same goes for reading books and watching films. I like it when the music takes me to a world without rules and responsibilities, an exciting, adventurous and dangerous world where emotions rule rather than common sense. Lana's music was perfect for that. Her beauty and the mysteries obviously strengthens that exciting atmosphere around her and her music.

Futhermore, I'm very week for artists that seem genuine, that make it sound like they are writing and singing straight from the heart and about personal experiences. Personally, I've never heard an artist that seems more genuine than Lana. Pawn Shop Blues is probably the best example of the type of lyrics/music I'm referring to here. The fact that she also seems to be much more passionate about the music than the fame  makes me respect her more, or at least relate to her more.

Hmm, I think I'll just stop myself here...

I've been listening to some interviews recently and I absolutely love what she's saying about beauty, about seeing/hearing it (for instance she said Elvis' voice was so beautiful that she couldn't believe it was real). It's exactly why I care about the world I'm living in. Looking for beautiful things is what I enjoy doing the most. Or that she wants her records to be good, well, some people don't even pretend they care about the quality of their creations. Doesn't matter if her image is her job or not, if it isn't, she still does good job, having such a great taste and choosing to persorm awesome art. Sorry, I just love this girl.

And the wind I know it’s cold

Well, the first time I started to like Lana was when I somehow got Off To The Races, Dark Paradise and Diet Mountain Dew onto my phone and I listened to Off To The Races to see what it was. The first thing I noticed was her voice and how girly or deep it can sound (at the time I actually thought it was two people singing the song :/ ). Then I was bored one day and decided to google what she looked like and damn I was not disappointed :P Then I saw this before and after special FX vid for The Great Gatsby which had Young and Beautiful playing in the background and I really noticed how beautiful her voice was. It was about here that I started to go crazy over her so I guess I'm still fairly noob

Apart from her looks, I'd say I love Lana cus she's interesting and not conceited AFAIK. She's also a sassy bitch so yeh

SMnMBxW.giftumblr_mlpo4ngRQC1re3sv3o1_500.gif

Don't you all realise she is manufactured?  She will probably look terrible without all the make up.  Many women aren't that beautiful without painting their face....

Okay, come out from behind the screen and let's hear that again :troll:

Only kidding

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I like Lana for many reasons.

I like the way her music sounds. That oldish sound to it but with current style lyrics.

Also her look and attitude. She seems very genuine about herself and her fans. Plus writing her own music is def. a A++ in my book!

Don't you all realise she is manufactured?  She will probably look terrible without all the make up.  Many women aren't that beautiful without painting their face....

tumblr_inline_mt9bv86BRS1ri4zkt.jpg                              :candy:  

god knows I tried

I like Lana specially because of my friends. She represents our friendship because a lot of happy moments we enjoyed together had her music involved, because we enjoyed getting together and playing old video games (yeah) like Super Mario while we listened to her music.

Also, Lana's whole tropical, vintage atmosphere and the palm tree obsession is something that really connects me to her because I am also obsessed with those things.