Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

I just used anything2mp3.com and used a soundcloud version that claimed to be HQ and it's BEAUTIFUL.

HA, you use the same methods as me for getting songs sometimes!

great minds think alike I suppose.

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

You guys... I don't think I'm going to be able to stop playing this song... Ultraviolence is going to f***ing overwhelm me! Eargasms galore. This is so Lizzy Grant I can't handle it. West Coast was unbelievable and now this song. WHAT. I'm pretty sure they're my top 2 favorite songs now. I. Can't. Stop.  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I made a lyrics video! It's processing, but you guys should watch it when it's done :D :D

Does anyone else hear the sirens during the guitar solo? (Or is that just me..) Omgosh I don't think I've ever had an 'eargasm' before, but woah.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I actually think some of these lyrics are on par with songs like Get Drunk or Kill Kill etc. a level of emotional impact her music hasn't had on me since I first heard Video Games. Not to diss the rest of BTD, still the best record of 2012 (mainly just cause the first few songs are so good the second half of the album could have just been Lana queefing pepsi scented farts into the microphone and it would still be one of the best albums I ever heard)

You guys... I don't think I'm going to be able to stop playing this song... Ultraviolence is going to f***ing overwhelm me! Eargasms galore. This is so Lizzy Grant I can't handle it. West Coast was unbelievable and now this song. WHAT. I'm pretty sure they're my top 2 favorite songs now. I. Can't. Stop.  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I made a lyrics video! It's processing, but you guys should watch it when it's done :D :D

I like the beginning and how it sounds like it's going backwards and then goes into the song. I thought you got a messed up version until I heard the song start, but I love it.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

idk how i feel about it yet :ohno:

i like the music, i just think the lyrics aren't having the same impact on me as they usually do. it's weird because i thought i was going to absolutely adore all these songs and the new direction straight away, but they're taking time for me to get into.

I have gold in my veins

I can tell this album is going to take a few listens to take everything in. The sounds are so different and unexpected, I think that the rest of the album will have the same effect. Either way, I feel like it will sound amazing live. I like the song. The verses feel a bit thrown together from the way she sings it. It's like she's free-styling over the instrumentals. I love the chorus, even if the reverb helps, I could've done without it being overdone. I don't know how I feel about the guitar part. I'm sure Blake will kill it live. The best part of the song is near the end, especially the moaning or the crooning she does. Not too impressed with the lyrics, but it's typical Lana, but I do love the line "and when he calls, he calls for me and not for you." Overall decent song. This is definitely made for a promotional track.

^ agreed.

I just hate the improvising type singing with no clear distinction.

It annoys me so much what could have been an amazing song.

Million Dollar Man has a similar vibe but you can tell the distinction between the melodies on the verses and choruses.

And her vocal is awful in this song. Nasally just like West Coast.

*rummages through purse, furiously looking for heroin needle**

Lana is speaking to me so clearly this era. From the art direction of this promo single cover to the dreariness of both song releases, I assume Mother Lana is returning to her true origins, yet she has stepped her game up stupendously. This is giving me "Disco," "Black Beauty," and "Bel Air," all of which happen to be some davorites of mine, with the "violentest" flair.

I will not take Lana this season!

Yes, Lana, stay in your lane, sis. Do what works for you. Why change the formula? It is glamourous sadcore teas, and you all will live.

Lana is coming for my summer playlist spots, I can tell. Love the song. I think she could have released something a little more upbeat. But god that guitar... Just the atmosphere of this song makes me feel like I'm on a beach or something in Miami or California, and I love it.

People complaining about Lana's vocals being 'nasal' lol you don't even know what you're saying... let along what a nasal voice really sounds like tbh

For real. You wanna hear a nasal voice, listen to almost anything John Lennon ever recorded.

Either Shades of Cool is a grower or it is going to be my least favorite song on Ultraviolence :pft:

We have 2 songs (3 if you count Black Beauty) out of FIFTEEN songs. Don't get ahead of yourself and label it your least favorite Ultraviolence song without hearing it within the album and it's context. :facepalm:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

^ agreed.

I just hate the improvising type singing with no clear distinction.

It annoys me so much what could have been an amazing song.

Million Dollar Man has a similar vibe but you can tell the distinction between the melodies on the verses and choruses.

And her vocal is awful in this song. Nasally just like West Coast.

Shh

LfispDX.jpg

We have 2 songs (3 if you count Black Beauty) out of FIFTEEN songs. Don't get ahead of yourself and label it your least favorite Ultraviolence song without hearing it within the album and it's context. :facepalm:

I wasn't being serious. Lol obviously it's unreasonable to assume this will my least favorite song based off of a single listen. :facepalm:

I am serious about it being a grower for me, though.

Nothing scares me anymore.