National Anthem

ALLIE X

2 MORE ALBUMS? :defeated:

Ikr, I almost died when I found out. Maybe they'll find their way onto the internet when she gets more popular.

b19Ibls.png i'll pray for you kathi- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. god bless 

Apparently she has two full albums that hardly anyone's ever heard.

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for that for sometime. I know those two albums used to be on her old myspace at some point.

There is a privated live performance of Mistake on Youtube too.

自由になる自由がある

Can someone get stills from the privates video linked on the last page. I googled it, but since I don't have computer access right now I can't get it.

Stills?

b19Ibls.png i'll pray for you kathi- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. god bless 

Allie Hughes - Waiting for the Prize

1. That's Just Me

2. Gorilla Sounds

3. Bad Luck

4. Irish Colcannon

5. What Have I Done

6. Oyster Song

7. Perfect Day

8. Brand New

9. Fall

10. Something Isn't Right

Allie Hughes - Ladies and Gentleman

1. Elevator

2. Black Cloud

3. How 'Bout Cha Go Away

4. Walking Sideways

5. Irish Colcannon

6. Gorilla Sounds

7. My Leo

8. Cabaret Song

9. Something Isn't Right

+ we have Headmaster, Damaged Nail, Not the Stars and Rolling Days. I just find it weird we have songs that aren't from an official release but exist from that period...I'd expect it to be the other way around

BzhmW.png

+ we have Headmaster, Damaged Nail, Not the Stars and Rolling Days. I just find it weird we have songs that aren't from an official release but exist from that period...I'd expect it to be the other way around

The Allie Hughes EP was an official release though?

Allie Hughes then rocked out with her band. Like Kulak, Hughes also played the piano while singing her own original songs. She is also a trained musical theatre actor, having graduated from Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario. As a performer, she is infused with tons of energy, which makes her fun and captivating to watch. At one point, she stood up and started to dance- as much as her piano playing would allow. She has no pretense. She doesn’t try to be anyone except the artist that she is. And while that is extremely refreshing to see, it is also very clear that Allie Hughes is a strong enough performer that she doesn’t need to pretend to be anyone beyond Allie Hughes to bring the house down. She sang six songs from her debut album: “Elevator,” “Black Cloud,” “How ‘Bout Cha Go Away,” “Irish Colcannon,” “Gorilla Sounds,” and “Cabaret Song,” and one newer song dedicated to a friend who was in the audience. She was forced at the end of the night to give an impromptu encore when the audience refused to stop applauding or to leave. It was truly an awesome moment.

Hughes’ music has been compared to Sarah Slean and Regina Spektor, and I think that’s probably the easiest way to describe it. There are always unexpected moments, however, for at one point during “How ‘Bout Cha Go Away” her voice goes from akin to Regina Spektor to perfect and gorgeous Kristin Chenoweth-esque resonance within a few moments. The power of Hughes’ music, for me, is in her lyrics. She seems to be able to express and capture collective thoughts and experiences that aren’t often given voice in such a poetic way. Hughes is a poet. Even without the music, her songs would still be poignant and beautiful. With the music, these songs are gifts: up-lifting, self-affirming, empowering and just ‘angsty’ enough to give them adequate punch. Her voice suits the music perfectly. The best example is the way her voice captures the moment in “Black Cloud” as she sings, “…And I’m hard to keep from screaming/ And I’m the black cloud/ And I take on all the darkness of our home/ So you can be/ happy…” Ka-pow!

My favourite of Hughes’ songs is “Elevator,” which I think beautifully captures the experience of trying to strike the balance between friendship and falling in love. I think she is beloved by her fans especially for the lyrics to “Gorilla Sounds” which include, “You think you’re so hot. You think you’re so slick. You know what I think, boy? I think you’re a dick.” She’s smart. She’s sassy. She has an infectious, genuine smile that holds a glimmer of mischief. You’ll get intrigued

http://www.twisitheatreblog.com/archives/62

She was doing a lot of shows in 2008/09, a lot of copies of her album have to be floating around. I think it's funny she was friends with Tune-Yards on MySpace

ooooooooooh I found one of the 2006 songs

BzhmW.png

is this gorilla sounds?

not sure if this is relevant or not, or if everyone knew this and i just didnt, but there was a video for I Will Love You More http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/alx-i_will_love_you_more_video

also - more songs i didnt know about (sorry if everyone else here does)

Untitled Album - Allie Hughes

Embrace     2:34

Awaiting     3:07

Irish Traditional Folk and Techno     1:41

Jury Day     2:33

Edited by heartbreakhigh

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

By the way, is the a masterpost of all the songs we have? (official releases too).

I also found this, has anyone seen it yet?

http://vimeo.com/24061392

Also some mp3 interviews, I haven't listened to them yet but I think there might be some songs?

1 // 2

I don't know if anyone has already seen these but I found videos on youtube of Allie performing as a contestant on the show How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? I'll post them in the thread if anyone wants to see them

lWO07Ug.jpg?1

By the way, is the a masterpost of all the songs we have? (official releases too).

I also found this, has anyone seen it yet?

http://vimeo.com/24061392

Also some mp3 interviews, I haven't listened to them yet but I think there might be some songs?

1 // 2

I didn't include that performance in my post (if that's what you're referring to) because it already had one of "O Chad."

To the person who said a couple days ago about the performance of "Mistake" being privatized, it's still on Vimeo. For anyone who downloaded my link, it's included in that, wrongly titled as "Should I."

How rare is I Will Love You More?

Not at all. Why?