lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I don't think Interscope will have to "work hard" to make this era into a success at all. Born to Die was on the top 25 most sold albums of 2013 and it's still on the Billboard top 200 even though it was released two years ago. And sure the EDM remix was more of a success but the original still did well and the album's longevity prove people are interested to hear more than her remixed singles.

That's missing the point.  The album was released in Jan 2012, did decent from Video Games and Blue Jeans, but probably didn't hit expectations especially after the SNL deal.  It didn't do as well as they probably wanted until she got the US public turnaround through the remixes that are relatively recent.  The fact that the album is now on top is important because she can build off that momentum.  The US public opinion of her since has eased up on thinking she paid her way and lacks any singing ability, as many people thought before.  But she's still not totally in the clear, I think, that's why I imagine Interscope will probably put some importance into this release.

u6pq4c9.gif

Part of me wants a new, more updated HQ version of HDB because that song is a bop! But then again I'd really just like new Lana material instead of stuff we've already heard.. as long as it's not all AFFA/BB lullaby music.

Just gonna wait and see what she throws at us. I'm happy with everything new. I don't know if I'd like new versions of leaked/ unreleased songs tbh. What with Paradise Yayo being imo inferior to the majestic AKA version. HDB could be interesting tho but I still love that gangsta feel the versions that are out there have. 

I just want something new. I really like Born To Die production, it was inspired in hip-hop while Paradise was more rock, and I didn't like that. I want for Ultraviolence more hip-hop with orchestra at background. 

image.png

"majestic cinematic epic" makes me feel like the album wont be as dark as btd.. but i hope im wrong. i just love when her music has that haunting vibe to it. the kind that gives u chills at first listen and sticks with you wherever you go

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

I think that even though it leaked, Black Beauty will still be on Ultraviolence. I don't think it'll be the single though.

I'm hoping to see some of these re-released on the album:

Kill Kill (though we know she had plans to release Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant again, so maybe not)

Serial Killer

Hundred Dollar Bill (makes an "ultra-violent" reference, so...?)

Is It Wrong?

Velvet Crowbar

I just think that these songs stand a chance of being included.

As for a release date, I've honestly no idea what to think. Knowing Lana, she'll say "coming soon". Whatever that ever means.

Fingers crossed for a deluxe version, though I can't imagine why there wouldn't be one.

None of them will be on the album  :whoopi:  :stareney2:   

obv there will be a deluxe version  :dorothy3:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

I'm so pumped for this album, just knowing the name makes me excited hahahaa *~~Trust in Lana~~* she knows what she's doing

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Tbh I'm pressed it's Lohanthony too

Not trying to discredit him but his fanning over Lana seems so forced/fake to me, but again, it's not up to me...

Ngl he rides a lot of people for their fame. Did it with Tosh.0, Marina and Lana multiple times. I don't like it.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1