urbannoize

Out of All The New Artists Who Appeared On The Scene Within The Past 2 Years, Lana Del Rey Has Been One Of The Most Influential On Me

Within the last few years that new artists have continued to appear on the music scene, whether it was in hip hop, r&b, pop, dance, electronic, and etc, i can honestly say Lana Del Rey has left the most lasting impression on me. To the point where pushed me to go from only listening to one song on repeat from her, to an entire album. & Just getting caught up in the reality of the environment and atmosphere she creates. Which in turns serves as inspiration. & To me, something like this is rare. Because, they're aren't too many artists in this newer generation, like the likes of Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, & few others who do that for me. The others, who've been around like Jay Z, Kanye West, Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, T.I., OutKast, Michael Jackson, &  too many other acts to name who were big throughout the late 90s & 2000s. Who will always remain my foundation musically. & Lana's about the newest to be added to that fold of talent.

Listen to Lorde.

Welcome to LordeBoards.

(No but I really agree with everything you say. I like how you are inbetween the pop and hip hop workd)

Haha, and im just getting into Lorde as well. Royals is always on repeat. & Pure Heroine sounds great. Still getting into her. & I really want to remix Royals. & Im glad you agree, because i definitely appreciate both worlds. Love it all

If she ever releases another album she'll definitely be here to stay :icant:

& I couldnt agree with you more, because she planted herself enough with just Born To Die already

i totally agree with you! there hasn't been any other artists who have came out in the past couple of years that i've actually took an interest in at all. to me, lana kind of gave me more hope in the music industry - i was a massive ellie goulding fan before but lana kind of blew her out of the water haha. 

4r9w86.jpg

& To me, something like this is rare. Because, they're aren't too many artists in this newer generation, like the likes of Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar,& few others who do that for me. The others, who've been around like Jay Z, Kanye West, Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, T.I., OutKast, Michael Jackson, &  too many other acts to name who were big throughout the late 90s & 2000s. Who will always remain my foundation musically. & Lana's about the newest to be added to that fold of talent.

Def. agree.

Plus, good taste in music.

As well as Lana being the artist who stands out and influences me the most, she also opened my mind to other artists (although none of them are as good as her obviously) because she has experimented a range of styles and genres so I've also kind of opened my span to trying out different genres and since 2011 when I started listening to her, I always knew something was there because I wasn't mad about any of her songs particularly - I didn't even like Video Games but there was something about her that really drew me in and I ended up digging all her music anyway, I gave her a chance and it was so worth it because I'm usually too lazy to spare so much time to artists. Nobody comes anywhere close to Lana.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

As well as Lana being the artist who stands out and influences me the most, she also opened my mind to other artists (although none of them are as good as her obviously) because she has experimented a range of styles and genres so I've also kind of opened my span to trying out different genres and since 2011 when I started listening to her, I always knew something was there because I wasn't mad about any of her songs particularly - I didn't even like Video Games but there was something about her that really drew me in and I ended up digging all her music anyway, I gave her a chance and it was so worth it because I'm usually too lazy to spare so much time to artists. Nobody comes anywhere close to Lana.

& I couldn't agree with you more on opening yourself up to her music, and giving her a chance. As well as the fact that there was something that drew you to her. It was all the same for me

Def. agree.

Plus, good taste in music.

Thank you. I really appreciate it

i totally agree with you! there hasn't been any other artists who have came out in the past couple of years that i've actually took an interest in at all. to me, lana kind of gave me more hope in the music industry - i was a massive ellie goulding fan before but lana kind of blew her out of the water haha. 

& Lana took the cake for me also, haha. Im actually always checking for more often than Ellie, even though i like Ellie's music as well

& Lana took the cake for me also, haha. Im actually always checking for more often than Ellie, even though i like Ellie's music as well

Yeah haha! I am getting into Lorde now, but Lana really is something special. I've never heard anything like her before, I can't compare her to anyone because there really is no one like her. 

4r9w86.jpg