Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

West Coast was a sign of great things to come. Shades of Cool is proof of that greatness. It almost killed me at first listen. Seriously, during the chorus I felt the strongest euphoria I've felt since maybe the first few weeks of discovering Lana for the first time.  :defeated:

I was a bit sceptical the first seconds, but that passed quickly. This is probably an accurate description of my reactions during this song:

:pft:  :erm:  :isee:  :shock:  :cumming:  :crying5:  :suicide:

I'm not gonna lie, it's not my favorite song of Lana's, but it is good. I'm really loving the connection I feel between this and Black Beauty. I cringe at the rhyming of "California too" and "Chevy Malibu" though lmao.

I already adore this song, from the wah wah guitars to her melisms in the chorus! Have we discussed the [Pseudo Video] descripton on the the vevo page? What's that suppose to mean?

No, we haven't. I tried googling it, but what came up is that multiple videos have this "Pseudo Video" in the title (one of them being an Avril Lavinge video). I then saw that there was a wikipedia page for a website called pseudo and it was a website for live video and audio webcasting but went bankrupt in 2000. It's just confusing.

I already adore this song, from the wah wah guitars to her melisms in the chorus! Have we discussed the [Pseudo Video] descripton on the the vevo page? What's that suppose to mean?

No, we haven't. I tried googling it, but what came up is that multiple videos have this "Pseudo Video" in the title (one of them being an Avril Lavinge video). I then saw that there was a wikipedia page for a website called pseudo and it was a website for live video and audio webcasting but went bankrupt in 2000. It's just confusing.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Have we discussed the [Pseudo Video] descripton on the the vevo page? What's that suppose to mean?

I would say it has something to do with the song being sped up in the Vevo version, (pseudo: not genuine but having the appearance of), so it's giving the general feel of the song, but it's not the actual song.

I would say it has something to do with the song being sped up in the Vevo version, (pseudo: not genuine but having the appearance of), so it's giving the general feel of the song, but it's not the actual song.

Sounds very plausible. 

i cant understand how someone who loves lana cant like this. i just dont get it.

It sort of reminds me of when West Coast came out and it took people a while for it to sink in, especially when the tempo change happens. This is a very torchy type of song.

I love Shades of cool so much. Unlike West Coast (Which took me a few listens to feel that hit of pure bliss not that I'm saying its not very good BC actually its now one of my favs) Shades of cool was instantaneous wave of pure nirvana.I like the 70's psychedelic mixed in with jazzy undertones feel it has. Also has anyone noticed how lana is adding elements of her Lizzy Grant era into her single/promo single so far. By the looks of it Ultraviolence looks set to topple the greatness of BTD and now I seriously can't wait for june 16 to come round

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The verses sound too similar to Silent Hill which is fucking cool. I'm glad she's using her baby voice again cause it's beautiful. And I hope we get a very dark and disturbing video, it would fit perfectly with this song.

It only means that it is not the real music video but just audio. The description is automated by Vevo when it was uploaded and the title is only to distinguish that this is not a real music video.

I'm in love with this song... Ever since the first time I've heard it... It's so heavenly, and full of emotions.. And the part where her voice gets drowned into that electric guitar, eargasm...  :worship:

@@Sadcore Maybe the official one is the version posted on YouTube  :brows:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm in love with this song... Ever since the first time I've heard it... It's so heavenly, and full of emotions.. And the part where her voice gets drowned into that electric guitar, eargasm...  :worship:

@@Sadcore Maybe the official one is the version posted on YouTube  :brows:

I guess I should have figured that out on my own. Dumb question hahah. Thank you :D

29legc9.gif