COLACNT

SONIC EQUIVALENTS

What about this, for instance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7z_2QRELhw

oh my GOD @@elllipsis !!! that would be sublime!  :crying4:

jeff buckley is my favorite, ever, and "dream brother" is one of his best ♥

@ i also really adore that BBW instrumental! if you were meaning with which lana song it would combine, i can hear it with "miss america / trash magic", beginning the vocals at the same time the instruments start...if only i knew how to try this mix out and see if it works! what program do you use? is it very difficult?

oh my GOD @@elllipsis !!! that would be sublime!  :crying4:

jeff buckley is my favorite, ever, and "dream brother" is one of his best ♥

@ i also really adore that BBW instrumental! if you were meaning with which lana song it would combine, i can hear it with "miss america / trash magic", beginning the vocals at the same time the instruments start...if only i knew how to try this mix out and see if it works! what program do you use? is it very difficult?

'Dream Brother' is probably my fave Buckley song. :sadcore2: I thought it could fit the BBW instrumental quite nicely, and also figured it'd be something Lana would approve. :whatever:

(Btw, have you ever read his bio 'Dream Brother'? 2 people recommended it to me recently & both said it was very good and incredibly sad... Judging from the story & lyrics of 'Dream Brother' and how much it affects me, I believe it! I think I'm gonna buy it soon...)

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Guest Dot

In case you haven't heard it, yet.

This is a little mashup/mix I've done a few months ago. It's very simple so there's not much about it, but it turned out very good and powerful. I always thought "Methamphetamines" was one of Lana's most haunting demos, so I really wanted to capture the melancholy of it in this mix and I think I succeeded. I was really shocked how well these two song fit together. I hope you like it.

Lana Del Rey's "Methamphetamines" vs. Thomas Newman's "Any other Name" from the Movie 'American Beauty'.

http://picosong.com/Rd4Q

'Dream Brother' is probably my fave Buckley song. :sadcore2: I thought it could fit the BBW instrumental quite nicely, and also figured it'd be something Lana would approve. :whatever:

(Btw, have you ever read his bio 'Dream Brother'? 2 people recommended it to me recently & both said it was very good and incredibly sad... Judging from the story & lyrics of 'Dream Brother' and how much it affects me, I believe it! I think I'm gonna buy it soon...)

yes! i read it as soon as it came out, it's wonderful but obviously bittersweet. it devastates but also elevates...you have to get it :)

you know, lana would be delighted with your mash up proposal...as JB once said: freaks of america unite! and jeff and lana fans too ;)

azealia banks?

Yes sir I can't get the idea out of my head

Oh let me take a look into that idea. Going to see what i can come up with ! 

Simply the best :kiss2:

I'd really like to hear more LDR with the American Dream soundtrack, like vitamin-ldr did with Methamphetamines.

And anyone whose good at this please please mash up some of Lana's acapellas. Like Carmen with the different lyrics, Midnite Dancer GF, Motel 6, etc.

PM me if anyone plans on doing this, xx

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

ooh i'll try that later tonight and see how it works out =)

i used audacity for the methamphetamines mix because its the most simplistic / intuitive one out there imo. there are others that are much more technical and proficient for stuff like this, like abelton and fl studio but i've downloaded those before and seriously got a fucking migraine within 2 minutes just trying to navigate the available options. but honestly tho think the level of difficulty ultimately comes down to how much patience you've got 

:twirls:

ZRBNill.jpg