Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

CONFIRMED: Lana Del Rey DID NOT deny Kayne West's Request

There's a difference between slut-shaming women simply for being sexual and finding something unseemly about an entire family cashing in on their notoriety from a daughter having appeared in a sex tape in which she was urinated upon and the biological father having literally helped someone get away with murder.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ok, I can see that point, that's worded pretty deliberately. I still, however, think that a lot of the Kardashians critics, I would say even most, rely on slut shaming tactics (knowingly and unknowingly), as a part of their critiques. But of course, the distinction you made is pretty important. "Unseemly" is a good term for it too.

Still speaking generally, this supposed shift in increasing vanity and/or coveting a particular lifestyle in the western world (because of the Kardashians + people like them), isn't causing "the world to be fucked".... nor can we make a correlation between this "shift" and a lack of compassion. And does one accurately measure the dips and highs in compassion on a global scale? :toofunny: How can you even assess something as visceral and personal as "compassion"?  :teehee: haha, i'm being silly here but this entire thing is just ridiculous.

i love waking up in the morning and getting a good dose of LanaBoards self-righteousness.  :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Yeah, even if you buy that the world is going to pot-- and I don't really, every generation seems to make these claims about the next-- I think the Kardashians are more a symptom than a cause.

BTW, this forum has really been going downhill lately...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ok, I can see that point, that's worded pretty deliberately. I still, however, think that a lot of the Kardashians critics, I would say even most, rely on slut shaming tactics (knowingly and unknowingly), as a part of their critiques. But of course, the distinction you made is pretty important. "Unseemly" is a good term for it too.

Still speaking generally, this supposed shift in increasing vanity and/or coveting a particular lifestyle in the western world (because of the Kardashians + people like them), isn't causing "the world to be fucked".... nor can we make a correlation between this "shift" and a lack of compassion. And does one accurately measure the dips and highs in compassion on a global scale? :toofunny: How can you even assess something as visceral and personal as "compassion"?  :teehee: haha, i'm being silly here but this entire thing is just ridiculous.

i love waking up in the morning and getting a good dose of LanaBoards self-righteousness.  :creep:

I don't know, maybe it's because I work with the public and interact one on one with about 500 people a day minimum and have for the last 5 five years. I've seen a change in people over that short period of time that has frightened me. The general public no longer cares for anyone other than themselves anymore. Not everyone mind you, but the majority.

I've seen families fight over a wheel chair and ignored me when I offered to bring them another to the point where cops were called to break it up. But they wanted it FIRST, and NOW! I've witnessed people outright say they didn't care a man was dying on a bridge because he was delaying their flight (the same flight he was supposed to be getting on and yes he did pass away and those people still didn't care and even used that to get a travel credit from my airline) and I've heard people tell mothers to shut their babies up when they won't stop crying during a flight where it was quite obvious the baby's ears were bothering her, twice now. This was all in the last six months.

No one cares anymore. And I'm not the only one to notice it; it is a frequent topic among my coworkers. It never used to be like this even a year ago and for it to happen so fast is downright scary. Where will we be as a whole in 10 years? 20? I try not to worry about it, but the fact that I want to start a family soon, it's been on my mind a lot lately. @@evilentity is right, the Kardashians are a symptom and not a cause. And that is all I will say on the matter to save you from reading any more "self-righteousness" today, @@maru.

I don't know, maybe it's because I work with the public and interact one on one with about 500 people a day minimum and have for the last 5 five years. 

What is it that you do, exactly?

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I know this is old news and all, but I accidentally stumbled across this video today where he explained that apparently Kim thought Kanye was gonna bring LDR. He mentions her at ~2:26

EQFO7rX.png

You poor cunt, you really must interact with the scum of the Earth....in the air. x.

I can't tell if you're being rude or are just british/aussie lol. And yes, that is the driving force behind me switching careers asafp

I know this is old news and all, but I accidentally stumbled across this video today where he explained that apparently Kim thought Kanye was gonna bring LDR. He mentions her at ~2:26

I think that's the first time I've seen Yeezy sober. Jesus.

I don't know, maybe it's because I work with the public and interact one on one with about 500 people a day minimum and have for the last 5 five years. I've seen a change in people over that short period of time that has frightened me. The general public no longer cares for anyone other than themselves anymore. Not everyone mind you, but the majority.

I've seen families fight over a wheel chair and ignored me when I offered to bring them another to the point where cops were called to break it up. But they wanted it FIRST, and NOW! I've witnessed people outright say they didn't care a man was dying on a bridge because he was delaying their flight (the same flight he was supposed to be getting on and yes he did pass away and those people still didn't care and even used that to get a travel credit from my airline) and I've heard people tell mothers to shut their babies up when they won't stop crying during a flight where it was quite obvious the baby's ears were bothering her, twice now. This was all in the last six months.

No one cares anymore. And I'm not the only one to notice it; it is a frequent topic among my coworkers. It never used to be like this even a year ago and for it to happen so fast is downright scary. Where will we be as a whole in 10 years? 20? I try not to worry about it, but the fact that I want to start a family soon, it's been on my mind a lot lately. @@evilentity is right, the Kardashians are a symptom and not a cause. And that is all I will say on the matter to save you from reading any more "self-righteousness" today, @@maru.

Youre so right. People really dont care. Its a absolute individualistic society separated and segregated in their own little niches. Is getting to the point that people on the niches are not even caring about their own niches. I think is a transparent and you can easily see when you fly, in the metro in airports.   It doesnt affect my live . Its not about me. So why should I care? ME ME ME. Its individualistic, its me and me. Its the selfies society. What a bore and pathetic decade I was born. Much prefer group photos not much a selfie person.

In a way I am thankful that I am from SA. We are loud, desorganized, never on time, with social problems but at least we are somewhat kinder.

glgcDdT.gif

Youre so right. People really dont care. Its a absolute individualistic society separated and segregated in their own little niches. Is getting to the point that people on the niches are not even caring about their own niches. I think is a transparent and you can easily see when you fly, in the metro in airports.   It doesnt affect my live . Its not about me. So why should I care? ME ME ME. Its individualistic, its me and me. Its the selfies society. What a bore and pathetic decade I was born. Much prefer group photos not much a selfie person.

In a way I am thankful that I am from SA. We are loud, desorganized, never on time, with social problems but at least we are somewhat kinder.

Bang on! Not gonna lie, I've never met a rude person from SA. You are all so happy as fuck when I meet you just loving life haha! The rest of the world should take notes!

No i mean it, poor you, customer service sucks as is, i cant imagine how annoying it would be stuck on a plane with winey jerks.

I figured that is what you meant. Cunt is an insult where I'm from so I was just making sure I was interpreting you properly lol

And it gets old very fast, I can attest to that. Not nearly as glam as Pan Am was.

I figured that is what you meant. Cunt is an insult where I'm from so I was just making sure I was interpreting you properly lol

And it gets old very fast, I can attest to that. Not nearly as glam as Pan Am was.

You should write short stories about your flights and the people you met. That would be a interesting reading. What company you worked? I dont use Delta Airlines or American Airlines because I hate their service.  They are rude and the planes old LOL

glgcDdT.gif