toshi

Saddest / Most Depressing Lana Song

What would you say is the Saddest / Depressing song that Lana has made?

I really can't answer it myself, a lot of her songs are quite sad so its hard to choose just one.

qsVmBMd.png

hmmm Methamphetamines probably takes the cake. Bad Disease, Living Without You, In Wendy, C U L8R Alligator a bit more like sad that she's that way, Elvis, Pawn Shop Blues, Yayo maybe, Get Drunk, Disco, Brite Lites sort of, Jump depending how you look at it 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

For me I have the trilogy of sad songs. The Main three are You're Gonna Love Me, Your Band Is All The Rage and All Smiles.

Black Beauty has a sad sound, but it's so beautiful. And a lot of the May Jailer songs are sad. Peace makes me want to cry. Without You is sad too. The Yayo acoustic demo too.

Sorry this is all over the place I was kinda adding as I go

Edited by BriteLites

This is tough, just because it's so subjective and my feelings can be very fickle when I'm listening to music, so songs will hit me some days but other days they will instead evoke acceptance or contentment for me such as songs like Pawn Shop Blues, TNTBSA, Fordham Road...usually it's the latter feelings for a lot of Lana's more solemn/desolate-themed songs.

But I'd personally have to say some of my saddest listening experiences have involved Methamphetamines, Hollywood's Dead, Born to Die, Hawaiian Tropic, ADDY, Starry Eyed, YBIATR, You Mister, Video Games, I Don't Wanna Go, and TVB&W—some of those I've cried to, but for the majority, I've just experienced an overwhelmingly intense bout of blues. Probably just because Lana does a lot of the opening up to vulnerability for me when I listen to her, so there's a safety-net between me and the emotional typhoon. The same goes for even her covers of Goodbye Kiss, Chelsea Hotel No. 2, and The End of the World.

This is tough, just because it's so subjective and my feelings can be very fickle when I'm listening to music, so songs will hit me some days but other days they will instead evoke acceptance or contentment for me such as songs like Pawn Shop Blues, TNTBSA, Fordham Road...usually it's the latter feelings for a lot of Lana's more solemn/desolate-themed songs.

But I'd personally have to say some of my saddest listening experiences have involved Methamphetamines, Hollywood's Dead, Born to Die, Hawaiian Tropic, ADDY, Starry Eyed, YBIATR, You Mister, Video Games, I Don't Wanna Go, and TVB&W—some of those I've cried to, but for the majority, I've just experienced an overwhelmingly intense bout of blues. Probably just because Lana does a lot of the opening up to vulnerability for me when I listen to her, so there's a safety-net between me and the emotional typhoon. The same goes for even her covers of Goodbye Kiss, Chelsea Hotel No. 2, and The End of the World.

Hollywood's Dead? Really? It's such a glamorous song to me... I've never considered it a sad song, to me it sounds like MDM (sonically) and Body Electric (lyrically). But now that you mention it I can feel the sadness somehow

But of course, a song might provoke different emotions, it depends on the person

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Hollywood's Dead? Really? It's such a glamorous song to me... I've never considered it a sad song, to me it sounds like MDM (sonically) and Body Electric (lyrically). But now that you mention it I can feel the sadness somehow

But of course, a song might provoke different emotions, it depends on the person

It is so glamorous! Admittedly I only really felt sad listening to it for maybe a few weeks after it leaked just because it happened around a moment filled with a series of undesirable romantic events, but it's been a liberating song in a sense since then.

Dark Paradise is a song that doesn't really hit me. Just kinda seemed forced lyrically compared to the alternate demo and the alternate lyrics she sang at Glasslands. I always felt if I heard the Glasslands version in studio form or at least in full, I'd have more of a response to it. :whatever:

It is so glamorous! Admittedly I only really felt sad listening to it for maybe a few weeks after it leaked just because it happened around a moment filled with a series of undesirable romantic events, but it's been a liberating song in a sense since then.

Dark Paradise is a song that doesn't really hit me. Just kinda seemed forced lyrically compared to the alternate demo and the alternate lyrics she sang at Glasslands. I always felt if I heard the Glasslands version in studio form or at least in full, I'd have more of a response to it. :whatever:

It's true what you say about DP, it's not authentic... The demo is a completely different song (You got the fire, I got the power, whatever) I feel like the studio said 'Hey, why don't we turn this into a dead lover/suicide/sad song?' so she slapped some death allusions to change the meaning and that's it, or she simply reused the chorus and made a completely different thing.

Nevertheless it's a beautiful song...

ZmJh1LG.jpg