xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

16 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

the album still not clicking for me :brigitte: its a mess honey

You're most certainly not alone. It's a love or hate project. But most people seem to really, really like it. Myself included. Been listening all day every day pretty much.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:29 AM, Olympia said:

I have been thinking a lot about if I like the lyrics change or not but I think it was a good move. I think Jolene is one of the saddest, most desparate songs ever written and no cover comes close to Dolly's version. By changing the lyrics, Beyonce really made it her own and suitable to her image as a self confident woman, so I think that approach is 100% justified. The song develops an own life by her rework. 

100%. The lyrics make it a lot more believable in this day and age too.

It's a bold move, given what a classic it is, and that paid off big time.

i am for the jolene lyric change criticism tbh bc i think turning it into that is a bit lame and we hear enough songs of that calibre but it’s so categorically beyoncé to do that to the song. Like u can’t actually get UPSET or bothered over this. this is beyoncé 😭

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, taco truck said:

Bodyguard is the only song I go back to tbh 

Come on... American Requiem, Blackbird, Protector, 16 Carriages, Texas Hold 'Em, II Most Wanted, Levii's Jeans, II Hands II Heaven, Ya Ya. Jolene... There are soo many songs that slap.

That said, I go back to Bodyguard the most too.

maybe i’m crazy but the only “flaw” in this album to me are that the transitions are toooo good to the point that they’re necessary. like for example you almost can’t listen to ya ya without playing oh louisiana next, which i guess makes the replay potential lower cause you don’t always want to listen to a full album. but for the meantime i will be listening to the whole album in one sitting iber and over until i get tired of that :shrug:

4 hours ago, violettiaras said:

maybe i’m crazy but the only “flaw” in this album to me are that the transitions are toooo good to the point that they’re necessary. like for example you almost can’t listen to ya ya without playing oh louisiana next, which i guess makes the replay potential lower cause you don’t always want to listen to a full album. but for the meantime i will be listening to the whole album in one sitting iber and over until i get tired of that :shrug:

I need a way to lasso or group 2 songs together, so that even when I’m shuffling, those 2 songs are always played together. Like if could “lasso” Ya Ya and The Linda Martell Show so that they always play together even when shuffling (same with Dolly P/Jolene)

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Mer said:

I need a way to lasso or group 2 songs together, so that even when I’m shuffling, those 2 songs are always played together. Like if could “lasso” Ya Ya and The Linda Martell Show so that they always play together even when shuffling (same with Dolly P/Jolene)

omg definitely need a lasso feature :wink:

I just listened to the album yesterday and ever since then I've been FLOORED.:oprah2:

IMAGINE OPENING AN ALBUM WITH A MASTERPIECE LIKE THAT AMERICAN REQUIEM IS.... Seriously I've been playing that like NON-STOP!:pray2:

Also constantly replaying Bodygard, Daughter, Levii's Jeans, Ya Ya and every track from Desert Eagle to Amen. :hooker:

I am amazed. I am  not in love with every song yet. But hey, I was worried that this album would be all hillbilly lol. and woww am I glad I was wrong!?

Also #2: American Requiem is, in other words, this album's Virgo's Groove.😌 Those who get it get it.:clapback: 

Spoiler

(Yeah, as in THE BEST song on the album.)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

The way this just doesn't work for me. Her first album since Sasha  I can't force myself to sit through.

I feel like I hate exactly what most people actually like - the unusual combination of genres. For album's fans it's a Beyoncefied country, for me it's all over the place. I can't think of a single situation in my life where this album would fit, so won't even try anymore and just stick to Texas, Alligator Tears and Bodyguard.