lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

It obviously won't since Interscope hated Paradise, they let her do so many things already I really don't think they would allow her to put out a record they don't have a good opinion of.

(Although I wouldn't mind)

Thanks for your input, I'm completelly clueless when it comes to business side of things.

I was worried cause a lot of leaked tracks for Black Beauty sounded really Paradise-like... I mean, I don't hate it, but it's kind of a borefest in comparison to BTD. I hope that Ultraviolence's gonna be completely different and amazing :agree:

i am nothing and should be everything

Ultraviolence is supposed to be "wrong and exquisite". Thanks Lana, now I cant wait even more  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

But it worries me how quickly she has made this record. Hopefully she will take some time (to autumn) and make this album perfect. Fruits need to be ripened.

What's the source on Interscope hating Paradise?  That would confirm my suspicions that it was supposed to LP2 but it got cut down to an EP.

u6pq4c9.gif

Lately I've been hoping that TOSTB, Hollywood's Dead, Starry Eyed, Afraid (:brows3:), I Don't Wanna Go and You & Me make an appearance in ULTRAVIOLENCE.

Totally unlikely, but I just always wondered—with 200+ unreleased tracks, I don't know how there weren't more albums—200+ tracks that just kinda didn't go anywhere really. What's more, an easy 85-90% of them are pure gems. Lana's gotten a lot of exposure on Long Island the past year or so, and while most of them don't know anything beyond BTD, PARADISE and in rarer cases, AKALG, there are a handful that listen to many of the unreleased tracks. If I remember from one of the interviews where the interviewer mentions "Puppy Love," I think it's apparent that Lana acknowledges that they appealed to many fans. So I don't think we've seen the last of them in Lana's discography. I do think that there are tracks and concepts that she's done and while they may not have gotten EPs or a slot in a roster for an album, I think Lana's just been biding her time for the right opportunity to combine them into the right project.

I JUST WANT SOMETHING ALREADY, I REALLY WANT TO GO INTO SPRING WITH A NEW SINGLE.
OH MOTHER DEL-REYDIANT, FORGIVE MY GLUTTONOUS GREED. :crying:

I'm very interested in her description of the album as "wrong"

If she's not doing stripped, then weird is the next best thing

"Finished" is nebulous.  The songs might be done but they still have to mixed, then mastered.  Plus art, promotional photos, etc. Takes a couple of months.

Also, I like TOSTB a lot too and it has that anger that might fall in line with something like Ultraviolence, but I doubt it'll be on there.  It's a shame that especially that one won't see light of day because she really delivers a great performance.

u6pq4c9.gif

As much as I want songs like Serial Killer, Kill Kill, Velvet Crowbar, Never Let Me Go, Trash, Driving in Cars with Boys, JFK, Angels Forever, Oh Say Can You See, Come When You Call Me America, etc to appear on the album, this leaked tracklist would be perfect. Lots of new stuff plus Black Beauty, which is the most hauntingly beautiful piece of work. She needs to stick to the more genuinely written and spellbindingly alternative rock songs. There is a more polished version of BB on soundcloud that is probably the album version...it's beautiful but much prefer the stripped down one. The fact that she's been working with the guy from the Black Keys at his studio in Tennessee is a very good sign. 

Lana-Del-Rey-doc.png

I'm very interested in her description of the album as "wrong"

If she's not doing stripped, then weird is the next best thing

im thinking we're going to get some of her cacophanous harmonies on the album like on the Carmen demo

giffix-1.gif

As much as I want songs like Serial Killer, Kill Kill, Velvet Crowbar, Never Let Me Go, Trash, Driving in Cars with Boys, JFK, Angels Forever, Oh Say Can You See, Come When You Call Me America, etc to appear on the album, this leaked tracklist would be perfect. Lots of new stuff plus Black Beauty, which is the most hauntingly beautiful piece of work. She needs to stick to the more genuinely written and spellbindingly alternative rock songs. There is a more polished version of BB on soundcloud that is probably the album version...it's beautiful but much prefer the stripped down one. The fact that she's been working with the guy from the Black Keys at his studio in Tennessee is a very good sign. 

Lana-Del-Rey-doc.png

How many times do I have to see this fake tracklist? :facepalm: :lanasrs2:

Lana-Del-Rey-doc.png

I love the sneaky way how you placed this fake tracklist without mentioning, like: "let's talk about the album" and then: "Oh, look what I have found." :hooker:

I don't know how many times I will see that one posted here.

Someone should hack her homepage and place it on there.

I can't wait! I need more new music

1016.gif

"ULTRAVIOLENCE: Coming to a record store near you" Little Bitch

4jkmc7.jpg

i wonder what "wrong" means. taboo lyrical themes or does it sonically not sound like what she has done in the past or like what pop sound like right now? both sounds good. and she sounds confident about it which makes me happy bc she sounded kind of depressed the first time she said she wasn't to keen on releasing another album and after black beauty leaks.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.