toshi

Saddest / Most Depressing Lana Song

Kill Kill everybody. That song gets me EVERY TIME. Oh, and RIDE, For K Part 2, Elvis, HDB demo, On Our Way, Black Beauty, and Damn You. 
Ohhhhh and YOUR BAND IS ALL THE RAGE. That song makes me cry ugly tears~

And this may sound stupid, but sometimes Blizzard makes me cry, because I can feel her pain with the whole department store situation.   :sadcore2:

On Our Way totally kills me! I don't know why but I can totally relate to what she sings. It makes me wanna get into a car and drive away.

Born to Die...i have just a lot of sad memories I connect with it, so I get really sad every time I hear it. 

Others are Ride, Gods & Monsters, Yayo, Little Girls and Damn You.

But never makes a Lana Song me depressing sad, just this kind of a happy, beautiful sadness. It may hurt to hear this songs but it's also addictive and I need this songs. :justride:

When I saw her live, her voice sounded fragile during Gods and Monsters, so this song has to be something sad to her personally.

Other songs which I think are sad:

Gramma (especially the beginning)

Black Beauty (the title itself says everything)

Born To Die (live at Château Marmont, omg)

Blue Jeans (not the sound, but more the story she's telling)

Last Girl On Earth (it turns my mood to being on the edge of suicide)

Has anyone considered Ride being a sad song? I found myself crying to it

Omfg I've listened to that song too many times & found myself tearing up. Idk how you couldn't find it sad  :defeated:

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.

Guest Dot

Hawaiian Tropic; the lines 'Every man gets his wish, every man gets his wish/You told me this, now you're gone' and 'I remember/Party dresses' are so tragic, I can imagine this song serving the closing song to an album that starts with EMGHW

^^^^^ THIS! I was just going to write about this idea!

YBIATR
Afraid- the first time I heard that song it was like a physical blow to the stomach.
All Smiles- has an YBIATR quality to it.
You're Gonna Love Me
Pretty Baby
For K Part 1
Dark Paradise- Death reasons.
Summertime Sadness- for DP reasons again. Someone I love died in the summer, and I always get sad that time of year.
Ride

Pawn Shop Blues
On Our Way

The Man I Love

Off To The Races- ^^^ Died because of cocaine.

Pin Up Galore

Blue Jeans! Very similar story. Almost exact with some things.

Songs about a guy who is bad for you that make me sad-

Butterflies, Butterflies Pt 2, Dum Dum, Golden Grill, In The Sun, Diet Mountain Dew Demo Version, Prom Song (Gone Wrong), Backfire, I Don't Wanna Go, Live or Die.

Yeah, almost every Lana song makes me sad. o;

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

Noir

Bad Disease

Gramma

Pawn Shop Blues

Body Electric

Gods & Monsters

Many Lana songs are said but generally there's a least one sentence in their lyrics that is a light in the dark. Not over-optimistic but leaves some space for hope. The songs mentioned above, though, sound to me as if there were no hope. In "Bad Disease" that desperate "Will no one help me please?", she isn't able to deal with her disease by herself but there's absolutely no one to help her, in "Gramma" her long-life trying to meet others' demands will always be an uphill battle, in "Noir" for others she doesn't even exist as a person, only as "that insane cartoon" and so on...

And the wind I know it’s cold

methamphetamines, you're gonna love me, get drunk, last girl on earth... i think Hawaiian Tropic is really sad actually. something about it gets me.

gah also elvis, ride and disco.

I have gold in my veins

It is a happy song and I love it, but at the same time I have paired it with a very happy/sad memory of mine so it makes me sad when I listen to it because of the memory

Oh. I understand that. Sigh

I have always seen Gramma as a happy song but I just found out it's pretty sad actually.

It depends on how you look at it...for me it's a really hopeful, calming song. Perfect to listen to in the morning when you're not ready to just really get up yet

The Video Games Demo just made me sad

So true! I think the Demo is so much more haunting and sad than the final version. Without all the theatrics and over-the-top stuff, it takes on such a darkly beautiful tone

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Dark paradise

End of the world :crying4:

I totally agree with that.

Other sad songs for me are:

Goodbye Kiss

There’s Nothing To Be Sorry About

Never Let Me Go

Pawn Shop Blues

Tired Of Singing The Blues

Damn You

Get Drunk

"Disco" is completely depressing. I love it. She gives me drugged out siren, stabbing the last bit of heroin into her arm. And I cannot forget about "Ride." I just love that verse where she says, "Don't leave me now, don't say goodbye, don't turn around, leave me high and dry." In my mind, I could totally imagine her in this state of desolation, on her knees, begging her "daddy," who clearly is no good for her and only wants her for a quick lay, to provide her with even a small amount of gentleness. Lana effortlessly captures the loneliness and self-deprecation of the song's theme within her tone of voice.

Some of the songs I think are really sad :

Yayo ( I couldn't tell you how many times I've cried hearing that song)

Bad Disease

Ride (Also the interludes in the video for Ride I think are sad, they always get to me)

Video Games (I think the melody in the song is very sad, especially if you listen to the instrumental)

Tired Of Singing The Blues

Bel Air (It's very haunting and when I saw the video for it, it made me cry)

Last Girl On Earth

Driving In Cars With Boys

And last but not least Radio. Radio is one of those songs which makes me sad and happy at the same time for some reason.