Sign in to follow this  
Ultra-Violence

Oscar Saboteur Targets Lana Del Rey Song "Young and Beautiful"

" sang it " really?  just a line or the whole song? A person can have an unreleased song in the drawer for ten years, and then give it to a movie director who rewrites it and adjust it to the movie he's making.. Is it eligible or not? What do you think?But most important of all: what is the purpose of your stubborn fight? Let me guess. 1, you're smarter than the people at the Academy Awards. 2. you really want Lana to fail. 3. you like to argue and Always makes sure to have the last word. 4. All of the above.

Apparently a song that wasn't written or originally intended for a film can not be nominated for the oscars and that is why there was media speculation (and still is) that the song might not be allowed. I'm not in a fight with anyone but you appear to want to make it that way I made a comment on the previous speculation of the songs validity for the oscars which ultra-violence reacted badly to and I just backed up my comment. You then decide to jump in and drag it out and make out like I'm doing something wrong if anyone is looking for a fight, or having the last word it's you and you're not doing either very successfully. You are clearly showing you suffer from double standards. Seeing as you both rate people's knowledge of Lana as a marker for their 'true fan' status I'd say I'm doing better than both of you. It's best to know what you are talking about before trying to start an argument with someone. What will be will be no need to get nasty it's not good for you and seeing as I don't give a shit kinda pointless really.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Um, guys, I just re-listened to that CatRadio interview. Can someone tell me where she actually says it was for her album? It's a little hard to hear what she's saying over the translation, but I never heard her say that. I do hear her say "soundtrack" in there.

FWIW, I think some of you are reading too much into the "rock and roll" lyrics. Sure, it's anachronistic, but it's so generic that I don't think you can say that Lana (or any other lyricist) wouldn't put that in a song she knew would be used in a film set in the '20s. But I do think you can make a case based on the "channeling Joplin, Jimmy Page now" lyrics in the demo. Those are very specific references that would be very out of place in the main theme to The Great Gatsby. Their presence in the leaked demo and absence in the released versions are conspicuous. Combined with some of Luhrmann's comments, I think it probably was mostly written beforehand.

But as I've said before, I suspect all that is irrelevant concerning her eligibility:

I really doubt it matters so long as the song is original and first released with the film. Even though she might not qualify under a literal reading of the eligibility rules, I doubt they have ever been interpreted in a way that would exclude "Young & Beautiful". And I would bet cake that other songs with a similar history have won.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Um, guys, I just re-listened to that CatRadio interview. Can someone tell me where she actually says it was for her album? It's a little hard to hear what she's saying over the translation, but I never heard her say that. I do hear her say "soundtrack" in there.

FWIW, I think some of you are reading too much into the "rock and roll" lyrics. Sure, it's anachronistic, but it's so generic that I don't think you can say that Lana (or any other lyricist) wouldn't put that in a song she knew would be used in a film set in the '20s. But I do think you can make a case based on the "channeling Joplin, Jimmy Page now" lyrics in the demo. Those are very specific references that would be very out of place in the main theme to The Great Gatsby. Their presence in the leaked demo and absence in the released versions are conspicuous. Combined with some of Luhrmann's comments, I think it probably was mostly written beforehand.

But as I've said before, I suspect all that is irrelevant concerning her eligibility:

I wouldnt have suspected the eligibility but she wasnt even nominated for golden globes. I thought this was more sure than being nominated to Oscars

One final comment. might as well go out with a bang. I wanted to be polite but why tho 

Mess @ya'll thinking I've never heard that interview!!  

23w33i1.gif

@@parkin EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop spreading fallacies and lies, Blogs pick up negative things about Lana and spread FALSE rumors because of "FANS" like YOU.

Even if Lana released Y&B on paradise, the song would still be F*CKING eligible.

The current Academy rule says an eligible song "must be recorded for use in the motion picture prior to any other usage", so recordings released prior to the film will not disqualify a song as long as the film version was "recorded" before then

This eligibility thing is fu*cking stupid as f*ck and should not even be in discussion.

