lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

I guess the lyrics are a little too...umm, basic, for my taste, it's the sort of thing a lana wannabe might write, the tune's ok tho, i suppose, just overall it feels like less of an effort than the other tracks. The demo's good though, i do quite like the demo.

O_O

i think it has some of her most clever lyrics in terms of phrasing, rhyming, and rhythm. i guess to each his own, but

i think the pre-chorus especially is so cleverly worded!:

and there's no remedy

for memory

your face is like a melody

it won't leave my side

your soul is haunting me

and telling me

that everything is fine

but i wish i was dead

(dead like you)

i think the song is great. especially the strings! 

We can't really guess anything about the brand new songs, other than we know nothing about them :whatever:

I think we should be happy that we have the song in HQ and it already sounds finished.

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, no assumptions being made, and I totally love the song as it is, it's just a fun thought to entertain! :)

I remember last year when Lady gaga was promoting artpop I was at the mall when i saw that they were allowing people to listen to the whole album at the apple store prior to it's release. I didn't go in since I don't listen to her but do they usually do that with albums? Any chance they might with UV?

I remember last year when Lady gaga was promoting artpop I was at the mall when i saw that they were allowing people to listen to the whole album at the apple store prior to it's release. I didn't go in since I don't listen to her but do they usually do that with albums? Any chance they might with UV?

that might be a marketing campaign chose to be done by Gaga's team, its not necessarily done for all the albums!

Lol, I find AFFA so meh... I don't want to have it on the album !!

But i trust her/her team, they always chose wisely, i couldn't picture BTD or Paradise with the songs that were written for it but didn't make the cut in the end...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I hope Shades of Cool has many references to this:

71SiYjr.jpg

:heart:

I feel like the bonus tracks might all be remastered versions of older songs, but the rest are new material + Nina Simone cover.

Sorry, did we find out 100% that it's a Nina cover? I think I missed that...

I'm torn between the way she described UV in her latest radio interview  as a "vibe" :facepalm: which is BS and what Auerbach said about it that is a sonic monster and listening made him uncomfortable. Auerbach got 4,5 stars for his latest album from rollingstone.com while she was castigated by the same magazine for the tracklist which was labelled as "absurd". Since Auerbach praised UV and Auerbach was praised by the RS we may infer (hope) that UV will be praised by the RS. This logical inference is obviously denied by the RS reaction to the tracklist, it seems that they are preparing for another quick and superficial dismissal of her work. The haters come up with an explanation for the Auerbach appraisal saying that they probably fucked together which I sincerely doubt