Sign in to follow this  
Ultra-Violence

Oscar Saboteur Targets Lana Del Rey Song "Young and Beautiful"

an Edward Gallegos sized mess.

2qc14s9.gif

Just because some site claim it's ineligible does not mean it's true and it was published on SEPTEMBER this year.

2qc14s9.gif

Like I said the rumor of the song not being for the film started because of the track list leaked before Paradise were released and Fans automatically assumed "Will U Still Love Me" were written for Paradise, but it was a false assumption. The rumor started to spread through blogs. No one "OFFICIAL" has stated the song was written for Paradise.

A0mf8NGCUAEB-hM.jpg

and Where's "Because Of You"?

2qc14s9.gif

Are u sure you're a fan when simple things like this go over your head? You have every right to share your "Opinions" but puh-leez don't claim them as fact.

And Young and Beautiful is one of her best songs, yall a mess.

I have a problem with you saying things like, "Are u sure you're a fan when simple things like this go over your head?" You don't need to know every single little detail to be a fan. Of course there are varying degrees of being a fan but saying things like that is kinda annoying. Also, just because you have you facts a little jumbled doesn't mean they're any less of a fan than you are. Saying things like that makes you look awfully immature and the last thing we want is for Lana's fans to be perceived as one of those fan bases that banishes you if you don't have the facts straight 100% of the time.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

I have a problem with you saying things like, "Are u sure you're a fan when simple things like this go over your head?" You don't need to know every single little detail to be a fan. Of course there are varying degrees of being a fan but saying things like that is kinda annoying. Also, just because you have you facts a little jumbled doesn't mean they're any less of a fan than you are. Saying things like that makes you look awfully immature and the last thing we want is for Lana's fans to be perceived as one of those fan bases that banishes you if you don't have the facts straight 100% of the time.

Of course, I agree but joining a site dedicated to Lana and NOT knowing this.  :lmao:

And Updated with Billboard report.

Anywho this will prob be my last post because I can't stand this board lol 

bye.  :hooker:

Of course, I agree but joining a site dedicated to Lana and NOT knowing this.  :lmao:

Don't leave! You are needed on this forum. BTW Y&B is loved in the US by a lot of ppl. By many it was the best song of Lollapalooza this summer.

Your attitude fucking stinks.

2qc14s9.gif

Just because some site claim it's ineligible does not mean it's true and it was published on SEPTEMBER this year.

2qc14s9.gif

Like I said the rumor of the song not being for the film started because of the track list leaked before Paradise were released and Fans automatically assumed "Will U Still Love Me" were written for Paradise, but it was a false assumption. The rumor started to spread through blogs. No one "OFFICIAL" has stated the song was written for Paradise.

A0mf8NGCUAEB-hM.jpg

2qc14s9.gif

Are u sure you're a fan when simple things like this go over your head? You have every right to share your "Opinions" but puh-leez don't claim them as fact.

Tragic

To me, Young & Beautiful should have a better chance of being nominated because it's used a lot during the film. It's really embedded into the movie, I laughed when the chords were played for the 8th time. It really is the 'theme' in a way that a lot of songs written for these films are not. Plus, come on, you don't want to see Lana get the Oscar? I'm a pop fan for myself so any of our 'girls' being there amongst the stuffy elite is good for me. 

so this is actually true? lmao 

i'm not surprised, really. i mean people have had it out for her since 2011 and just because most have warmed up to her since doesn't mean everyone has; particularly those that revile her for the most petty, or superficial of reasons. and its like, not only is this the most prestigious reward in the entertainment industry, she's credited as both the singer and writer (indicating intelligence and creativity) of a song where she literally calls herself beautiful about 47 times

her nomination (?) is bound to piss some people off; people don't want to accept the fact that she's as close to perfect as it seems to get 

ZRBNill.jpg

2qc14s9.gif

2qc14s9.gif

A0mf8NGCUAEB-hM.jpg

2qc14s9.gif

I'm so flattered you consider my thoughts and opinions as fact :flutter:  like I'm godlike but I didn't ever claim they were facts notice I said "I thought"

but actually they are facts that come directly from Baz Luhrmann and Lana herself. In an interview for cat radio Lana said she had 3 new song for her upcoming album; body electric, in the lands of gods and monsters and will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful. That was early 2012.

