COLACNT

SONIC EQUIVALENTS

so i think that there should be something done about all the acapella songs and the instrumentals we have available. some kind of mash-up similar in vein to what vitamin-ldr did with methamphetamines and thomas newman? but i don't have the ear to match beats or melodies really so hopefully those of you out there with finer tuning can suggest some good ideas for mixes? like, 'midnight dancer girlfriend' would sound great with ...? heartshaped chevrolet would mesh well with...? the big bad wolf instrumental (which is actually better than the actual song itself) would flow nicely with...? so on.

i'm trying to fuck around w/ some audio programs so either i or something else with more seasoned audio skill can try and put something together if a particular mix sounds intriguing / potentially beautiful? ya

this is like the first song i've tried my hand at mixing. its laura palmer's theme x methamphetamines (chopped / screwed). it sounds totally schizophrenic, but i kind of like it? its rough as fuck at the start but if you don't listen to the whole thing i'd hope you listen to 1:00 and onward at the very least  :cuteface:

http://picosong.com/RpNm

if you judge me, i'll kill you. jk, you can go ahead cause i don't know what i'm doing tbh and so tips / suggestions are welcome 

for reference, we have (official) instrumentals for: 

video games

born to die

carmen

bel air

hit and run 

heavy hitter 

ride (intro) 

and we have acapellas for: 

born to die 

blue jeans (filtered)

carmen (filtered)

video games (filtered) 

young & beautiful (filtered) 

plus all the unreleased acapellas and ... i may be missing others? pls gimme ideas cause i dont know really what would mesh ~sonically~

ZRBNill.jpg

i used to be a mash up addict a few years ago....this is a great idea! i like your mix, @@cola  :gclap:

i have to think a bit, but off the bat one i always thought would fit was the "million dollar man" vocal with fiona apple's "the child is gone" instrumental.

@@Philomene , i think the "raise me up (nirvana)" would be great!

i'd be especially excited to hear more lana rock mashups ♥

@@elllipsis wouldn't a mashup of lana and the strokes sound awesome?? way back when the band came out there used to be a zillion mashups, especially using "hard to explain"...what nostalgia  :aw:

Omg, yesss I remember that! :defeated: Do you remember A Stroke of Genie-us??? :hooker:

I feel like the a capella of Blue Jeans could fit really well with something out of Is This It or Room On Fire. Help me out @@ednafrau and @@Quentin!

I would also LOVE to hear a mashup of Heavy Hitter (instrumental) and Between love & hate!!! :flutter: :flutter: :flutter: I feel like these 2 could make a really great mashup for some reason!

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Omg, yesss I remember that! :defeated: Do you remember A Stroke of Genie-us??? :hooker:

I feel like the a capella of Blue Jeans could fit really well with something out of Is This It or Room On Fire. Help me out @@ednafrau and @@Quentin!

I would also LOVE to hear a mashup of Heavy Hitter (instrumental) and Between love & hate!!! :flutter: :flutter: :flutter: I feel like these 2 could make a really great mashup for some reason!

yessss! of course i remember "a stroke of genius"!  :oprah:

i SO wish i knew how to use audio programs...would "blue jeans" fit with "trying your luck"??

yessss! of course i remember "a stroke of genius"!  :oprah:

i SO wish i knew how to use audio programs...would "blue jeans" fit with "trying your luck"??

So do I... And it definitely could!! I think the chorus of Blue Jeans + the instrumentals of the chorus of Trying your luck could fit really nicely...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png