C0neyIslandKing

Lana Del Rey performs "Ultraviolence" (Song) in Vancouver

Really?! It's like some of the (very young) people here were listening to The Crystals all their lives! :toofunny:  If Lana wouldn't brought up this particular verse most of you would never heard about The Crystals or their lyrics (He hit me and it felt like a kiss)

nah its a well known song for being controversial (for that line) its lazy to steal other people's lyrics rly

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

nah its a well known song for being controversial (for that line) its lazy to steal other people's lyrics rly

it's one line and it's not like she couldn't have come up with this herself, as if it was super-deep-poetry or something.

So calling it lazy is really overreacting. :lanasrs2:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The beggining sounds to me like something you would hear in a Western film, idk why lol

Morricone influence?  She likes him.

u6pq4c9.gif

This song is better than SoC for me, but not as good as WC yet.  I can see it growing on me more, though.  I hope more of the songs aren't just her belting out the title over and over in the chorus.  I know it's not just like that but it feels like that.  I like the mature lyrical side of Black Beauty and hope there's some of that more.  Shades of Cool seems to touch more on that than either of the two so far (and what we've heard from Brooklyn Baby).

u6pq4c9.gif

Morricone influence?  She likes him.

Pretty sure it is... I mean it has this amazing epic cinematic (too much adjectives lol) sound that I love! I'm not into the song THAT much but the beginning gives me goosebumps :defeated:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

it's one line and it's not like she couldn't have come up with this herself, as if it was super-deep-poetry or something.

So calling it lazy is really overreacting. :lanasrs2:

:agree2:

Maybe Lana just really likes the line. And do you know for a fact she got it from The Crystals?

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

:agree2:

Maybe Lana just really likes the line. And do you know for a fact she got it from The Crystals?

Well, it is a quote which is associated with the band often, and it can be assumed that she knows the song.

But yeah, she always made references to "older music", this time she uses one quote.i would call it rather creative than lazy, it fits her retro-style :smokes2: 

Well, it is a quote which is associated with the band often, and it can be assumed that she knows the song.

But yeah, she always made references to "older music", this time she uses one quote.i would call it rather creative than lazy, it fits her retro-style :smokes2:

Yeah, it does fit her retro style, actually, Perhaps that could be the reason she did it! 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

UV doesn't seem to be retro in terms of the Marilyn Monroe/ Elvis era. For the thing she aims for, I it stil fits very well.

But it seems retro to me in terms of '60s and early '90s rock music. 

And the Crystals are from the early 60s, aren't they? (even though they aren't rock music) And I also have Courtney Love's Cover in mind when I think about the song, which is indeed something I would relate to the "retro-roots" of UV.

.i would call it rather creative than lazy, it fits her retro-style :smokes2:

If we're going to complain about that, then we may as well complain about 70% of what she does since it's all borrowed from a time before her. So much of what she does is nostalgia, her whole look has been lifted from Prscilla Presley/Nancy Sinatra ect. her singing style also, i mean...........if at this point using an old skool song title as a lyric is so awful then how has anyone been on board with her for the last 3 years? 

If we're going to complain about that, then we may as well complain about 70% of what she does since it's all borrowed from a time before her. So much of what she does is nostalgia, her whole look has been lifted from Prscilla Presley/Nancy Sinatra ect. her singing style also, i mean...........if at this point using an old skool song title as a lyric is so awful then how has anyone been on board with her for the last 3 years? 

Well that's what I was talking about ^^

i wasnt saying its ~awful~ just that its a bit lazy lol

its cool that she likes that lyric enough to use it but i know she can write amazing stuff by her onesome (elvis was all her, my favourite song, amazing lyrics) just sayin yo

:whatever:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.