Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

aww those poor israelis  rolleyes.gif

Not every Israeli wants war, just like not every Palestinian wants war. A lot of these people are victims of their government and circumstances. Don't lump the pacifists in with the extremists.

Not every Israeli wants war, just like not every Palestinian wants war. A lot of these people are victims of their government and circumstances. Don't lump the pacifists in with the extremists.

yes, but the difference is no innocent israelis are being killed so.....  :judgingu:

tumblr_n6hw8n7UC21tc9y96o1_500.jpg

yes, but the difference is no innocent israelis are being killed so.....  :judgingu:

I believe there have been about 20 Israeli civilians that have lost their lives since this all came to a head, that's not including the ones that have been hurt so you can't say that no innocent Israeli's have been killed. Yes, the Palestinians have lost many more but you honestly can't use death counts as a score for one side vs another like it's a soccer match. Every human life is precious. 

No one is right in this, you need to realise that. The majority of the Israeli public wants this to stop as much as you and I do. So do the Palestinians. Don't be a fool and believe what the media spoon feeds you... The extremists are the only ones promoting and acting upon war and forcing this horrid reality onto the pacifists who have no choice but to suffer for something they don't even want. There are lots of people in both Israel and Gaza/West Bank that just want their lives to go back to some semblance of normal instead of constantly being in fear of their lives suddenly ending or their world turned upside down. Unfortunately the government from both sides is feeding misinformation and lies to the media to prove their side is the "right" one.

I suggest reading up on what is actually going on there, and preferably on an unbiased media site. Most are incredibly left-leaning and full of propaganda. If you'd like to continue this debate, I recommend another thread or a PM, as this one is for Lana's concert in Israel.

God, sometimes I wish some of you would keep quiet when it comes to anything other than bad pop music. SMH @ this thread. :icant2:

Also, why does the OP want to find Lana at the airport and then ask what hotel she'll stay at? What the fuck?

Do you think she'll invite you to listen to sad music? Or do you plan to just watch from outside the window?

Hi all,

I'm going to the May 16 concert (tomorrow!!) at Sleep Train Amphitheater.  I have the Silver VIP package.

Despite being an old guy, I've never done the whole bit where you wait outside for hours and hours to secure a good spot.  This is the first time I've gone to a concert where I had a pit ticket, vs. having an assigned seat (except for Hollywood Forever, since there are no seats there).  So, I'm looking for a bit of advice from people who HAVE done this before.

For example:  Presumably, you take food and water to keep you going throughout the day.  But what do you do about bathroom breaks?  Assuming they have facilities nearby, of course, do you just make friends with people in line and ask them to hold your spot, or...?  Or do you just hold it all day?? LOL... As I said, I'm a newb at this.

Also, how early have some of you arrived for your VIP packages?  I got an e-mail from LiveNation the other day saying check-in at the VIP table starts at 5 PM.  Early admission starts at 5:30; general admission at 6, Courtney Love comes on at 7:30, and Lana at 8:45.  So presumably, I'll be waiting in line by the VIP table, assuming it's set up when I get there.  I was thinking of going down at about 8 AM to see what it's like.  I live fairly close to the venue, but it still takes about 15-20 minutes to drive there.  I was figuring on parking somewhere away from the venue and then just walking down.  I don't mind walking a mile or so.

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  One person I talked to the other day suggested something like a Camelback for water.  I have one that I use for bike riding, so I'll fill it up and have it on me.  Other than that... no clue. :)

Thanks!

SO...here is the low down on the pit for this tour. This one is unique because the Silver package allows for early entry so it changes the game a bit. People have been camping overnight. Some getting there at 9 or 10 pm. By morning, there are anywhere from 20 to 40 people in line depending on the location. This is important because if your goal is front row for a chance to have something signed or an opportunity to have a photo taken with her, then the earlier the better. The shows I went to, the fans created a number system for the early arrivals. Meaning the first person to arrive is #1 and then everyone else as they show up are the following numbers. Your number is written on your hand when you arrive. Although this is not done officially with Live Nation or the venue, this allows to minimize the chaos that could happen if you don't. Being numbered allows you to leave your spot to grab a bite, use the restroom, or wash up and then be able to jump back in line where you were. For the most part, everyone adheres to this out of mutual respect and because some people wait in line for over 20 hours. It's impossible not to leave out of necessity. I did it alone and it was hard to do it alone. Although everyone was friendly, it would be nice to do it in pairs or a group that one way one person could leave and the group can hold down the fort so to speak. 