I'm shocked, of all places that a god damn LANA fan forum would question the eligibility of the song where other forums ( with LDR fans who knew full well the history of the song) I've been to never questioned it.

@@Foolish mentioning the lyrics when it fits so well with the spirit of Daisy. I would have agreed with u if you had mentioned the demo but....

yFtfY.gif

And this right here is golden, ladies and gentlemen:

I wouldnt have suspected the eligibility but she wasnt even nominated for golden globes. I thought this was more sure than being nominated to Oscars

britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif

You have no FU*cking clue what you're talking about. Lana has more chances of getting an Oscar nom than a f*cking globe.

The Hollywood Foreign Press care more about stars and the image they gave the award show.  They nominated "the tourist" because of that reason (Jonny Deep, Angie)

Lana and her crap SNL performance destroyed, and demolished ha rep.

Have you looked at the nominees for best original songs at the Globes, all of them are pretty big stars (MAINSTREAM AS FUCK)

It's also the reason Criptdonna won the golden globe for "Masterpiece"

I'm fairly sure that there are only TWO SONGs in history that won a golden globe and an OSCAR (one of them was Skyfall)

e68aanigifenhancedbuzz2.gif

I'm waiting for that day where fans like you guys claiming bull shit when Lana releases "Time of Season" and spread false rumors again. :lmao:

@ THANK YOU and GOD BLESS. There's still a sane person in this thread.

Bye ya'll.

ijVkr0Ob62X8d.gif

Honestly, I've never read any speculation about if it was eligible or not, it's known among fans that she was working in new songs, she never said that it was specifically for Paradise ( but it's more a rumor than a fact). In September she announced she was working for a movie "set in the 20'", this is the only official source that confirms the song was for the movie ( and she did say that she wrote the "rest of the song after the garden scene") - there is no way they could disqualify Y&B because of that

One final comment. might as well go out with a bang. I wanted to be polite but why tho 

Mess @ya'll thinking I've never heard that interview!!  

23w33i1.gif

@@parkin EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop spreading fallacies and lies, Blogs pick up negative things about Lana and spread FALSE rumors because of "FANS" like YOU.

Even if Lana released Y&B on paradise, the song would still be F*CKING eligible.

This eligibility thing is fu*cking stupid as f*ck and should not even be in discussion.

I'm shocked, of all places that a god damn LANA fan forum would question the eligibility of the song where other forums ( with LDR fans who knew full well the history of the song) I've been to never questioned it.

@@Foolish mentioning the lyrics when it fits so well with the spirit of Daisy. I would have agreed with u if you had mentioned the demo but....

yFtfY.gif

And this right here is golden, ladies and gentlemen:

britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif

You have no FU*cking clue what you're talking about. Lana has more chances of getting an Oscar nom than a f*cking globe.

The Hollywood Foreign Press care more about stars and the image they gave the award show.  They nominated "the tourist" because of that reason (Jonny Deep, Angie)

Lana and her crap SNL performance destroyed, and demolished ha rep.

Have you looked at the nominees for best original songs at the Globes, all of them are pretty big stars (MAINSTREAM AS FUCK)

It's also the reason Criptdonna won the golden globe for "Masterpiece"

I'm fairly sure that there are only TWO SONGs in history that won a golden globe and an OSCAR (one of them was Skyfall)

e68aanigifenhancedbuzz2.gif

I'm waiting for that day where fans like you guys claiming bull shit when Lana releases "Time of Season" and spread false rumors again. :lmao:

@ THANK YOU and GOD BLESS. There's still a sane person in this thread.

Bye ya'll.

ijVkr0Ob62X8d.gif

Why are you acting asocial ? God bless people who withstand your company.

I don't understand where an argument came from...? If she's eligible by Academy standards, do our personal opinions and amount of knowledge on the subject matter? From what I know, you cannot enter a song if it was included on a prior release. It wasn't on BTD, therefore I doesn't matter. And I'm sure Academy members know better than I do. Please, no one argue with me! :omfg2:

The pushed back release date of Gatsby means it could have been written long before, for the film, and then dumped by Baz and re-instated into the film. I haven't heard the demo but Gatsby was supposed to come out in December 2012 for the awards season so who knows when he asked Lana to be included in the soundtrack. She could have then re-written it, took it for herself, put it on Paradise, then re-written it again for the film, who knows? We have no idea of the journey of the songs but I'm glad that it is eligible because it does deserve to be there. "Please Mr. Kennedy" is not on the longlist for Oscars so Y&B is definitely eligible. I don't know how the Oscars would even prove whether it was written for the film or not.