Baz Luhrmann actually said in a skype chat with Lana "we are very lucky that the song found a film" although apparently he did change some of the lyrics to fit with the film. Why they left in Rock n' Roll is beyond me as it's a total give away it wasn't written for the film.

It clearly was always intended for Paradise and therefore not an original song for Great Gatsby and not really eligible for nomination. Either the oscar voters did not know about this or it has been allowed through their very strict preliminary entry requirements for other reasons!!!!* But it did get picked up in the media and spread about on blogs a few months ago. In fact there was a mention of it being previously thought as not being eligible even today in the Guardian.

Surprised you can let simple things like this go over your head given you're such a drama queen stan you should be ashamed of yourself :lmao:

* Lana clearly has contacts in high places, don't forget the SNL backlash which most people think is about her awful singing but it was mostly about "HTF did she get on SNL just like that"

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

She had an idea for a song  called "Will you still love me", maybe even some chords and lyrics. We will probably never know how advanced the progress was. Have you heard it? Have anybody heard it? No? Then why do you  hammer us in the head with your arguments over and over again?  And trying to make fun of a true, passionate Lana fan is very low..

She had an idea for a song  called "Will you still love me", maybe even some chords and lyrics. We will probably never know how advanced the progress was. Have you heard it? Have anybody heard it? No? Then why do you  hammer us in the head with your arguments over and over again?  And trying to make fun of a true, passionate Lana fan is very low..

Were you talking to me? Has anybody heard it, well yes if you listened to the radio broadcast she actually sang it in the interview when she was talking about it being for her new album and it sounds then exactly as it sounds now.

I get the feeling you have taken sides here and I'm not into that shit, like it's okay for someone to make fun of my comments but when I reply to them you call me very low. I don't think I have hammered any of my comments I was replying to them. Talk about double standards :smh:

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

" sang it " really?  just a line or the whole song? A person can have an unreleased song in the drawer for ten years, and then give it to a movie director who rewrites it and adjust it to the movie he's making.. Is it eligible or not? What do you think?

But most important of all: what is the purpose of your stubborn fight? Let me guess. 1, you're smarter than the people at the Academy Awards. 2. you really want Lana to fail. 3. you like to argue and Always makes sure to have the last word. 4. All of the above.

2qc14s9.gif

2qc14s9.gif

A0mf8NGCUAEB-hM.jpg

2qc14s9.gif

If u were a fan you would know that she even sang lyrics "will you still love me when im no longer young and beautiful...) during radio show at the beginning of summer 2012 claiming this was gonna be on her new record. Seethe.  :teehee:  :teehee:  :teehee:

Edit: Somebody has already put u in the place where you belong.  :blush:

" sang it " really?  just a line or the whole song? A person can have an unreleased song in the drawer for ten years, and then give it to a movie director who rewrites it and adjust it to the movie he's making.. Is it eligible or not? What do you think?

But most important of all: what is the purpose of your stubborn fight? Let me guess. 1, you're smarter than the people at the Academy Awards. 2. you really want Lana to fail. 3. you like to argue and Always makes sure to have the last word. 4. All of the above.

Stating the obvious is now fighting ?

2qc14s9.gif

Just read the lyrics. They are most Lana´s cliche ever. They were "surely" edited by a movie director. I think its way more likely that she had 90% of this song already written before Baz´s ask and was meant to be on  Paradise (=the fact she proved).

I've seen the world

Done it all

Had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant

In bel air now

Hot summer nights, mid july

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

All that grace, all that body

All that face, makes me wanna party

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

Its like the final song on Paradise after Bel Air.

PS: And original movie song is the song that is originally written for the specific movie.

Sorry. Foolish. This is still just your personal opinions. Is an accused person " guilty beyond reasonable doubts " Is Y&B guilty beyond reasonable doubts or not. You think so, I don't.   I will stop it right here and move on.

Sorry. Foolish. This is still just your personal opinions. Is an accused person " guilty beyond reasonable doubts " Is Y&B guilty beyond reasonable doubts or not. You think so, I don't.   I will stop it right here and move on.

What ? The song was intented for Paradise - Fact therefore its not original song for visual media anymore. Let the Oscars committee decide