lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

Guest Dot

the new Dark Paradise maybe?

it better be the new Cola, and now that we know Rick Nowels is invovled in 5 songs from UV that gives me a little hope to hear Cola 2.0 :pray2:

Yes, stan for queen Cola! :whitney:

Guest Dot

Ewwww how can one hate Carmen???? That song is flawless!!!!!!!

How can one think West Coast is her best song? :troll: No seriously, don't bash other people's taste when you demand other people to remain quiet regarding their opinion. :mhm:

I'm torn between the way she described UV in her latest radio interview  as a "vibe" :facepalm: which is BS and what Auerbach said about it that is a sonic monster and listening made him uncomfortable. Auerbach got 4,5 stars for his latest album from rollingstone.com while she was castigated by the same magazine for the tracklist which was labelled as "absurd". Since Auerbach praised UV and Auerbach was praised by the RS we may infer (hope) that UV will be praised by the RS. This logical inference is obviously denied by the RS reaction to the tracklist, it seems that they are preparing for another quick and superficial dismissal of her work. The haters come up with an explanation for the Auerbach appraisal saying that they probably fucked together which I sincerely doubt

Does anybody take the RS serious anymore? The reviews there declined since the 1990's in such a terrible way.

It's not really that they have stopped BTD from selling round 5 million copies. Nobody reads reviews anymore besides "stans" and they are most likely written by stans of other artists these days.

And I bet some of these magazines are fuming since they have laughed her off and prognosed her to fade within two or three months.

Why do songs have to be the 'new' Cola or 'new' Dark Paradise? What the fuck does that even mean? Would you be satisfied if it were lyrics over the same instrumental? Please can you be more descriptive...

AFFA is a 'new' Ride and people shaded it for being reductive compared to Ride lol are you really asking for more song clones

Guest Dot

Im still praying for Florida Kilos being Kill Kill

:flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

No need to pray sis, because IT IS the remake of Kill Kill. hellothere.jpg

Guest Dot

if it is a remake half of yall wanting florida kilos to be kill kill are gonna say she butchered it and she should've left it alone  :smokes3:

I wasn't a big fan of Kill Kill when i started to listen to AKA and I still think it needs some improvement. If she did butcher it, oh well...but at least she tried, you know what I'm saying...?

"The title track, "Kill Kill", was originally titled "The Ocean", however the title changed after a record producer dismissed the name as "boring". In frustration, Lana crossed out "The Ocean" above the lyrics, and wrote "Kill Kill" in place of a title."

Does that mean that she didn't intend to actually call it "Kill Kill"?

I wasn't a big fan of Kill Kill when i started to listen to AKA and I still think it needs some improvement. If she did butcher it, oh well...but at least she tried, you know what I'm saying...?

"The title track, "Kill Kill", was originally titled "The Ocean", however the title changed after a record producer dismissed the name as "boring". In frustration, Lana crossed out "The Ocean" above the lyrics, and wrote "Kill Kill" in place of a title."

Does that mean that she didn't intend to actually call it "Kill Kill"?

Yes, I think I read somewhere that she wrote "Kill Kill" (the title) out of anger.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Guest Dot

Yes, I think I read somewhere that she wrote "Kill Kill" (the title) out of anger.

Hilarious, tbh. Why didn't she do anything against it?

Guest Dot

I know lol, no one likes the Yayo remake so why is everyone excited for Kill Kill? 

It's not that bad, actually. I'm listening to it right now and it kind of reminds me of Trash Magic and Pin-Up Galore. Yayo is actually a very slow and mellow song and other than doing a rock version, which again, many people would've complained about, there isn't really much you can do with that song in terms of arrangement. Kill Kill, however has a slight chance of being a little more interesting with a "fresher" production.