Live Nation will not set up their table until 4pm or so. Those times that they emailed you is simply a guide. I can bet money all of those times will be pushed back much further. Live Nation is super organized in the process but those times are not realistic. Most venues are different but they should allow to wait and camp out for this. You can bring a ice chest to carry your food and water in. I highly recommend this. You will want to be nourished and hydrated to last the whole day and the show itself. I do not recommend parking one mile away from the venue. I just don't think you will want to walk that mile after the show and waiting in line all day long but that will be your call. If you park at the venue, this gives you a chance to go to your car and sit for a while to cool off during the day. You can also take your ice chest back to your car at the end of the day. If you park a mile away, bring a foam ice chest that you can dispose of at the venue before entry. I would also being a sturdy lawn chair as well. You don't want to sit on the concrete floor all day long. 

Once Live Nation sets up their table, they will let Gold packages go in first because part of their package is a party with food and early entry for crowd free merch shopping. Then, they check in the Silver packages and they number you - should match the number you had earlier if everyone keeps their place in line. Then, you wait a bit and the VIP Nation host [who is amazing by the way] will walk the Silver packages to the pit in a single file. This eliminates running and pushing. This works like a charm! Once you are in the pit, you can choose your spot. 

Enjoy the show @ !

Thanks, @@buster, I appreciate the tips!!  I wasn't sure I'd be able to park at the venue itself that early; that's why I was thinking of parking far away.  But if I can park at the venue, so much the better.  The ice chest is a great idea.  I'll try to remember to bring a Sharpie along... LOL.  And I definitely plan to have plenty of water on hand.

Curious, when you mentioned people lining up at 9 or 10 PM the night before and camping out, did you mean for VIP, or regular entry?

Thanks, @@buster,Curious, when you mentioned people lining up at 9 or 10 PM the night before and camping out, did you mean for VIP, or regular entry?

Some got there the night before for regular entry not knowing about the early entry for VIP. To me, its pointless to be there so early if you don't have Silver.

Some got there the night before for regular entry not knowing about the early entry for VIP. To me, its pointless to be there so early if you don't have Silver.

Did you mean it's pointless to be there early if you *don't* have silver, or if you *do* have silver?  It seems to me like if you don't have Silver, you'd want to be there that much earlier to beat the rest of the regular crowd.

I see your point. The pits are relatively small. Silver will guarantee first and second row for sure depending on your place in line. I guess it depends on the size of the pit too. Remember most others have seats. You definitely want to be there early to be as close as possible but honestly, Silver is the only way to guarantee a spot in the front for a chance to interact with her. And if you have to be there EARLY to do it.

Thanks to everyone who responded, especially @@buster!  Thanks to you, I was well-prepared.  Since the lots weren't open yet, I had to park almost a mile away and walk down a hill, so when the time came to take my chair, umbrella, and other extra stuff back to the car, it was a nice uphill trudge.  But since I live close by, I drove home and dropped stuff off, then came back and was able to park in the regular lots.

It's too bad no water bottles were allowed in the pit, 'cause I was pretty thirsty by the end.  We got in the pit at 6:30 and didn't leave until after 11.  When we were outside the pit, before we went in, they told us no bottles were allowed, and gave us cups to dump our bottles into.  What a joke... like you'd even be able to HOLD a cup in the pit, let alone actually drink from it without spilling it all over yourself from all the jostling... LOL.  I finished my water bottle before going in, but then that was it for 5 hours.  But I didn't pass out, and no one else around me did, either.  (I had heard stories from the group I was with that people had been passing out at the Shrine in LA, but that was an indoor venue and it was HOT.  We were outdoors, and I was wearing a light jacket and was comfortable.)  Now I know for next time, not that there will BE a next time... :)