xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

Really moved by Ameriican Requiem, My Rose, Daughter, Aliigator Tears, Ya Ya, and II Hands II Heaven. Beyoncé and country are two facets of the music world that I don’t really dive into, but this was fun and impactful. It was a little too long and I probably won’t listen to the whole thing again for some time, the aforementioned songs are amazing. 

Even though it will be a different project/vibe, this has me excited for Lasso

supposing the tour will have a renaissance world tour style setlist (that being performing the whole album and incorporating some oldies here and there on the set), i don't think she will do any renaissance songs but i do think she will sing my house, it would fit perfectly with spaghetti! also i think irreplaceable and single ladies (and daddy lessons of course) are coming back for this one, i really can see it happening 

1 hour ago, rabbit said:

Really moved by Ameriican Requiem, My Rose, Daughter, Aliigator Tears, Ya Ya, and II Hands II Heaven. Beyoncé and country are two facets of the music world that I don’t really dive into, but this was fun and impactful. It was a little too long and I probably won’t listen to the whole thing again for some time, the aforementioned songs are amazing. 

Even though it will be a different project/vibe, this has me excited for Lasso

I think it's quite cool that Lana's releasing a country record in the same year Beyonce and others are. Great to compare all of their inputs, different perspectives on the genre.

That said, Cowboy is going to be the benchmark for all others to aspire to.

4 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Overall loved the album, the country radio show format was super cute and contributed a lot to the atmosphere and the vibe. This album surprisingly clicked more than Renaissance for me and I will absolutely be streaming it repeatedly. These tracks stood out for me:

American Requiem

Blackbird (metronome irritates me tho 👀)

16 Carriages

Protector

Bodyguard

Texas Hold Em (didn’t like the single but enjoyed it more in context)

Daughter

Spaghetti

Most Wanted

Levi’s Jeans

Flamenco

Ya Ya (mostly great but hate the yayayayaya chorus it’s too Bang Bang by Jessie J and I absolutely hate that song 🙄)

Hands Heaven

Sweet Honey Buckin

Amen

Toss up between Daughter and Spaghetti for my top track but overall super well done Beyoncé I’m so impressed :oprah:

Glad you love it too. I'm just shacking my booty to YA YA as we speak. You need to be in the mood for the song, that's for sure. Agree with all your choices btw. Except Spaghetti, doesn't click for me at all.

I didn't expect to like this album as much as I did :krylie: It's really good and the two singles def work better in the context of the album. However I kinda wish she made the 27 track version the deluxe cause it does get long especially in the first half.
The shorter playlist version I made for myself (The songs still flow together well this way):

Spoiler

Cowboy Carter - Beyoncé

1. American Requiem
2. Blackbird
3. 16 Carriages
4. Texas Hold Em
5. Bodyguard
6. Jolene
7. Daughter
8. Spaghettii
9. II Most Wanted
10. The Linda Martell Show
11. Yaya
12. Oh Louisiana
13. Desert Eagle
14. II Hands II Heaven
15. Tyrant
16. Sweet Honey Buckin
17. Amen

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love this album…as a longtime Beyonce fan it is so gratifying to hear her continue to put out interesting music, push herself artistically, and continue to deliver killer vocal performances…an icon’s icon. Bass in Bodyguard sending me straight to heaven every time!!! And wish A Rose were full length it’s soooo good :wub:

aOaIzH2.gif

On my second listen and Beyoncé was right about this not being a country album. I really liked how she blended multiple genres and made it work for the most part. I don’t really like the covers though especially the changes she made to Jolene and the album goes on for too long. However it is still a great album with a lot of standout tracks.

Country isn’t it for me so I skipped listening to the two singles but wow 16 Carriages is so good. 
I liked her spin on Jolene. Kinda wanted it to go a little harder based on what she’s singing about but I’m probably just used to songs like Sorry and Hold Up. 
Loved II Most Wanted, I really like when artists do a back and forth type collab and share a chorus, it actually sounds like a collaboration rather than just a copy and paste feature. 
Tyrant is great and needed in the album. 

Sweet Honey Buckiin’ is the All Up In Your Mind of this album for me, it’s just too long. 
Just some first listen thoughts! 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

the songs with miley cyrus and post malone should've stayed in the drafts fr heavy filler material vibes

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Been listening on repeat since it dropped. This album's amazing. I like some country music but I'm not a huuuge country fan so I really wasn't expecting to like this album as much as I do. I was also so pleasantly surprised with the rock elements on this album and how much variation it has. Picking my fav songs is hard but the ones that come to mind right now are Ameriican Requiem (what an intro) Aliigator Tears (the melody's so smooth), Daughter (the production, the lyrics, the storytelling, the opera part??? hello?), Ya Ya (she was insane for this) and Bodyguard. The Miley and Post Malone collabs were so unexpected (especially the Miley collab, seeing her name on a Beyoncé album is wild) but both songs are sooo good. Levii's Jeans kinda reminds me of Beautiful by Mariah and Miguel, in the best way possible. Overall, I really love this album. I can't really compare it to Renaissance since it's so different, but that's def a good thing. She's showing her versatility with this 3 act project. 

qfrWuBl.png

Idk how people can even complain about this being too country. It’s bombastic, Americana, folk, and at times even wiTChY. It’s everything I want from a pop star going “country” 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

while on first listen I found several moments on the album to be quite underwhelming they might grow on me within the next few listens

but the bangers WERE REALLY FUCKING BANGIN'

Spaghettii, Sweet ★ Honey ★ Buckiin', Ya Ya, II Most Wanted, II Hands II Heaven, Riiverdance, Levii's Jeans and Tyrant ARE SOME FUCKING CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

her rendition of Jolene and Bodyguard are also FUCKING GREAT

I'm finished my first listening!! This album is so cute and wonderful...:trisha3:

My favorite songs for now (not in specific order):

1. LEVII'S JEANS

2. SPAGHETTII 

3. JOLENE

4. BODYGUARD 

5. YA YA

6. TYRANT

7. SWEET ☆ HONEY ☆ BUCKIIN'

8. DAUGHTER 

9. II HANDS II HEAVEN 

4 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

I love this album…as a longtime Beyonce fan it is so gratifying to hear her continue to put out interesting music, push herself artistically, and continue to deliver killer vocal performances…an icon’s icon. Bass in Bodyguard sending me straight to heaven every time!!! And wish A Rose were full length it’s soooo good :wub:

While i don’t like the album, i agree with all this. She really just does whatever the fuck she wants, which i like. 

So apparently both CD and vinyl release of the album are missing songs from the digital ver tracklist? Hopefully the standard version with the horse cover will include everything 💀