I don't speak Catalan, but I do speak Spanish which has some similarities, so I could kind of understand the translator at times.

She was talking about how she needs a special atmosphere to write. The guy then asks her if Barcelona inspires her to write. And she says that last night she was out on the terrace. I'm pretty sure she said "something that I ???( like?) like a soundtrack" and the translator mentioned something about classical or classic music, so I guess she listens to that for inspiration. After that, something about "I wrote three new songs that I love" at 6:11, "I Sing The Body Electric" and "In The Land of Gods And Monsters." The guy asks her if she writes the music and lyrics, and she says "yeah, last night I wrote a song called WYSLMWINLY&B." I think she said "last night I wrote the chorus" right before the guy asks her to sing a piece of it.

She doesn't mention if they're for any specific project, just that she wrote them. Being that Y&B is mentioned alongside the early titles for Body Electric and Gods & Monsters, I imagine it was probably intended for Paradise. When did she start working with Baz for the film? I recall an interview with him where he said that Lana only had the chorus written and they worked on all the rest. Trying to find it now. That would mean that until she started working with Baz, she only had the chorus of Y&B written, not the whole song.

I don't speak Catalan, but I do speak Spanish which has some similarities, so I could kind of understand the translator at times.

She was talking about how she needs a special atmosphere to write. The guy then asks her if Barcelona inspires her to write. And she says that last night she was out on the terrace. I'm pretty sure she said "something that I ???( like?) like a soundtrack" and the translator mentioned something about classical or classic music, so I guess she listens to that for inspiration. After that, something about "I wrote three new songs that I love" at 6:11, "I Sing The Body Electric" and "In The Land of Gods And Monsters." The guy asks her if she writes the music and lyrics, and she says "yeah, last night I wrote a song called WYSLMWINLY&B." I think she said "last night I wrote the chorus" right before the guy asks her to sing a piece of it.

She doesn't mention if they're for any specific project, just that she wrote them. Being that Y&B is mentioned alongside the early titles for Body Electric and Gods & Monsters, I imagine it was probably intended for Paradise. When did she start working with Baz for the film? I recall an interview with him where he said that Lana only had the chorus written and they worked on all the rest. Trying to find it now. That would mean that until she started working with Baz, she only had the chorus of Y&B written, not the whole song.

She said " mostly I can only write in the summer with the windows open. I put on a soundtrack or classical music and sit on the terrace.

Humble pie tastes like shit I never fancy it

when did she start working with Baz.

The cat radio interview was June/July 2012 she gave and interview nov 25th that she was working on film score. Filming for TGG was finished 2011.

She said " mostly I can only write in the summer with the windows open. I put on a soundtrack or classical music and sit on the terrace.

Humble pie tastes like shit I never fancy it

I don't understand. Are you saying you served me humble pie? I did the best I could with the Catalan translation and trying to hear Lana underneath it. I missed the "summer with the windows open" part, but other than that I did surmise that she listened to a soundtrack or classical music and that she was out on the terrace.

EDIT: Is this a response to mickos57 "eating humble pie are you"? I'm not sure who you're aiming at with the humble pie comment and I don't want to get all defensive if it's not even aimed at me.

I don't understand. Are you saying you served me humble pie? I did the best I could with the Catalan translation and trying to hear Lana underneath it. I missed the "summer with the windows open" part, but other than that I did surmise that she listened to a soundtrack or classical music and that she was out on the terrace.

EDIT: Is this a response to mickos57 "eating humble pie are you"? I'm not sure who you're aiming at with the humble pie comment and I don't want to get all defensive if it's not even aimed at me.

Yes sorry, wasn't directed at you at all don't know why I wrote that, I was quite drunk